Hamburgers

>the burger is not a healthy and delicious form of sustenance

How did this meme even start and is it political?
Bread: good
Vegetables: good
Meat: good

What's the problem? Why does it upset Europeans so much that we enjoy these?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2015-10-27-processed-meat-causes-cancer-warns-who-report/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2015-10-27-processed-meat-causes-cancer-warns-who-report/

Just had a Five Guys bacon burger cause reviewbrah gave it his highest review ever

There is no such thing as unhealthy food*, only unhealthy portions.

(except trans fats and nitrites, but neither of these are an issue for a good quality burg)

>processed meat
>processed
Everyone know that processed foods on general are bad for you. The OP is obviously arguing for grass-fed beef with wholesome vegetables on it, topped with a whole grain bun.

>take cow
>put it in grinder machine
>it suddenly causes cancer now

>Bread: good
Says who?
>Vegetables: good
A symbolic slice of tomato doesn't automatically turn something into a healthy meal
>Meat: good
There's hardly any meat on the regular (most common, as in mcdonalds etc) burger

What you don't mention
>Soda: lots of sugar
>Fries: lots of fat
>Onion rings: lots of fat
>Milkshake: lots of sugar, lots of fat

Some combination of these is what most people mean when they talk about burgers being unhealthy.

As an American who recently moved to Sweden, I can tell you that not all of Europe is upset. There's a burger place like every seven feet in Stockholm.

>Fat is bad!
cool 1960s science breh

the pleb nowadays equates high amount of fat and carbs = unhealthy.

You do know the avarage burger is a fucking mass of fat and salt.
Do a fucking burger yourself with some ground beef and don't fry it

We just had a five guys open where I am in scotland.
I want to thank Americans for demonstrating they can't make a burger chain that isn't McShityourpantstomorrow.

>they CAN make a burger.
Seriously, these are good burgers. Is it a popular chain though as I've never heard of it before.

>no cheese

Trashed.

It's kosher

Very popular here at least on the east coast through the gulf.

The good news is that fast food joints have to pass very strict regulations with regards to the freshness and quality of the vegetables and shit (at least here in Europe) so that part is good.

And sure, burgers have tons of fat and salt, but those things aren't actually bad for you. Especially fat has had a change in perception lately. Trans fats and sugars are the things you want to avoid. The real issue is that they contain a lot of it and provide a ton of calories. This is bad for people who don't exercise a lot and eat it too often. It is arguably good for very poor areas because calorie-wise you get a lot of value for your buck.

TLDR there's nothing bad about a good burger.

Yeah no.
Don't get me wrong I love bread and all but no, it's not healthy food. Especially burger buns.
Same goes for the fries.

>Why does it upset Europeans so much that we enjoy these?
The rest is fine assuming good ingredients but since the only restaurants making burgers over here are fast food chains, the ingredients are low quality too, the meat is saturated with salt, the sauce is fat as fuck, and it's all super greasy. And a bunch of sugar 4noraison too.

There is blue cheese or similar on that burger.

>kosher

Oven'd

You know, you can get burgers basically anywhere. Gourmet ones and shitty takeaway ones and all points in between. Thing is, even though the Gourmet burgers in the states were pretty good, the standard takeaway ones were bloody terrible, tasteless meat, sugary buns, cheap ketchup. You get a burger from an italian takeaway in Ireland or the UK and it's an amazing experience.

Then we also have all kinds of other foods that Americans just don't get. Not just all the "home cooking" stuff like stews, pies, pasties, bakes, etc, but also superior fatty fast food like breakfast rolls, curry house balti, doner kebabs, spice bags. What do americans have? Shitty hot dogs made from shitty meat, paying through the nose just to get food made from non-dogshit ingredients. For a country that thumps it's chest about food so much, you really have no basis for it - food in America is bloody awful.

No.
>Vegetables: good
They barely qualify as vegatables.
No.

If the meat is organic and grass fed, then sure. Bread is not good. More and more people are getting celiac disease and bread causes inflammation, causing you to age like garbage.

Sorry we can actually afford food and out diet doesnt consost of potatoes and krokodil

Mostly the bread, and accompanying fries/soda. Soda being the worst.

"Affording" cheap junk food isn't an achievment.

oh god please dont be one of those shitters
>m-muh gluten

>go to five guys in D.C.
>ask for a burger
>they literally just give me a patty between two oily buns
>no veggie no nothing
>you actually have to ask them all the ingredients one by one
That culture shock man.
I don't get it americans, when I go to the restaurant I don't tell the chef to fucking add seasoning, and sauce on my veal chop. He knows how to do that. Does taking decisions all the time make you feel that good?

Mmmmmmmm

Don't forget potatoes.

Reported for shitposting.

Depends on the burger. I cook burgers on my grill at home a lot with 96% lean beef and no cheese. Gotta find some better buns though.

My first and only visit to Subway was extremely frustrating precisely thanks to this.

>Op makes thread about health of a burger
>Proceed to list off unhealthy food items that aren't burger
burger good

>he fell for the farmer jew
oy vey
no it's not about gluten

Yes, goy, continue eating grains.

>all burgers are cheap

No

>MUH WHO REPORT

Processed meats are treated with things like nitrates, which are known carcinogens. That's why PROCESSED meats are cancer causing, it has literally nothing to do with meat itself.

Hamburgers can quite healthy.

It's because it's typically paired with things that are very bad for you that people confuse them as unhealthy. French fries, milkshakes, soda. When you eat things like that your insulin levels spike up very quickly and the high fat content and high carb load goes straight to adipose.

There is nothing wrong with bread unless you are very sensitive to gluten. The carb load of JUST the bun is not going to be bad for you. Too much bread can provide a high carb load, and depending on the ingredients of the bread it's glycemic index can be high or low, but an appropriately sized bun will not be unhealthy even if it's white bread.

Again, when you load ALL OF THE TYPICAL BURGER "MEAL" together then you get a very unhealthy dose of carbohydrates. Fries+soda+bun will be over 100g of carbs in a sitting easily.

For example, if you get a mcdonalds hamburger, that alone will have 32g of carbs. If you eat one hamburger, the profile is going to be 8g fat/12g protein/32g carbs. This is a perfectly acceptable macronutrient profile and not unhealthy (mcdonalds quality and the other shit they put in makes it bad, but the macronutrient profile itself makes for a rather good meal).

If you get the hamburger+SMALLfries+SMALLcoke then the profile becomes 19g fat/15gprotein/108gcarbs. This, combined with the fact that most of those carbs from those fries and the soda are high-glycemic, will cause an immense and rapid spike in blood glucose levels and then insulin levels after consumption and THIS in particular is what will cause rapid adipose deposition.

>food in America is bloody awful
This, coming from an Englishman...

>grass fed beef
>paying 10 quid for a burger

Fucking 15$ for a burger

And simple carbohydrates, and artificial carbohydrates, and candy

Burger can be healthy food, however it's usually made from shitty low fiber white bread, unhealthy red meat, full of majonese and shitty cheese.

Fries are enbodyment of sin, barely any fiber, los of salt, trans fat and carbonhydrates.

shake shack?

Good choice going for jalapenos. I bet you had some beer that night too. Is it any wonder you had the roaring shits?

>not asking for the works
Don't blame five guys for you being a retard

If you are buying expensive burgers you probably need to rethink your life.

Speculation:
America always had a huge cow culture. Beef is cheap, high quality and plentiful.

Most of Europe never really had this. If anything, cows were more for milking. They pay more for ground beef than we do and they don't have quite the same history of utilizing it.

So hamburgers just never caught on there because for us it's a cheap, basic food component but for them it's pricier.

Any food can be cheap or expensive depending on the quality.

Are you seriously this retarded? You having alcoholic delusions?

This
It's just that fat is the most energy dense macronutrient, clocking in at 70 calories per gram. Dietary fat is metabolized in the body; only a small about is absorbed.

What actually happened
>Hi, I'd like a burger please
>No problem Sir, what would you like on it?
>Ww-what d-do y-you m-mean, just a burger p-please.
>Hey, that's not problem, here at Five guys we let YOU make your ideal burger and you can choose any toppings you'd like for FREE!
>o-oh, u-um -j-just a b-burger and c-cheese
>Are you sure Sir?
>y-yes
>*runs home to bitch about excellent American customer service in fastfood joints on a Korean basketweaving forum

Mate, you're from France you cunts speak English and you still get all fucking hissy about anyone not fluent in French asking for a breadstick that's not drowned in garlic and mussels or whatever.

>you have to know the secret lingo to eat there
What is this, fucking la Tour d'Argent?

A fuckin leaf maple nigga.

>T. I need a double bacon cheeseburger

Texas fag here. Five guys is pretty fantastic. Only a local joint around here makes a better one.

commencing dump of last nights Beer Can Bacon Cheeseburger madness...
1/5

>unhealthy red meat
Stopped reading right there

2/5

If you are going to be at least slightly discerning about what you eat, and if you are willing to spend more money on it, settling for a burger of all things is the definition of retarded.

Then again, most Americans seem to have an 11-year-olds attitude towards food.

3/5

4/5

5/5

love da burger

Fastfood overall is unhealthy, but yes burgers can be healthy

Wasn't me taking that photo also I meant they were good burgers, not bad ones like McDonalds, I just pulled that image off the googles. I just go for a double cheese and bacon with Lettuce and tomatoe little mayo. Onions if I'm feeling adventurous, but I've only been 3 times since they opened back in January.

You do realize that high-end restaurants can make high-quality burgers out of their own choice of meat cuts, right? The burger is a form, and is as good or bad as the quality of ingredients used.

Hey fuck you man I don't pay to tell you how to make my food.
Also stop fucking smiling while you're serving me, it looks like you're enjoying yourself.

looks like shit, probably similar to your face. hate you fucks who think everything has to be wrapped in bacon. FUCKING EPIC BRUH XDDDD

White bread with red meat will never be healthy, no matter how much you pay for it.

You have never had a gourmet burger so you arent in much of a position to talk. It isnt "settling" some places make fantastic burgers that are on the same level as any other upscale food. You are just retarded, and pretentious, which is ironic since you come from a shithole.

i mean, its such a shit fucking burger, you cant even pick it up and eat it.

There must be a difference between AMerica and russia, considering we can pay a little extra once in a while for a better burger.

you seem upset

It literally has a big fucking billboard telling you what vegetables they have that you can add to the burger above where they cook it. you can't fucking miss it ass it takes up like the entire fucking ceiling.

Found the Algerian.

you are a pathetic excuse for a burger chef. i bet your fries are limp, just like your cock.

You all forgot the fluoride free water MAAAN!

I understand you're from Russia and you don't have much access to the modern biochemistry publications that have debunked the 1950's understanding of "red meat and saturated fat are bad for you" but you don't need to be obstinate about your outdated and incorrect position.

damn that shit's disgusting

>complains about specifying food
>doesn't know what rare, medium-rare, medium, and well-done are
>servers try to make you feel welcome by smiling
>complains about friendliness

>bread: good
Looks like you have some research to do, leaf.

>using actual meat and not veggie burgers
shameful, /po/

>he doesn't know about the sweet/salty/smoky/savory contrast

What? World cancer research fund recommendations for red meat consumption not good enough for you?

But sure trust whatever agriculture, monsanto or whatever funded research you prefer.

>MUH

>GLUTEN

Potatoes are tasty and nutritious. We were lucky to have them while the British took all the land and food and shot us for trying to fish or hunt. Potatoes meant we could survive on a 10ft x 10ft plot of land they so generously allowed us to rent from them. Of course, when the blight came, the Irish starved by the millions while the British exported food under armed guard, but that really isn't the potato's fault.

We couldn't find proper rolls to put them on. It was our first try.
I'll let the guys know that we shouldn't like things that you don't like.

Faggot

I didn't say anything about fat. I specifically said white bread and red meat. Feel free to evade the point as much as you like, but both are bad for you.

Not in the sedentary labourless setting of the 21st century. If you're a bricklayer, sure, why not. If you're an accountant, no.

How many generations of humans before most of you would love to kick you in the ass for telling them Bread is bad

a normal sized hamburger, fries, and soda is now considered the 'kids meal'

you know, 500 calories for a meal isn't enough for a grown man! i need fifteen layers of bacon and cheese and ultra ghost pepper death sauce!

my body has transcended to the next level. i need at least 2000 calories per meal to keep me going. and dessert. and maybe some snacks when i get hungry at work. and then it was martha's birthday so we had cake too.

EXCESS ISN'T ENOUGH

>70 calories per gram

Way to go pulling numbers out of your ass, it's 9 calories per gram for fat.

Explain how white bread and red meat are bad.

What, specifically, biochemically, about them makes them harmful.

Go ahead.

I don't care about cancer research because it correlates cancer with certain things. That is fallacious. Many (most) people eat beef, many people get cancer.

>bread made from something other than whole grain flour
>healthy

wew friendo

Gotta drink that milk for bitch tits :)

>muh cancer

Largely genetic

American here

Ditch that food food. Humans dont eat plants when theyrr not starving

Get the bacon tripple cheezeburger wit extra chz, large fries with extra salt.

If youre super lucky pair it with lemon powerade