Just watched this movie with my dad after seeing the heaps of praise it gets here, and I was appalled. Blatant sexism...

Just watched this movie with my dad after seeing the heaps of praise it gets here, and I was appalled. Blatant sexism, antisemitism and casually racist remarks plague this picture throughout.

It's a shame because it's clear that a lot of effort went into the special effects, the costumes, the set design, cinematography. It's just that the script is absolutely sick with holocaust jokes littered throughout and "humor" stemming from the treatment of minorities and various ethnic groups as if they subhumans (the movie literally starts with the lead character muttering "fucking kike.")

In the end though, it is just a glib facsimile of all the other Sam Raimi pictures from the last couple of decades. I guess he had to pack it in for the first few years of his career, having to suck up to Hollywood until he gained enough status to show his true nature without consequence.

I feel disgusted knowing that people such as the acclaimed actor Toby Maguire who I used to respect agreed to contribute to this abysmal and abhorrent picture. Every time I see his face now I see the image of Toby molesting the lifeless body of Willem Dafoe's character on Harry's sofa followed by the poor lad yelling "WHAT THE FUCK?", understandably confused and angry at the sight of his best friend giving his dead father one last prostate massage before disappearing into the night.

Every time I think of this movie, I feel like running to a shower, but the word "shower" swiftly becomes replaced with a whispered "zyklon c" in my head accompanied by the visage of Dafoe's wild glistening eyes in front of a gas chamber.

Words cannot describe how much I hate this movie. It is almost the dictionary definition of unforgivable.

But then again, it was a different time.

You're lucky to not have seen the "behind the scenes" of the movie. Raimi had Toby go out in the middle of the night to murder homeless people and prostitutes, to "get him into character."

Was that before or after Raimi made Tobey and Willem join the KKK to understand the themes of the film, only for them to halt filming for a while because Willem had stayed in the klan for six months longer than Raimi had intended?

That was before I'm pretty sure, because I remember Tobey vomiting several times after the first ten minutes of killing homeless people. You could even hear Raimi laughing in the background.

"Blatant sexism, antisemitism and casually racist remarks plague this picture throughout."

We are on Sup Forums, the retarded posters here fucking love that shit.

it was a different time

>Back to Auschwitz?
Jesus Raimi. It really was a different time back then.

>I'm autistifc and can't read and I don't know how to use greentext to quote because I'm from reddit
neat

He's lucky that he didn't see the Verlängert cut of the movie

Aww, this post triggered you? Good.

He must've been influenced by American Psycho. Pretty misguided and highly inappropriate in retrospect, Peter Parker is nothing like Patrick Bateman.

>Nippon Strong, Nippon Strong
>Imperial Japan did nothing wrong!
>Rape of Nanking?
>No such thing!
>Experiment on GIs?
>Allied lies!
>Look out!
>The Red Sun rises again!

I'm amazed that Sony, a Japanese company, allowed this.

>"mr stark, my uncle always told me that if you're white and you don't do anything to reconcile the horrible sins of your ancestors, then why do you deserve great power?"
Watts tries, but he just can't match Raimi's knack for subtlety.

Bait?

Is this real?

>"engaging Raimi protocols"
>"whoah"
>"noose webs and racial profiling are online"
>"what!?"

THIS ZYKLON B BATCH HAS TO BE WORKING NOW OR THE FUHRER IS GOING TO KILL ME

>Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut. 'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.'

Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. On a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'.'

Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him poring over it repeatedly in his trailer

You're acting like you haven't seen the infamous "Spider-Man pisses on and attacks homeless New Yorkers" scene. It happens when he gets the black suit in Raimi's 5 hour cut, but they told him to save that plotline for a sequel.

God bless the American Nazi party

It was a different time

fucking kek

This is the final form of Sup Forums.
A never ending loop of ironic and post-ironic discourse.
Soon nothing existing here shall be true

It's been like this a while

Say what you want about Sam Raimi but he is no Hitler. Hitler at least had the decency to kill himself eventually.