>stock characters
>corny dialogue
>no original soundtrack
>copious overacting

This wasn't very good, was it?

but skinny ties my dude

Murdoch-Chan a cute. A CUTE!

how to get gf to make snicker doodle swastikas

You don't simply get a red-pilled gf; you make one.

>bland
Elaborate.
>shallow
Elaborate.
>stock
Elaborate
>corny
Elaborate
>no OST
Elaborate
>overacting
Elaborate

Second best Tarantino film

>falling for low-effort bait
Elaborate.

Jackie being the first.

I'm intrigued to find out how committed he is to his craft and I have nothing better to do, so yeah.

What do you expect from him though?
He literally took the best things about the movie and then put a negative adjective before them.
A more masterful baiter would at least try to seem convincing

I expected a solid Tarantino thread, a lot of threads here evolve into a solid discussions with some shiposting to fire it all up. Just look at NCFOM or The Wire threads.

>mfw I was too autistic to notice the social cues.
So let's discuss Tarantino
I put reservoir > inglourious > pulp > kill bill > django

best QT movie and an anomoly considering it's his first. he's gotten progessively worse since then and I can't think of a single filmmaker who started out making his best work and then quickly deteriorating in quality with each subsequent movie. Not talking about a one hit fluke either because PF and Jackie Brown were pretty good, just not as good. Everything after that is subpar.

Haven't seen Jackie nor Death Proof, though I will soon, but my ranking goes like this:

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs (personal favorite)
Hateful Eight
Kill Bill vol 1 and 2
Inglorious Basterds
Django

Shame he dropped his game a little post Jackie, but the bar scene in IB is 10/10 and H8 was really good, one of the better theater experiences I've had in recent years, so I'm definitely interested to see what he'll do with the upcoming Manson biopic and his final film.

Where's Jackie Brown, Death Proof and Hateful Eight?

Haven't seen and it doesn't help that people don't talk about those movies very often; makes me think they are forgettable

It's good but overrated by Pulp Fiction contrarians.

H8 was also a rather good one, why didn't you like that much?

People also don't talk about Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut and Paths Of Glory that often, but they're hardly forgettable. Also, who cares how often people discuss a certain film? If you're talking about mainstream audiences, those are the type of people to jerk all over Nolan, so yeah.

IMHO best sequence in any Tarantino flick is Italian speaking scene in Inglorious

Jackie Brown and Death wish seem like low budget B-movies, you think they hold up to his other films?

But that isn't even the best IB scene, man, that bar scene was GOAT and perhaps the best scene he's done in the last 10 or so years. But that's not to say that the Italian one is bad, far from it, just that the bar one stole the show, at least for me.

Jackie Brown is his most serious film to date and Death Proof had a strong first half and fell apart in the second one, but was still fun and had a solid cast. If for anything, watch them just so you can be done with Tarantino, even bad films are worth watching, since you can't fully appreciate the good without knowing the bad.

They are. People only remember certain scenes and bits of dialogue, if even that, because Quentin is not a good filmmaker and he doesn't know how to tie his movies together to tell an overarching story with central themes. They're just sort of random scenes strung together with a few interesting set pieces along the way.

Back in the 90' s people mistook that for some kind of artistic statement; they really thought he was deconstructing film. Turns out Tarantino isn't a genius, he just lacks the ability to make conventional films.

>Turns out Tarantino isn't a genius, he just lacks the ability to make conventional films.
That's some Mr. Bean level coincidence there if it were true but it's not. His movies are good because he makes compelling characters/dialogue and the story falls second