Cosmic Storytime of Pain: ALL of Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy #5 - BLACK VORTEX edition 2

Only three issues missing! I pray I have the strength to end this.
Last time: everyone wants a shot at cosmic McGuffin, Beast and Gamora went craycray, Hala was destroyed, Sam was a lovable dumbass, Teen Bobby was great, J'son was BTFO.
Now Spartax has been encased in amber by >THANE? because J'son's keikaku included using it as a breeding chamber for the Brood. Carol Danvers is delivering the McGuffin to Spartax, because Kitty has a plan.
Read all of this at

We're continuing the revered tradition of posting variants for no real reason

Same things for credits pages.
But hey, I like that someone could butt in in a random issue and just read that

Humphries is just generally terrible at writing "young people"

Kitty and the Brood don't go along too well

Why isn't Magik teleporting them away to bumfuck nowhere?

Sup Forums sometimes think I hid embedded files in the pages
Too bad Carol's experiences with the Brood aren't referenced here

And now we have every player left on the table in the same place

Hit her with the nerf bat if anything

M-madelyne?

This panel really gives off some serious pedo vibes

>broski Peter
Humphrieeeeeeeeeeeeees!

I guess this is in fact what we'd get if we amplified current Memelord

It's still unclear if the BV shows you your potential or a mirror version of full ptential you or a vision of full potential you's future

>NOT MAI WAIFU!

>You're a better man
>For you

Ok, finally the fights stopped and people are talking and debating again
It's still unclear what Magik, Storm and Carol are doing posing like that

This would've been more meaningful if it happened at the beginning of the event, with people agreeing or disagreeing on an actual basis

>telling that to Illyana fucking Rasputina
This nigga

Oh right, people are still fighting to death out there

Time to unleash Cosmic Kitty.

Can you feel it happening, Sup Forums? Can you feel the end approaching?

Variants again

Bumps are appreciated if you're reading along or just strolling here, I'm struggling with my connection

As I said before, this is the last issue for the whole thing, but since we've read Legendary Star.lord 1-11, we'll read the last issue too

This is distinctively Humphries' writing if you know him a bit

It's 5 cosmic Slaughterlords vs 6 cosmic good guys + Nova, Captain Marvel, Drax and the rest. How are they struggling?

Anyone here with a really huge macro fetish?

Wait, what is the Hood Jewish Kitty meant to represent?

How else can bendis make his waifu relevant?

Trippy

RONAN OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE

That's qyuite unflattering

Thanks for the bump. I think this is 100% Humphries though

I expected more of a revenge scene out of this, this is no Annihilation but damn he should have such a lust for revenge

Isn't Ronan's coming a good thing? Or should he exact revenge on Gamora, Beast and Angel too? I mean he should

This is honestly believable considering that normal Kitty pulled the whole bullet through Earth stunt

Remember the jokes about Kitty genociding the microBrood when she was fake pregnant in Aaron's run?
She genocided them again for real this time

Humphries please don't write X-23 ever again thanks

Could she fix Hala while she's at it?

Shit villains through and through and they even all got to make it to the end cosmic powered

And now we mirror the whole starting scene

So note that AT THE END OF THE EVENT we learn that
1- the BV couldn't be destroyed
2- what the Celestial's intent was and that he gets angry if you reject it

>That's OUR Gamora! *laugh track*

The "consequences" will be fucking nothing in UXM #600
Thanks for nothing, Bendis

Notice the new designs, rasta Groot and icecube Bobby

Someone stab that fucking nosy cunt holy shit fuck off shitter

I don't get the pairings here but /ss/ Magik would be hot

DUDE DISNEY MOVIE SONGS LMAO

PSA: Bendis never used Cosmic Kitty again, never even referencing the thing.

Wouldn't you, like, keep semi-floating and slowly sliding in one direction if you did that in space?

But he was on the Flying Fortress. Did someone actively discard him out of that? Is the giant monster dead?

2bh Thane is still greatly OP considering he can instakill from a distance now, fly and shoot energy beams

>Ms. Pryde, I'm GotG
>THANE?!
>Get them on board, I'll call J'Son

You can literally randomly attribute those balloons to anyone in that room and it doesn't change a thing

Humphries pls
Also kek at Rocket changing face again

Truly the meme that keeps on memeing

Whoa, that's like, deep, man

THE FUCKING END
Posting LSL #12, but to anyone reading, opinions?

Posting this page just so you can see the blatantly false information since ANXM and GotG didn't deal with BV fallout

>this is no longer ooga chaka

Who felt the need of Victoria's character?

It's all shit

>but for us
It was Tuesday?

I honestly expected worse reactions, probably because I felt it dragged so much, but a couple of anons in the main thread found it decent

I mean, it's stupid, but mostly uneventful if not for Bendis piggybacking to further the "beast is a shit" and "gamora really hates Thanos" plots

I still feel genuinely unsettled at the Hala retaliation by the cosmic trio

>Remember the movie, guys?

No worries, Bendis caught up with Dogfucker with Cataclysm
I'm still mad

Another redesign to fit the MCU I could've done without

Black Vortex was dog shit. It was so bad that Bendis actually remembered it existed so he could retcon it.
Although I'm sure Kitty Pryde will stay god-like

Wasn't Humphries already off the books by then? It was Fialkov who wrote the tie-in minis and they were honestly great

He actually used her in the last two issues of his first volume.

Is she even a ranking military of Spartax?

I took a quick glance and I only saw Gamora, I must be mistaken

Nah, he already retconned it so that the powers are temporary and disappear if you use them too much
It was a thing with Gamora

So assuming that this franchise will remain at the mercy of movie synergy, how hard do you think they're going to walk back Star-Lord's relation to J'son, and how?

These two pages are quite stupid.

Jesus, Hank. When did you become the local quipper?

>the powers are temporary and disappear if you use them too much

But what about Gara?

Nah, he'll just not get used anymore. If anything I'm pumped for more EGO THE LIVING PLANET
But still I feel like trying to make the GotG the new huge franchise ultimately failed, they can't support more than 3 books and the spinoffs have to have a very distinctive feeling

>origin issue for Victoria
Who asked for this?

Nobody cares about Gaara and Suna no kumi

They failed because they attached it to a hack who can't write science fiction

>the second panel
hurr durrrrr

It's hilarious how we actually saw the Collector during Black Vortex and he didn't look like this at all. Did he just happen to get plastic surgery, go to the hairdresser and change his wardrobe for the first time in billions of years?

I know, that's why they're relaunching Star-lord with Zdarsky
But still except Rocket's book, everything else including Drax, Guardians 3k, Guardians Team-up and shit tanked in the sales chart

I know it's not canon but in Avengers Alliance (RIP ;_;) it was stated the mirror shows you what it thinks is your true potential. I'm guessing this vision is the mirror telling Peter he can only achieve his true potential if he becomes a full blown asshole.

It's because Paco Medina is a fucking lazy ass and it shows multiple times

Spoilered for intense stupidity, read at your own risk

It's too long and it shows just how bad cosmic Marvel became post-DnA. That's about it for me

Yeah, after all that time on "Time is broken" and yelling how Hank's one time travel thing is worse than anything Kang or TEMPUS had ever done, nothing ever mattered and no damage was done to anyone or anything.

>Shotout to all my proud, FIERCE, beautiful womyn of color out there, you rock, gurls!
t. Tumblr

This is dumb.

This is dumber.

*shrugs it off*
Meh, I was rusty, kid
*dances behind you*

I personally don't mind the redesign, I just don't think it's a good idea to do it right after a story where he had the old design that was set like a day earlier.
If he had started using the new design in the Contest of Champions book set over 8 months later, I wouldn't have been bothered.

ONLY PAGE OF ACTUAL PLOT PROGRESSION
Too bad it won't go anywhere, but it was a neat idea to see that little Hickman's concept carried on

I meant that Bendis caught up with Humphries in terms of Kitty-wanking. Nut you're right otherwise. It's just that Catasclysm felt very disappointing for what it was supposed to be

Words fail me. I'll try anyway.
DANCING MAKES THE COLLECTOR CRY BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN HIS COLLECTION?

Not only did it not go anywhere, Hickman outright ignored it. At the end of Time Runs Out, we see the Supreme Intelligence is fine and in charge of the Kree armada, don't recall if Ronan was there too.
Ronan hasn't show up since this event, has he?

Wow, what a shitty plot device

>not Ryder
>He didn't get the memo

>J'son: I seriously hope you humans don't do that
That concludes our crazy ride on the Black Vortex.
Please keep this thread bumped along the other, at least for a while, but honestly feel free to make this one a Cosmic General Thread, since it only has 78 images in it.

I'll do some questions:
>what did you actually like about Bendis' tenure of GotG?
>if you have read so far, what themes or ideas did you notice with bingereading that you didn't before?
>what ideas would you have liked to see developed better?
>hope for the future?
Feel free to discuss anything anyway, thank you all for reading. See you tomorrow with the new thread