/djt/ - Daily Japanese Thread #1975

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epfPe2U_2Xk
asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201802250027.html
tokyoreporter.com/2018/02/24/osaka-american-man-accused-of-confining-missing-woman-seen-carrying-large-bag/
bbc.com/news/world-asia-43190380
youtube.com/watch?v=awXZsuEADRQ
djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦も
jisho.org/word/尻餠
youtube.com/watch?v=V5uaiu1GWbU
e-grammar.info/sentence/sentence_01.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nYJJw60DxEM
ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/content/口
mzisland.com/club/jis2/jis2_004.html
yourei.jp/侑食
furigana.info/w/勲
kanjipedia.jp/kanji/0003539700
websaru.info/食い気.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't have time to link to this thread in the old one ;_;

I am still very much a beginner in Japanese, but I enjoy listening to NHK radio before going to sleep. Are there any other talk radio stations that have live internet streams?

There are a bunch in the guide resource list.

>it's free if you pay
Jej.

Well, do you job and rip all the JP subs they have.
But, from reports I've seen, most subs are re-translations back into Japanese, not actual 1:1 subs with the audio.

*stem
時々、「茎」を蒸気と書き間違ってしまうのはかなり恥ずかしい。わかっていても間違ってしまう。
文例が思い咄嗟に思いつかなかったので書けませんでしたが、
可能表現では、
「この穴には、このネジがはめられる」
「この穴には、このネジをはめられる」
という表現が可能であるが、実は自発や受身の意味では「が」しか取れず、「を~れる」は近世以降生じた用法です。
更にで述べたように、「れる/られる」には四つの意味があるために曖昧さを避けるために、可能動詞か「~は+動詞連体形+ことができる」/「~を+動詞連体形+ことができる」の型が好まれます。
そして、「れる/られる」は古語「ある(生る)」が本動詞であり、「できる」の本動詞「出来る」と同じto come outという意味なので、意味的には同じになります。
「この本が、この箱に入れられる」
「この本が、この箱に入れることができる」
「この本は、この箱に入れることができる」
「この箱に、この本を入れられる」
「この箱に、この本を入れることができる」
「この箱に、この本は(/をば)入れることができる」
可能の意味の場合には、絶妙な違いは感じますが、ほぼ同じ意味となり、focusの「は」の場合、名詞本来の格が主格か対格も文脈なしには判断できないですね

日本食食べたい

youtube.com/watch?v=epfPe2U_2Xk

American man questioned after human head found in suitcase
asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201802250027.html
Osaka: American man arrested in connection with missing woman seen carrying large bag
tokyoreporter.com/2018/02/24/osaka-american-man-accused-of-confining-missing-woman-seen-carrying-large-bag/
Japan police question US tourist over severed head
bbc.com/news/world-asia-43190380

youtube.com/watch?v=awXZsuEADRQ

Fucking Americans do not come to Japan

Bombing that room would have been justified.

I feel like a retard but I don't quite get that sentence here.

そういうファンタジーな夢を見られんのも子供のうちだけ

>そういうファンタジーな夢を見られんの
I read that as "I don't have such fanciful dreams"

>子供のうちだけ
"Only inside a child"?
What's the も doing? If I understood in right it can't be djtarchive.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦も cause saying that children also can't have such dreams makes no sense.

I'm sorry if my translation is completely wrong, unfortunately I'm misinterpreting basic as fuck sentences all the time.

nice binary get

It's "only while you're a child".

Oh, and 見られん is slurred 見られる (potential 見る).

>見られん is slurred 見られる
What the fuck, really? I thought it was abbreviated 見られない google translate thought it's negative as well.
Fucking slurred speech, tried to google that shit but found nothing either.

Well thank you clearing this up user.

>うち
>inside

This is why going for simple one-word translations for terms where it doesn't apply just because it feels easy is poison. うち holds a much wider meaning of inclusion of which "inside" is only a part of, and going for the easy route with words like this always fucks you up with misunderstandings later down the road.

I know it can also mean within a certain time range (pic related) but I never know what meaning to apply.

I know I'm bad, guess I need to read more.

>such fanciful dreams only inside a child

The meaning is practically the same in all contextes though, it's just very broad. I think your problem is that you're relying too much on individual English (or maybe German) words like "inside" instead of internalizing the concept of the word within Japanese itself.

50% !!!

Halfway to the end! (of the very beginning!)

Yay! :D

>見られん is slurred 見られる
user I tried to confirm what you said but wherever I look it seems to be the abbreviation of 見られない
I'm confused.

ら行 sounds are slurred to ん frequently, it's not just negative
何してんの(何してるの)
すんな(するな)
忘れらんねえ(忘れられない)
You'll see it especially slurred into な行 sounds
Context is a big clue since using ん at the end of a verb as a abbreviation for negative ぬ carries its own tone and just doesn't fit in a lot of places

Is です or だ really necessary on positive statements?
空は青い
空は青いです
Like, it makes no different either way, right?

no, it's not necessary
in fact you can't use だ after 青い and if you didn't want to make it polite with です you would just add nothing

with nouns you would usually either put だ or です or である or something but even then, you can just end with the noun, which is called 体言止め

like you could say「まあ、なんて素晴らしい青空」and end it there
it kind of gives off its own impression, and is sort of artsy

jisho.org/word/尻餠

>mochi used to celebrate a child's first birthday; mochi tied to a baby's back if he starts walking before his first birthday in order to cause him to fall on his backside

????????

youtube.com/watch?v=V5uaiu1GWbU

I don't get it either.

WotDs of the day:
喇叭

聾する

聾唖者

盲人

片跛

けんけん
食べ滓
歯垢
玉虫色
北朝鮮
韓国
河豚
海豚

e-grammar.info/sentence/sentence_01.html
>命令は目の前にいるYou(「あなた」や「あなた達」)にするもので、
>動作を行う人(主語)が必ずYouなので書かなくても分かります。
End of first line, which is にするもので supposed to be?
にする+も+ので
にする+もの+で

recorded and memorized

WTF I'm calling PETA.

The second one
命令は 目の前にいるYouにするもの
Orders (命令は) are something (もの) that is done (する) to the "you" (Youに) in front of [speaker] (目の前にいる)

On behalf of America, you can do whatever the fuck you want with that dude.

ありがとうございます。

Man looks like Japanese babies are still normal after being born, it seems to take some time before the parents can finally break them and train them to become a proper 日本の社会の奴隷

don't write Japanese long sentences.
that's just your mast*rbation.
that just only means your low level of ability of Japanese language.

and use the picture relate to your sentences.

相手は明らかに日本人なのに
わざわざ下手な英語でレスを打つのも
オナニーとは言えなくもないと思うけど

How extensive is Tae Kim
s grammar guide? Is this really everything you'd need to survive in daily life(apart from AのB-type formulas) or is this just another tip of the iceberg?

>is this just another tip of the iceberg?
Yeah. It's all super basic, just the simplest stuff that you absolutely can't live without, and everything else you look up on google

So when I'm getting serious about mining after having done a big chunk of core(I'm just ready easy news as of now) I will encounter certain additional verb suffixes and so on, on a regular basis?

I don't know about verb suffixes, that mostly falls under basics and the only ones Tae Kim doesn't cover are probably the archaic ones.
You still see forms of classical Japanese around pretty often though, so yes, that kind of stuff does pop up. Like speculatory/volitional む/ん verb ending, ~し rentaikei of classical verb ending き in phrases like 選ばれし勇者, stuff like 許すまじ, old ~き rentaikei of i-adjectives, etc

There's also plenty of grammar in the form of set phrases, or just stuff that confuses beginners like 一人でも多く, which you can google or use DOJG

Another thing that TK obviously can't cover is how to analyze complex sentences, which you will have to learn from experience

TOPIC WA SUJET GA

You don’t deserve to say that because you are so rude.
His Japanese are wrong.
I just only said that.

proxy?

自分の外国語をヘタクソと言われるのを怖がるような者は最初から海外掲示板で偉そうな教師顔をしなければいい。

おめでとう

btw, is this Japanese language?
これ日本語?

This is Japanese. sukida?

間違いの絶対ない完璧な日本語をこれから是非お願いします。

アメリカ国旗の人

there are many hiragana and kanji in that post.
but I can't understand it.

gomen, gomen

ie ie kochirakoso

aligatho gosaimazu

He() will say perfect Japanese from now on.

日本人だろ
日本語学習スレで暴れるならせめて日本語でやれよ

korea is good
stop discriminate

korea is good for food only
continue discriminate
nanking is the worlds second biggest lie behind the holoc*ust

Is there a version of clipboard inserter for Chrome? A type of extension that will allow text from ITH to be put onto chrome so I can add the word to Yomichan is kind of what I'm looking for.

I couldn't find it and the firefox extension wouldn't work after conversion. Better give up and set up firefox for VNs.

bump

I'm planning a trip to Japan from mid july to beginning of august. I can read kana and I'm studying 2k/6k kanji set from neocities. What should I work on to be able to interact with people?

tae kim guide

>found the answer to a question I asked a while ago while reading
Woah, so this is the power of compelling content.

I WILL MARRY THE TAKEPAN AND HAVE A DOZEN CROOKED-TEETHED BABIES!
youtube.com/watch?v=nYJJw60DxEM

Currently using the optimized 2k/6k deck, was wondering where I could go to get longer sentences. I still get BFkd by actual source material, but the short sentences in the deck are lulling me into false security...

Here are some websites I use for that, peruse at will:
ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/content/口
mzisland.com/club/jis2/jis2_004.html
yourei.jp/侑食
furigana.info/w/勲
kanjipedia.jp/kanji/0003539700
websaru.info/食い気.html

てすと