Please let this be a normal field trip

Please let this be a normal field trip

WITH THE FRIZZ

NO WAY
Checked

CRUSHIN DOWN ON MAIN STREET

Good morning, class.

I am sorry to say that Mrs. Frizzle will no longer be your teacher. Numerous reports of reckless and dangerous behavior on her part have left the school administration no choice but to replace her.

You are all far behind on standardized testing, since the majority of Mrs. Frizzle's curriculum seems to have been taking you off of school property on unauthorized field trips. To be honest, I am surprised that any of you can read at all.

Open your textbooks to page 120 and follow my instructions.

I knew I should have stayed home today

Allah ackbar...allah ACKBAR....ALLAH ACKBAR

Where's Carlos when you need him?
i like his puns

YOUR RELAXING AND FEELING GOOD

>tfw the episode where they all get turned into reptiles and the one where they were turned into city animals always made me feel weird as a kid
>always wondered what would have happened if they got stuck that forever
>have a tf fetish now
God damn fetish driven 90's animation

>>have a tf fetish now
Could had been worse.

SURFIN' ON A SOUND WAVE
SWINGIN' THROUGH THE STARS
TAKE A LEFT AT YOUR INTESTINE
TAKE YOUR SECOND RIGHT AT MARS!

Did...
Did that salmon ejaculate all over them?

Yes, don't know how they got away with it

When it originally aired, it was part of the whole TLC/Discovery Channel package back when they used to show educational programs and documentaries 24/7 instead of the garbage they have been for the last 15 or so years. It was basically paid cable PBS, with more content.

You could learn a lot on TV in the '90s. Hell, I grew up with 3 PBS affiliates along with TLC and Discovery... if something I didn't like was on, I could always switch to another affiliate and there'd be something more interesting to watch.

I miss watching imported Canadian education shows and Paleo World so much.

They were also inside the salmon's eggs at the moment so you can add an Unbirthing tag to that, as well as the Bukkake and Interspecies ones.

That post legitimately made me sad. I always hoped for a teacher like Ms. Frizzle and never got one and now realize that any potential Ms. Frizzles were probably snuffed out before they gave their students any hope or a good education.

>realize that any potential Ms. Frizzles were probably snuffed out before they gave their students any hope or a good education.

One of my close friends is a science teacher for middle to high schoolers. The amount of shit she deals with from the school board, parents, and the students themselves makes me wonder how she can process it without always having a flask of alcohol on her.

>Unable to have

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE SCRIBBLES MEAN

i'd imagine the kids aren't learning as much as the show makes it out to be whenever Frizz takes them on adventures

>I always hoped for a teacher like Ms. Frizzle and never got one

And as a result you can read, write, and do math.

Education isn't fun. It shouldn't be fun. It's not meant to be fun. This is why American education is shit. The world over, teachers from successful education systems have said the same thing - fuck making kids like school. They are there for one explicit purpose, and nothing else.

Sit the fuck down and open your book.

But our american school system is complete shit and part of that is the teachers not being invested enough in their student's education. I wasn't expecting endless field trips, just someone who actually gave a damn and wanted to do things outside the "sit down, shut up, and listen to me tell you what you need to know for a standardized test"

So we can agree that Wanda is the best girl, right?

Mrs. Frizzle didn't get canned. She just mutated
and went to Japan.

>Fat doughy asian bitch
Dorothy Ann and Phoebe are way better waifus

But Mrs.(who is the Mr?) Frizzle was gonna take us to the skin bin to show us how the economy works tomorrow!

Why shouldn't education be fun. It's much easier to learn things when it's presented in an enjoyable way.

10/10, brilliant

It's "Allahu akbar" you faggot

Are you not even aware that Arabic is a highly inflective language

No it isn't. Learning happens when the brain is engaged and focused on the subject at hand.

"Gamification" and "differentiation" are just buzzwords. They're not practical and studies repeatedly show the most effective educational strategies in the world are the ones most often deemed "old fashioned" by American educators.

Why did you want someone like that?

Be honest here. What were your study habits in high school? Were you the type of student who sat staring at the ceiling, waiting for the teacher to give you the answer? It certainly sounds like it.

The teacher is not your babysitter. They are overworked, underpaid, and do not have time to make fractions an adventure. So they tell you to sit down and shut up. And if you have a problem with that, I doubt making your learning an adventure would have helped much anyway.

NO WAY!

I found those teachers in college and got to spend a summer in Swaziland because of it. I got that job because my professor said "You want this? Alright, you've got it, did my own research, and got a few awards for it. I managed to get good grades in high school with minimal effort, but felt more invested in college because I had professors who seemed more invested in me learning and exploring than the drones who I took classes from in high school. Part of that is the way our education system is set up, I learned plenty outside of it and did my own searching, but it would of been nice to have someone who seemed to actually care.

Fuck you, I'm dropping out.