Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

wew.

nevermind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c9XSo1MLc9I
mega.nz/#!0V9WRSyR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're not clever or funny tbf

it was good for an holywood movie

*inhales*
*leans back*
*hales*
Ok.

>hales

It wasn't that bad honestly, Batou was casted well and made up for Johansson ruining everything

Coming for someone who loves the original, I really liked this movie.

If I wasn't familiar with the source material I would have at least given this movie a positive grade for the visuals. However, when comparing the two it's almost shameful because it makes you realize the visuals were used to tell the story in the original, not so in this one.

Fucking terrible. Butchers the source material. CGI shitfest that looking unimpressive.

Batou was the only redeeming factor.

And here i thought Oshii was making snoozefests.
Almost fell asleep watching this one

it was 30% cool

Watch it with English subs and Japanese audio.

It's the only way.

hello brainlet

>so adhd falls asleep at hollywood lightshow with light plot

Why was the chief the only fuckin person to speak nipponese?

kek

>People who never even watched or read any other piece of GiTS media voicing their opinion on the live action rendition of it

And this is why video game/anime live action movies should not be made. Because of faggots like the OP having opinions that carry weight such as various movie reviewers.

It was good for what it was. Same as the Warcraft movie. It was meant to be a treat for fans and accomplished that goal. Batou especially was great.

I'll bet you didnt even watch Stand Alone Complex. Kill yourself.

If blinking lights are what keeps your attention i'm surprised you're even able to type.

is that a reference or something

Much better than the cartoon

visually it was pretty great, but they shouldnt have used scarjo.

Well, both inhaling and exhaling require haling, no?

nah, that's just the percentage of elements I thought were cool interesting or worked in the film

bros i want to fuck her..

You're a retard to the english language

bait.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=c9XSo1MLc9I

I don't know who is worse

Wonder Woman or Ghost in The Shell

How does a weeb like you even go to the store without getting hit by a car or punched in the mouth?

me2

what third world country do you live in?

Kitano doesn't speak English even though he understands the language as protest against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Wonder Woman is worse because people actually saw that film and remember it.

>It was good for what it was.
Eh. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but holy shit there is some terrible film making at play.
The fight scene in the water, for example, uses the exact same CGI backdrop as the scene where she's diving. The EXACT same.
Even little things like the blocking in scenes is somehow worse than day-time television.
Any time there was actually a set, the movie gets visually interesting, but then a second later you're back into flat and awful CG settings.
One of the things that really bothered me is the scene where Batou has his new eyes, and he's sitting in on a conversation, and it looks like no one bothered to check and see if the appliance for his eyes was applied correctly. They're reflecting light and its super fucking obvious they were either falling off, or applied wrong, or whatever, but they're noticeably wonky.

I really hope this is real

Can we discuss the poster? Is ScarJo dropping a stealth fart?

Kitano doesn't like american imperialism in all its forms. Militarily and and culturally.

t. Toastie roastie

Well try starting a war you can win next time Tojo.

more like toast in the shell

To be fair a harness isn't very flattering to anyone.

Everybody knows Pearl Harbor was deliberately sacrificed by the US to justify a "retaliation", just like the Twin Towers.

This movie lost money right. Pls.

It did get me to rewatch the 1995 version, which has aged like a fine wine.

Perfect in nearly every way.

It's pure kino. Cartoons are for children and fags btw

Global BO of 169 million v. reported budget of 100 million. Take half the BO, add marketing to the debit line, and yeah, it bombed.

Cyborg body can look like anything and yet she apparently chose to look like a pudgy past her prime mess.

There's a discussion to be had about who knew what, when, and why; and the chain of events leading up to pearl harbor - BUT - the japanese did pull it off in response to the US economic sanctions put on the grorious empire because they were busy being fags in the pacific. They should have taken the fucking hint and consolidated what they had conquered. It's not like the US could have done anything without provocation, it's not like there was anyone else in the pacific that was going to give them trouble. Nips should have listened to Yamamoto. Just ration your oil until you can open negotiations or secure a new source. Fucking hindsight.

It was pretty good but I haven't watched the anime yet so...
what's the anime watch order again?

He's mistaking shit that faggot turbo aurist kojima does with based beat

They didn't know how nasty and vicious the americans were.

The movie is a loose adaption of the manga
Innocence is a sequel to that movie, steer clear if you're not into philosophical stuff.
The show is yet another adaptation of the manga, unrelated to the movie.
You can watch the movie then watch both season 1&2 of the show.
The show is more in line to the manga. As the animated movie left out humor, like banter between characters, put events out of order and switched things up. For example the tank in the manga isn't around the end.

Also the manga adds some new stuff not included in the manga. If you wish to read the gookbooks just lmk. I can provide a link, uncensored and in english.

>Also the manga adds some new stuff not included in the manga
>good books

go away autist

mega.nz/#!0V9WRSyR
That's the dl link for the books, here is the key
-> !pkc-S4tcB1EaR-K_YJYe7N0BHfbF9gkXENFOuPK2tts

Sorry wasnt paying attention to what i was writing.
Also GOOK books

>hardcore weaboo thinks using racial slurs makes him less weaboo

s u m m e r

Scarjo is ugly and cannot act

>implying Im trying to not look like a nerd

>be an anti-government revolutionary
>get rekt
>made into robocop 2.0, memory wipe
>regain your memory
>my actions tell me who I am, I am free!
>goes back being a cop, working for the very system she fought, zero character progression

yeah, it's a shit movie

Thanks buddy

I wish the movie touched more interesting aspects of the original material.
That idea from the 1995 OVA, that robot that asked for political asylum was kinda interesting, worth developing imo

>>hales
onscreen!

they failed to capture the cinematography that made the 1995 version an instant master piece. it's a cheap knock off designed to grab at the money of nerds and they picked scar jo because she has recognizable tits. the movie wouldn't have made anything if they picked an asian. on top of that, her performance was literally shit. Not sure if it was because of bad writing or if it was just her.

I'd say both, but mostly the bad writing.

"Robot" characters like the Major or I dunno, like the Terminator, rely heavily on good writing, because they are very limited on the emotions they are allowed to express.

Sometimes I wonder how an asian remake of a Hollywood classic would turn out

>Not sure if it was because of bad writing or if it was just her.
I blame the literal who of a director.
Compare that punchbowl turd you've probably never heard of to Oshii, one of the few directors of anime that elevates the medium and uses it to do things you just couldn't put on film otherwise.
Almost exactly like blade runner, I couldn't muster a dusty fuck about whats happening in the story or the characters if it wasn't because of the magnificent presentation and film making that holds it all together. That other stuff is just frosting.