Is windows XP still popular in third world countries?

Is windows XP still popular in third world countries?

no, piracy is still popular in third world countries

I think even the computers at schools have moved on

i still use windows 7, no to pass at 10

I doubt it... It's really hard to get it since Microsoft decided to kill it

I don't know... we'll have to wait for a Polish guy to show up and give us the answer

It lives in some industries and in some machinery.
At that dark age of MS dominance software was sometimes made for that OS specifically and now it's cheaper to keep it than to replace.

At my school we used linux

I use windows 10, I even use the beta newer version of W10 since I'm a beta tester. Thoughts ?

windows 8 sucks

Pirating Windows 10 is so damn easy
How ever I still have old computers with legacy software, even a MS Dos computer somewhere but mostly as a collection
Same, in my school they use Fedora 25

>At that dark age of MS dominance

am i missing something here, how is this not the case anymore?

Well, Windows on a server is now a literal cold blood nightmare. Anything embedded, electronic devices or any machinery now runs either Unix derivative or something custom.
Microsoft now only dominates workstations, but even there it now has a decent competition from MacOS and Linux.

I used it until it was simply unusable in 2012

Who /Internet Explorer 6/?

>It lives in some industries and in some machinery
There are some industrial computers here that still run Windows 95

Nope, people either have MacBooks or laptops with Windows 10.

our school had dualboot ubuntu - win xp and moved to just ubuntu now that xp is impossible to use

Every new computer comes with an installing of windows 10 (or in rare cases, with windows 8)

No joke, the other day I was outside, trying to find a place to print some documents, and I arrived to this place called Office Depot.
I gave them my flash drive, and they said their PC couldn't read it. Then I glance at the screen and I see them using Windows FUCKING XP in >2017
And of course, the flash drive couldn't be read because it was formatted in exFat instead of fat32

I just can't fathom how a fucking PC can go that long without being updated.

N E T S C A P E
E
T
S
C
A
P
E

my company has a couple of pc-s specifically dedicated to running winXP since there's software that refuses to run on newer versions
also i've seen some terminals and infotainment screens crash with blue screen of death and XP logo

ATM machines used it. They probably still do

M-O-S-A-I-C

why is it a dark age?

Well, that's a thought, although mostly unrelated to his post.

T E L E X
E
L
E
X

>spain
>third world

>ATM machines
automated teller machine machines

You are not 3rd world

>third world
>having computers
?

Still used in some business to avoid paying for licenses. I have an uncle who's PC has 512 MB of RAM and can't run Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 properly. It could be solved with a little RAM upgrade but he doesn't want to pay, he only uses Office 2010.

The fact is that you can get really cheap PC's nowadays, but many people just don't see the point of upgrading to do the same thing they do with their current PC or OS, and sometimes in computers that are offline all the time.

It might as well be

This The only time I ever see it is in legacy equipment that has niche uses.

windows xp on school PCs and playing stronghold crusader LAN games during lessons with classmates are my best high school memories