Is this supposed to be a comedy? I didn't laugh once

Is this supposed to be a comedy? I didn't laugh once

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xsfpo0ISdns\
youtube.com/watch?v=XaPzN2gD3PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone seems to love it. I think its utter shite.

What do you find funny, then?

Legit curious

Shit taste and no sense of humour. Remove yourselves from this world.

literally the best comedy of the last 20 years. Kill yourself please my man

fpbp

it had obviously humorous elements regardless if they struck a chord or not, pretty much everything to do with colin farrell being in bruges and that one skinhead guy getting constantly cucked off the top of my head

*inhale*
*leans back*
*hale*
Ok.

Just watch four lions instead
its actually a film and not some episode of family guy stretched over 90 minutes

Well I liked it

well thats because youre retarded

I bet you find that talking pickle cartoon funny?

>"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!"

I attemptet to watch his after it had been recommended all over the internet. The entire 30 minutes I managed to watch this, all I could think about was if I might have gotten the name wrong cause this must obviously be some cheap british tv show.

It just means you're unintelligent.

You're a fucking pleb if you didn't laugh at the end.

Name one funny thing about In Bruges that wasn't a dick, fart or midget joke. You can't. It was just a live action Family Guy style version of a Tarantino movie. It sucked.

Did the fat american scene hit too close to home OP?

>hale

this is the only scene i've seen and it's honestly hilarious

>anime

it trades off being very quotable

it had fat jokes and cuck jokes too

They already did

Its been awile since ive sen the film. I don't remember dick/fart jokes. What makes it like family guy/tarantino?

>video games

That's what passes for humor now? The comedy genre is dead.

>tfw a fucking midget snubs you

little bastard got what he deserved

youtube.com/watch?v=Xsfpo0ISdns\

YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FACKING OBJECT.

t. ameritard

Threatening a man with a gun who is trying to shoot himself in the head.

user is bored so he's shitting on an universally loved movie to see what turns up

Enjoy you big momma's and transformers movies you intellectual waif.

it felt too unrealistic, who is going to shoot themselves in the head in broad daylight?

Funny how americans expect if a film has a "comedy" tag it has to be made in a certain kind of way.
In Bruges isn't the typical "setup - punchline - que laughtrack" comedy, it's focus is in situational dark comedy.
Gleeson almost shooting Farrell while he's committing suicide, the final shootout banter and planning who goes first and where, that final cafe talk where Gleeson explains to the bald guy how much of a cunt he is etc. And mind you the point of this film isn't just to entertain the viewer with humour, it's also a crime and drama film.

I would even compare it to Manchester by the Sea, which also features a lot of genuinely funny situational humour inbetween all the drama. But that film doesn't have the "comedy" tag on IMDb so you fuckers won't even mention anything about it.

Exactly. Totally ruined my immersion.

yea why would a suicidal person do something crazy and irrational like that

Why is Colin Farrell holding an ice cream in the poster when he never eats one in the movie?

colin farrel had no characterization up to that point so there was no real impact. "oh look colin farrell has a gun pointing at his head and fat irish actor man is pointing a gun at colin farrells head" thats all I took from that.

it's pretty typical "comedy" from what I've come to expect from yuropoors on Sup Forums, which is, "haha americans are fat and dumb"
as far as the crime drama stuff goes, it was boring as shit and america does that genre a hundred times better as well too.
the only good thing was the bruges setting since it isn't a typical film location, so props for that I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaPzN2gD3PQ

that's because you have the mind of a special needs child

>Plebs think this wasn't good
>Fat Americans clearly were offended by that scene and so they hate the movie

It's a good movie, don't be stupid now.

>A bottle? No don't bother

the only funny part was when they meet the americans, but overall the movie was 7.0213/10, i will watch it again in a couple of months very enjoyable

THAT'S FOR JOHN LENNON YE YANKEE FUCKIN CUNT

>it's pretty typical "comedy" from what I've come to expect from yuropoors on Sup Forums, which is, "haha americans are fat and dumb"
Really? That one single joke about the fat guy is the entire humor in the film? I really don't understand your point, it's literally a single joke.

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane?

>yfw americans are actually that easily triggered

>Really? That one single joke about the fat guy is the entire humor in the film?
well yeah there's the big fat retarded american couple and the comically racist midget. and the weird scene in the diner where the couple is saving face by saying their canadian or something? idk this movie was pretty infantile.

i feel like it was funny in the same way "voices" with ryan reynolds was funny, not necessarily chock full of immediate jokes and gratifying humor but more the natural hilarity that came from a line-up of neurotic, eccentric characters, their connections to eachother, and finally the macabre blend of hilarity and tragedy in ray's character and backstory, sounds fedora but generally i just mean it's in the groove of darker, more subtle english humor than the instant gratification of american comedy, though it has plenty of both

but that's literally one or two jokes, and the other one is about canadians

how fucking butthurt can one be

this, i cry with laughter everytime he apologizes

desu its more about the characters. Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in it

the movie spends like 40 minutes with the midget. how are you gleening that I'm butthurt? I'm not fat and I already know yuros have a comical view of america. if I wanted to see good country banter I'd just go to Sup Forums.
the stupid humor aside I just didn't find the movie entertaining.

There aren't any fart or dick jokes in it though

What does Sup Forums think of this one? I think it's underrated

>still can't handle the banter

Not a lot these days.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (probably my favorite animation up until series 4)
Pineapple Express was surprisingly good.
Frasier

Look at the thread though loads of people don't like it.

Agree, I love British comedy but this was just very dry.

Final act is shit, the rest is really great

fedorian hogwash

I like about 80% of the films on this list

i generally dislike meta shit and despise anything having to do with "writer's block" but i liked this, it was very well crafted

in bruges much better tho

Thought it was okay the first time I saw it. Loved it the second time when I recognized it for what it was trying to do

>ye can't give horse tranquilizers to a midget!
only line I remember, but it was a good watch

These movies have nothing to do with each other.

I think he's trying to suggest something about the duality of man.

>still posting this b8 chart after 4 years
Kys hipster faggot

I think the point of the chart is that those movies all appeal to a certain type of crowd who may overrate them to a degree.

(OP)
It's an all right movie, but it's massively overhyped by 13 year old redditors

I can attest to this. A bunch of the dudes I go drinking with will bring up films on this list.

>"Have you seen ________? No? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S SO FUCKIN GOOD MAN WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?"

In that sense it's brocore/fedoracore

Which was what, to you?

>...So, you know, your Vietcong psycho story becomes the final thoughts of a man who chose not the darkness, but the light.
>The light being, you know, suicide by self-immolation.
>But I think that's the best we're gonna get...
>I know you said dream sequences are for fags, but I think it could work, don't you?
>We all gotta dream, don't we?
>Not just fags.
>Oh, by the way, I don't think they like being called "fags" anymore.
>I think nowadays they prefer "homos."
One of my favorite endings ever. It manages to be really meta without ever getting its head stuck up its own ass about it. I'm also a fan of anything where Tom Waits rolls out of a dumpster on set and they give him a part. Walken and Rockwell are great like always, and fuck you I like Farrell.