JSA Storytime: Batman and the Outsiders

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Christmas issue!

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/dc-marvel-santa-claus-comics-ask-chris-174/
twitter.com/DCComics/status/773679792856129536
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hello Storyteller.

Does Santa exist in the DCU? Surely several characters must've met him by now.

Hi OP.

Today proves that the best comics day of the month is whenever Flintstones is out.

isn't it just?

there is a comics God Dog out there looking out for us, and I suspect her name is "Marie Javins"

comicsalliance.com/dc-marvel-santa-claus-comics-ask-chris-174/

Cyborg was surprisingly good

The arc has an interesting premise so I'm on board desu

Some user is storytiming Nexus day-by-day and I guess a lot of you guys have read Nexus, but if you haven't you def want to read Nexus:

oh god oh god oh god

I need to check it out some time but Prez didn't impress me much and the "IT'S THE BESTEST EVER" posts make me think this won't be much better.

ugh, this ship

CRISIS AVERTED

whew!

Ah it is GOOD user. I mean I liked Prez but at the same time for me Flintstones >>> Prez. There's this goddamn black spite to the humor that is my jam.

>"I don't love you."
>"You don't?!"

IVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO SEE A CHARACTER GET FRIENDZONED!

Thank Grodd

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Mutual friendzone is the best of all possible worlds, here.

What else does she edit apart from Deathstroke?

Eh, we'll see. Pres had the constant "THIS SI THE BESTEST EVUR" posts too but I'm hoping it's all one the same guy.

Halo's super-family thing is really charming even being slightly dated. She has a super-mom and a super-dad and a super-big-brother and it's great.

I probably couldn't say anything about the quality of Nyx now, which was one of the first American comics that I read when I was pretty young. But it reminds me of the finding a family vibe in that. I always want to see these characters grow and pass it on and take that supporting, familial happiness to other characters themselves.

Javins is now head of the H-B line and brought us both Prez and ASS8 and now SP/DW. She does Special Projects and now, apparently, it's more of a system at DC wherein people can request their editor.

Honestly I haven't read much that came out today. Supergirl was ok I guess, liked how the thread derailed into Brainy discussion for a bit.

He did, then Lobo killed him

Second best is that bit in Seinfeld where Jerry breaks up with a woman when they both say, with a smile, "I hate you!"

What impresses me about the Flintstones is how precise and on-point everything is. Even the throw-away jokes are pretty cutting, and it casts a wide net.

It was such a bad ship. I don't know what they were thinking.

I wonder if the letters columns had people bitching about it too.

We don't need Krypton, man. Just do some Braniac family comics.

Flintstones was the only thing I read today

apparently every other book on my pull list comes out next week though

I appreciate the density of the visual gags

I winced at "Home of the Fighting Tree People" because that's 100% dead-fucking-on.

>I only made out with you because you reminded me of my sister
Whatever, I'll take it. At least this ship is over now.

Spectre Hal got to hang out with Santa a little!

In 2016 this would probably be "I don't love you, but I'm still down to fuck"

Though the 80s Captain Atom run we read did just that so I'm probably talking bullshit.

>Javins is now head of the H-B line
Is this a recent thing? because I remember Russell saying Didio called him up for Flinstones. Anyway, she and Khouri fucked up with Clock king beign two different people between Deatshtroke and Green Arrow.

no Brion is pure

I'm tempted to look for oldscans to get letters

You know? I'm not too miserable at the idea of Geo-Force killing a straight-up sexual abuser dean.

That one got me, as did the reason for Fred's catchphrase

Surely, out of all villains, that kind of still works for Clock King?

Deathstroke Clock King was dying anyway, maybe he recruited a legacy

That was a weird issue. He fucking saved Christmas from Scrooge.

I got a nice chuckle out of that Kite Man page.

yeah, she got promoted at the same time Jamie Rich got Vertigo promoted

Also now you realize what Fred's doing with the yabba in the first issue, when he gets the invite to Slate's party

There are two Clock Kings anyway, the Batman one and the Green Arrow one. It's a long messy story.

No man.

Nah, totally different from one another. The one in GA seems to be the same that was in Lemire GA too.

It's a really well composed page!

>That was a weird issue
every issue of Spectre Hal's run could probably count as a weird issue, to be honest. I love that book so much

>Also now you realize what Fred's doing with the yabba in the first issue, when he gets the invite to Slate's party
fuuuck, I have to go back and re-read those two now

HELL YEAH

Halo appreciates DAT ASS

KITE MAN!

Is the age gap still wrong if it's Clark?

It's never wrong to appreciate Clark.

oh my gosh, Mom Katana really IS the best thing ever, isn't it. How often do we get this sort of relationship in comics???

Superbutt is for all to enjoy the sight of, user.

MOMFU
O
M
F
U

So what else was good today

I ran a ton of errands and then fell asleep this afternoon

I enjoyed ANAD Avengers, Nadia is on the path to mad science like her father.

>It's never wrong to appreciate Clark.
That reminds me.

Only Paper Girls for me today. It was alright, I hope the story goes somewhere at some point though, lots of setup but not enough payoff yet.

also trying to not go outside because it's a fucking mosquito party

I don't think Zika is here yet, but...

:(

Sheriff of Babylon, Batman, Green Arrow, Nightwing

I liked Nightwing, the first kind of fun issue for me of the run.

That visible eye through the hair is triggering my autism.

I love sassy Supes

I tend to find BKV a frustrating plotter in that area

Nightwing was good though Raptor is carrying most of it.

KITE MAN HELL YEAH

And I liked Aquaman

And Cyborg was actually pretty good. We saw some more obscure characters in a short cameo of what's to come presumably.
some being Red Tornado, what seems to be Engineer, Cyborg Superman, the brain, Amazo

me too

Yeah, I know what you mean. IMO his strongest work is still Pride of Baghdad precisely because it's a shorter, self-contained story.

Middy/Apollo variant: twitter.com/DCComics/status/773679792856129536

Yeah I had to stop reading BKV because of that. He has interesting ideas but it feels like he doesn't do much with them, if that makes sense.

I want Cyborg to be good because if they're going to try to Make It Happen, I want it to be worth reading.

>Middy/Apollo variant: twitter.com/DCComics/status/773679792856129536
Cute!

I admit I am a little bummed that DC doesn't do the themed variants anymore, I wanted some Halloween variants

Some of the October ones I've seen were kinda Halloweeny but eh

Same here, but only sparingly and when done right. Austen here doesn't get it.

When will Apollo get his gorgeous long locks back? ;_;

>Porter
Ew.

Weird attempt at anime style, or THE FUTUUUUUURE!!!? You decide!

Into the trash you go.

Reminder that Hi-Fi posts on Sup Forums sometimes.

Superman calling people 'son' is 100% (appropriation) daddy kink, isn't it

The rebirth variants seem to be for one year only so maybe we'll get themed variants again later

It can be!

I would appropriate daddy Clark all night

Seriously? I mean, if you like one of the mediocre of 90's leftovers this side of Bagley, that's your own prerrogative, but Jesus man, don't even attempt to school me on good art.

Weak bait, son.

Unlike daddy kink, it's actually kinda hot.

Prez and Flintstones keep getting praise because they make the readership feel smarter than they actually are. It's all surface level "social commentary".

KITE MAN!

lol, that's great

I think we all would

this is so cute, "If he lives that long", "Great workout!"

HAPPY ENDING

who the fuck are these people and those names are amazing

How is it bait? It's my honest opinion. Please enlighten me. What makes Porter a good artist in your eyes, I'd love to hear it because I honestly don't see it.

Man, heroes got off easy for attempted murder back in the day.

Hey OP.
KITE MAN. HELL YEAH.

Tobias Whale was apparently Black Lightning's first villain back in 1977.

I'm getting an Egg-Fu vibe off of him

When will egg fu hatch

That's really all I want from this new WW run. Hatch my eggfu Rucka

To be fair, son of a bitch had it coming.

How come the "daddy kink" is okay, but "mommy kink" instantly labels you as a creep? I really don't understand double standards most times.

Thank you, Torpedo Gods, for sinking this ship.

Is this /d/?

>Hatch my eggfu Rucka
That sounds dirty, user.

I think Whale was in the Black and Blue arc.

yes

I don't know. There aren't many characters I'd even think about mommykink with, except I guess some Wonder Womans?

This does say sad things about the number of female characters who get to be older and wiser and badass and "would dom you for your own good", that's true.