TRANSFORMERS GENERAL

HA-HA- TIME FOR STARSCREAM.

Seriously, how is he not dead. I thought it was mentioned he was killed off by the predacons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xpbmlGFoRLo
youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In that terrible Combiner wars show Starscream just became a Combiner God.

Screamer pandering knows no bounds.

>Lithe to buff
I'm ok with this.

what the hell damn guy is this
why is the background live action and the cg looks like beast wars

>Not using question marks

youtu.be/xpbmlGFoRLo

Why does TF have a general? As I recall there are like tons of TF shows, comics, etc. Do people hate you like they do bronies so you have to be contained?

Transformers culture doesn't mesh well with other ones. Like post Transformers in a thread on robots be it Sup Forums, /m/, /aco/, or what have you and everyone else gets pissed.

General as in any part of the franchised is allowed. TFG has been around for years. It's just useful regardless how many pissants fights each other over which part of the franchised is better.

It has a general exactly because there's so many different shows/comics/games,etc. Regarding the same characters.
>Transformers culture doesn't mesh well with other ones.
Why is that?

Every one else is a fucking casual.

New fans gotta start somewhere.

General thread containment isn't always based on misbehavior or malice, it's just an easy way to discuss a franchise.

>I thought it was mentioned he was killed off by the predacons.
That's a common fan theory, but nowhere official has it ever been said he died. All we know for certain is:
- He was cowering behind the throne when the Predacons found him.
- He lost one of his arms in the alternate comicverse.

No, all we know is that the Preds were gonna fuck him up.

Killing him was never confirmed.

Being killed doesn't mean he couldn't have simply resurrected.
Especially since Starscreams tend to have superpowers after death.

>this is official art
How much does this trigger you?

Why would it?

>Being triggered by cartoons

Whats triggering about it?

It's Windblade rather than Arcee.

Okay.

Oh no. What ever will we do.

Easy.
Stop shoving Windblade into every cover.

Does this mean we could see Megatron and Shockwave?

Shut up Starscream.

That'd be nice.

But at least Windblade is a better character than Arcee ever was.

She's a brand celebration character. Why not put her on covers?

Boco you posted in a freaking Transformers thread with Starscream in the OP
You're on his turf, it's time for you to shut up

I think I caught one of these on 'Pokemon Go' the other day. This was the exact screenshot on my phone. Only Pokemon that screamed like a bitch when caught.

>But at least Windblade is a better character than Arcee ever was.
Windblade is a terrible character, there's a reason why her series couldn't last for more than two volumes and relies on Starscream to carry her on as a character. Arcee on the other hand is actually interesting and is pretty independent as a character.

It's fine to put her on covers.
Just not on those that have absolutely nothing to do with her.

The cover itself has nothing to do with the comic, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Hell, they're even their own alternate universes!

Its a clear homage to the G1 movie.
You have Hot Rod, Kup, Springer, Blurr, Wheelie and then there's just Windblade.

Who is better than (non-IDW) Arcee. So good.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Still not seeing the problem. It's a store-exclusive variant comic cover. It doesn't matter.

Transformers?

More like TRANSformers!

youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs

Seriously though, all this gay robot crap is getting kind of tiresome.

Not to me. I genuinely want MORE gay robots. Some naturally trans transformers in this continuity would be nice as well.

That was hilarious.
Though, I honsetly could not care less about there being gay transformers. IDW has done things in a way that isn't preachy in the slightest so I'm fine with it.

What is IDW Arcee?

>Another Optimus with power armor stuff

Gee, Hasbro, unique and creative lately? Or are kids really buying all those Optimus'? Because I feel like everytime I go into the toy isle at Target or Wally world I see the same big jumbo size or whatever the fuck they call leader class now size RID Optimus on the bottom shelf. DESU, the TFs section of the isle in general seem to be clogged up 24/7. Usually a collector will pick up a particular character they like, or a kid will get a cheap Bumblebee or scout or deluxe class, but are kids really buying these bigger Optimus' in bulk? Why the fuck does Hasbro keep doing the same shit? It seems like they've been pumping out the same flying Optimus with power armor since DOTM. Like if it worked once it must work 100 more times, rather than come up with something new.
Why does Marvel have a general? Or Star Wars/. Or literally any major franchise? Like, what? lol.

There was nothing natural about what happened to Arcee.

A character that was turned trans through the ministrations of an evil scientist.

lol obvious plot twist is obvious but this episode is still the best thus far

What episode of what are you talking about? OP's image is from a commerical

Alright, here's the gender talk about Transformers:

1) Transformers writers, between the cartoon and the original Marvel comic series, constantly forgot that Transformers don't have biological functions and would suddenly need to breath, consume food, and reference their heartbeat. Transformers would sometimes be completely unaware of how beings have relationships, other times would flirt or make innuendos. So writers gave up, and made it that Transformers are "Technoorganic" beings AKA robots with organic-like functions. Transformers "reproduce" via a "protoform" which is a constructed generic template which develops a personality later.
2) Fans started to chitter about female Transformers, writers thought it was a joke and in a Marvel comic a group of feminists attack the Autobots because there's no girl Transformers, so Optimus surgically turns one of their own into a "female" and the feminists attack a second time because they're pissed Arcee was pink in pic related. Then Decepticons attack, and Arcee defeats thirty of them by herself. Comics affirm that Transformers are genderless, but Arcee continues to be in the comics and the Autobots gain a supercomputer female named Aunty. From that point on, they're referred to with gender pronouns. I...really wish I was making all that up.
2) Transformers movie expanded the lore, a lot, using some of the Marvel comic weirdness. Gods, tiers of creation, and other races like the Transformers. There's now plenty of "female" Transformers, although why is not said. They do flirt and show attraction however. Transformers still reproduce via "protoform" although instead they are much weaker.
3) Post movie, Transformers now reference childhoods, and one even has what seems to be metal hair. Transformers become more and more organic. They're mentioned as eating Energon as well.

4) Beast Wars. Transformers can now be really organic in alt modes, and actually take on the instincts of their secondary forms. They also have familial units, including "aunts". They also feel love and get into romantic relationships, which occurs twice. In the Japanese version there's even a gay relationship and transexuality (because Japan decided to make Airrazor a young male rather than a "woman" because Japan minimizes females in male-oriented cartoons, then got trapped in the romance plot early on then to fix it suddenly went "oh, um, he was always a girl" after a gay shota kiss they couldn't avoid).
5) Japanese comics. Lots of additional females, lots of Transformers having "scientifically explainable" magic powers as well as organic functions. At one point, a baby Transformer is shown rather than a protoform.
6) More western comics. Transformers is a multiverse, there's a fuckton of Cybertrons all connected to a single hub world where characters from all the shows mingle, sometimes in different roles (like that hub world having an Airrazor that's a shitty cop who turns into a jet rather than a dutybound warrior that turns into a hawk). Many of them display organic functions, and they consume food and drink.
7) Transformers Bay movies. All logic goes out the window. Transformers fart, can turn into humans, any machine can be a Transformer if it gets a soul but by default all are evil at birth, have testicles, urinate, and so on.
8) Transformers cartoons with accompanying comics after that tend to make them robots that are just arbitrarily male or female, but protoforms resemble fetuses and a specific Transformer, Sari Sumdac, turns into a human, is mostly biological, and has no robot mode; only the ability to manifest robotic parts.

I havent seen this show, i dropped it before it came out when i thought thatd be a direct sequel to transformers prime and it wasnt. Are they being connected more now? Also, is it any good?

9) IDW Transformers comics. Blends many, MANY of the existing background materials into a single universe. Transformers are technoorganic beings, some more biological than others. Biological alt modes exist, and generally Transformers act very much like organics as they drink, dance, feel real emotions, feel pain and other tactile sensations, create music, celebrate holidays including their apparent "birthdays", reference childhoods, and generally act like mechanical people. Transformers have DNA, and nanites are the default explanation for any biological function.

Are there female Transformers? Yes. Can they switch genders? Yes. Do they feel attraction and form relationships? Yes. Are some unable to understand romance, and are literally robotic? Yes. Do some Transformers (organic function)? Yes.

Do Transformers have sex? ...maybe?

Some recognize gender, some are confused by it. Some have religious beliefs, others don't understand religion or belief. Transformers basically have ethnic groups now beyond just "good guys" and "bad guys" or "transforms into dinosaurs" and "transforms into planes", which is where they fall on the scale of robot VS metallic transforming giant person.

While this is confusing sometimes, it gives a lot of good room for more complex plots than "bad guys doing something, good guys stop it" or "they all encounter a new thing". IDW writers have handled it well.

Plus, its neat to see them hanging out at a bar.

>Bayformers

>Why does Marvel have a general? Or Star Wars/. Or literally any major franchise? Like, what? lol.

They don't. There are probably like 20 Marvel threads up right now, there is not a general...a movie might have a general, that's about it

TF is a brand that encompasses a lot of different things the same way something like Marvel does, it doesn't need a general because not all TF fans are the same fans or like the same things

So apparently I can't watch the whole thing on YouTube. What is this about Starscream becoming a combiner or something? Also I just skimmed the first two episodes. Stars cream seems like the most levelheaded and thoughtful out of all of them. He's gotta be narrating the whole thing or its propaganda, right?

If you're in the states, you have to use verizon's dumb go90 app

Nobody asked for you to post this.

>Starscream
>Ever dying ever

I have really mixed feelings about it.

Called the twist right from the start but now I'm pissed that they're going to use this from having to justify Prime's stupid stupid decision-making up till now.

>they're going to use this from having to justify
they're going to use this to avoid having to justify

He's died in most of the movies and Animated.

Supposedly. Soundwave briefly returned from the groundbridge mishap, only to get sent back at the end of the same episode. For the most part, the show is just about fighting furrycons.

>i thought thatd be a direct sequel to transformers prime and it wasnt.
But... it is?

I think we can trust Starscream.

I feel like I missed out on a lot of TF lately
last time Megatron got shot by tarn
I don't even know if they're still hiding out on that necrobot planet

Yeah.

So?

Oh you missed a shitfest. Brace yourself for the worst finale ever. ExRiD ended their arc in a blaze of glory though.

>Brace yourself
I am braced and secured-
you can drop it now
please?

okay, they left teh rescue Bots back on earth for diplomatic missions
but do the rescue bots now that Cybertron is back up and running again?

Revolution #1 is delayed to September 21, while there's a chance that all TF ongoings for this month would release on September 28.

Please rephrase that.

The Rescue Bots never made it back to Cybertron and are stuck on earth because team Prime never cared about telling them that Cybertron was back up again

Came back as a ghost after the original movie and would have come back had animated continued.

I would toss this as a joke but seeing how surprised the RB team was at Bee's new voice and new team... that's sad.

>new epsiode comes out
>Bee comes back
>they joke somewhere at the beginning and Bee lets it drop that Cybertron is back up
>uncomfortable silence
>'Oh nobody ever told you guys- uh'
>different levels of anger and disappointment through the whole episode
>somewhere at the end:
>'Prime had his best intentions and only wanted the best for everyone you might have wanted to go back-'
>'No, we would have stayed- but you- someone could have told us- we're just- disappointed'
>'You could've gone home- I am so sorry'
>'We're already home'
maybe one of them goes back but returns after a week
>Chase why are you back already?
>...it just isn't the same anymore

Have they gone native?

Pretty much.

Please tell me this is some twisted joke.
It hasn't even begun and it's already being delayed?! We were making fun of that happening just last week.

`don't let this die

I want more gay robots you fool.

can't unsee the upside down wings and whatever his shoulders are supposed to be doing.

His shoulders are simply raised, and this Starscream has the wings "upsidedown" by design. I like it, it looks like a cape.

Tarn is Gltich, Megs kills Tarn and the DJD with literally no effort ,the Necrobot and his handy dandy briefcase deus ex machina save Roller and Terminus, Nickel, Overlord, and Deathsaurus fuck off, Ravage dies, Sounswave feels Ravage die from light years away and cries, Megs flips the table that Ravage died on and throws a tantrum, Rung and Nightbeat discover how Cybertron was formed.

All in all, it was the worst thing out of S2 alongside Swearth.

Same desu senpai

>Megs kills Tarn and the DJD with literally no effort
With a season's worth of effort, you mean.

No. He killed them in two pages with some magic antimatter he literally pulled out of his ass.

dont forget how it was quickly hurried over so we dont even feel like it matters

Which had been set up WELL before it happened.

It was still a shitty anticlimatic asspull and you know it.

I don't because it wasn't. I loved it.

>alongside Swearth
*alongside Personality Ticks
Swearth was great and had good holomatter avatars, fuck off.

>magic antimatter he literally pulled out of his ass.

That magical shit has been around since Shockwave tried to play god. His entire time moping in his suite was trying to concentrate on controlling the antimatter.

I come here thinking that MTMTE was going to be released this week. damn.

But we got Terminus now. He's like Megatron's adopted dad or something. Can't wait to see how he plays along.

I loved both the personality ticks and swearth. I want more stuff like that mixed into the... mix.

How come in some continuities the Autobots seem to have a holy great leader kind of structure and the Decepticons are collective of laborers while in others the Autobots are pretty much considering each other comrades and equals while the Decepticons have hierarchy based on who is the strongest and the weaker ones follow?

Different continuities. Different strokes.

Because not everything is the same?

I'm not really sure why you're asking this.

Hasbro has had 30+ years to fix their shit.

Why? Different continuities makes things interesting.

>Tarn is Glitch
no, this can't be
I need a drink