Why is getting on a plane so fucking expensive?

Why is getting on a plane so fucking expensive?
It costs me like 600£+ fucking pounds Per person to go to america for 10 days.
What the fuck, thats like 5 flights for the price of one.
Seriously why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6Oe8T3AvydU
youtube.com/watch?v=6Oe8T3AvydU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have flown a military helicopter but never a plane.

What does a commercial jet feel like?

Never left the country
As far as I know there is no other contries, Hell I have barely left my own city.

It cost me $1100 round trip to go to England. I got a good deal on that ticket though, check out Pricelines name your own price feature.

It cost me 450$ just to fly from Virginia to Georgia. That's why I've never been on a plane

>$1100 Freedum bucks
You got ripped the fuck off lad

I was looking at plane tickets to Germany because i wanted to visit before it was completely destroyed and decided that shithole wasn't worth a 1300 dollar round trip for the ticket only.

>Can fly from comfortable mountains to disneyland to $48
Feels good
They usually suck, they have a lot of hours on them and end up delayed constantly. You also will end up with a minimum of 1 crying baby on the light

It's usually expensive to fly longer distances, and if you're flying to a first world country the airline companies tend to charge more for their services. You're also flying in the middle of summer, so you should expect a price hike as demand rises.

Capitalism. Nobody stops anybody from privateering and racketeering

Nah. At the time, it was one of the cheapest tickets I found. It was a 2 week trip, direct flight from Dallas to London. That ticket was $1600 when I looked up another seat on the same plane through different services.

Flying within Europe is cheap compared to flying in the US or to the US. The distances are just a lot farther.

first class or business is the only way to go, coach/economy/poor person whatever, is like a fucking concentration camp squeezed together and it smells like shit from the sharting.

Planes are a modern expensive privilege. In old days it would take a long time on a ship to reach america. Be thankful fuckface.

Fly from cheaper airports, most of that is an airport fee, and always fly on a tuesday or wednesday, and always buy the tickets 2 weeks ahead at least, you can cut plane ticket costs in half doing this.

Went to Paris for a week last summer. Paid $1400 for the flight to sit next some turban in coach. Just fuck my life up.

Thats because being on one of these isn't boring as fuck compared to being on a plane

>Fly from cheaper airports,
There isnt much variety of airlines to choose from
Pick your poison, they will all make you sick.

>Flying out of DFW
>Flying straight to Heathrow

You done fucked up m8.

Depends on what kind of aircraft you get.

Some of the newer larger craft have an iPad/tablet in every seat and you can rent movies on them for like $3, you can also play tetris/solitaire etc. for free.

Most flights have alcohol for sale.

If you're in business class alcohol is free, although you could never drink your way past the price difference between business and economy classes. Despite being relatively wealthy my family always flies economy class (we are all secular Jews).

Flying is as cheap as it can possibly be. The airlines margins are pretty much razor thin on flights, although your flight would have more reasonably been around $850 given fuel prices right now. It varies very much by what airport you fly out of because of whatever the fuel distributors at that airport have decided to charge.

Pic related is the model of plane my brother owns. It costs him quite a bit more than flying first class to go anywhere in it.

Nope. My parents and brother paid $200 more than I did for a flight from Denver to Heathrow with a 3 hour layover in fucking Toronto. I did my research user, go look up ticket prices through respectable vendors now if you don't believe me.

what is jet fuel, pilots, attendants, and the cost of the plane and it's maintenance along with the huge as fuck airports? also get tickets atleast half a year in advance

No

>these capitalists think anything is cheap or that any of us have any future

>these communists instead of removing (((the 1%))) want to remove the tool through which hierarchisation of wealth is possible, therefore killing incentives for people to work towards prosperity
kill yourself leaf

That's a cruise ship. That's literally built for entertainment. An actual ocean liner back in the day would have no or next to no fun activities unless you were wealthy to begin with.

There is no longer any competition in the aviation industry. The big players don't have price wars either. Tickets are more expensive now than they've ever been

Watch this, he does a really great job at breaking the cost of flying down.

youtu.be/6Oe8T3AvydU

>Why is getting on a plane so fucking expensive?
planes are expensive
plane fuel is expensive
pilots are expensive

Monopoly.

Why would a flight that would normally cost me $150 be around $1000 during thanksgiving and christmas?

Should work for BA OP;
Their membership program basically removes 1/3 of the ticket price..
OR If you want to risk just hoping there is a spare seat, i've flown to the US for as little as £48... Free upgrades as well if there's room, although that is getting rare these days... First and Business is always selling out nowadays.

Bullshit. Tickets are about £300 for economy return trip.

So I guess your autism prevents you from choosing itineraries with connecting flights? That's okay... I would probably choose the same and pay the premium

Because they know that people need to travel to family or whatever and have no choice but to let the airlines fuck them.

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=6Oe8T3AvydU

>tfw going to Germany next month
>tfw scared I'm going to crash on the way there and be bombed/shot when I arrive

Flying halfway across the US cost over $300.

test