Hellblazer #300

What the fuck happened?

Welcome to hell, mate.

Milligan happened. All of his characters turn into cucks.

Rushed ending? I mean, they wanted John be part of New52 and shit

Waay too fucking rushed.
Seriously, fuck the N52 and Neo-Hellblazer.

Milligan can only write Shade.
We called it Heckblazer at the time.

Eh I like Milligan's run.
Mostly because of Piffy, but that ending was all over the place.

Him falling for a younger woman is fine, and I don't hate the character. I hate Milligan going out of his way to shit all over previous runs, and turning John into Shade along the way.

I see your point.
Still, it was better than what we have now.

It came true
You're looking at it.

Some user said that it's meant to be a limbo. That John's an old man stuck in a bar full of old memories, and he's forced to pull those bottles off the shelf and relive every memory night after night. Kind of a meta commentary on him being a comic character if you want.
It's as good an explanation as any I guess.

Interesting.
Better than the "it was all a dream, John just went down the pub, drank and dreamed until he realized his life had passed him by" theory.

Yeah, I'm fine with John being in Hell just so long as he actually did all the shit we read about him doing.

This.

Also, what are you guys favorite Hellblazer writer/artist?

Mine's Delano and dell'Edera.

I haven't honestly read as much Hellblazer as I'd like, but Delano's definitely my favourite writer right now.

It was just as bad, but in different ways.

The ending is just a bit too much of the 'John gets away from karma once again while those around catch the shit that falls off him.' Magic in Vertigo is supposed to have that great big price tag attached and having John die and end up looking at the huge amounts of enemies he has made would somehow be fitting.

It had good moments

Swamp Thing and Abby raped him

No that was around issue 80 somewhere.

I really need to finish reading hellblazer i think im up to about issue #110

he ded yo

I too really liked Epiphany, but the whole final little arc really felt like they were just told "okay wrap it up guys" and they just didn't have anything really suitable for something like ending Hellblazer.

I personally subscribe to the "John is in Limbo/Hell" idea. It strikes me that they've taken away something that made John, John. His magic. He can't do any kind of occult shit any more, he is just what everyone else sees him as, an old drunk bloke that's stuck in the past.

It also allows me to pretend that, at some point, John can get out of where ever he is and come back. The idea that the real John Constantine is just hidden away has made the recent stuff a little more bearable for me. I pretty much just pretend that the new John is just Finn.