Comfy mad men thread

comfy mad men thread

Yeah
thanks for reminding me how insecure i am and how disgustingly handsome Don is
he kinda looks like my uncle. why did i get my genes from dads side. fuck life

kino

i want a bloody mary and a quesadilla now

I missed Kinsley and Sal. They were great. Of all the people to bring back why pick Ken? He was easily the most boring and didn't really do anything interesting until the end.

ken represented someone who was more honest and less ambitious than the rest of them

>ywn have a drink and bant with Based Sterling

I guess but they did very little with him. He came back but never had much of anything worthwhile to do. Ginsberg felt like a more major character than him.

>pete looking directly at the camera

eyes on the prize

>ywn get to have a conversation with Bert about Ayn Rand and libertarianism
>ywn get to roast commies with based Bert

>Talking shit about Punished Ken

It is a shame they didn't bring back Sal, though.

sounds like you got a hot uncle ;)

Roger's the best. Was a little disappointed with his ending though. Felt very underwhelming an a little rushed.

Worst episode / season?

supposedly the actor leaked some of the scripts so wiener fired him

idk if there's a worst season, but season 5, 6 and 7 all felt kind of underwhelming compared to the excellent early seasons

I can't think of a season/episode I outright disliked but season 6 was a little weak in comparison to the others but still solid.

all series endings are terrible. it's like a rule they have now so they can come back and do a reunion if they want

I thought the general ending was fine but a lot of characters got shafted in favor of Don, Peggy, Joan and Pete (to an extent).

There have been some decent finale's. Breaking Bad's one was fine but admittedly I can't think of any others that seemed to go well.

>want to hear something spooky?

i cant find a good link to dl the whole series

It's taken me like three watches, but I think I've finally thought of a criticism of the show and its period accuracy. It still is amazing how they captured the 60s so spot-on, but I want to say they under represented pipe smokers (other than maybe Kinsey once or twice firing up a pipe) and so there it is. My mom claims that less women had their ears pierced back then and you would have seen more clip-on earrings (having not actually lived through the 60s i cant debate her on this one) so there's that too. Anybody else notice any flaws in the production design/costuming/sets etc?

some of the songs are used before they were actually released and the "it's toasted" lucky strike line is from 1917

Hmmmm, good catches user.