Why does Sup Forums pretend this movie is bad? The script is great, it's probably Edgar's best edited and directed film...

Why does Sup Forums pretend this movie is bad? The script is great, it's probably Edgar's best edited and directed film, and the score is amazing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8kf08NTAvJw
>youtube.com/watch?v=1gkETBPx49I
>youtube.com/watch?v=-jMruFHTwrY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ILwoKfeDJO4
youtube.com/watch?v=XoYj-vfUuJU
youtube.com/watch?v=qL_9zWmDcjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's too hipster for their contrarian asses, so they have to hate it.

Stupid indie trash.

It's great. Everything Edgar does is pleb filter so of course TV hates it.

Because Sup Forums hates overly praised films, even if it does deserve it's praise.

>indie

It's literally a Reddit film

It's very "gay". Flashy, flamboyant and far too in love with itself. Edgar Wright has never made a film of substance, but I guess he doesn't have to because he's found success in selling trite like this to 12-15 year old edgelords.

It's too reddit in a very specific direction that it's no longer reddit

straight up waifu garbagio

The source material is abysmal autism fuel for 16 year olds that recognize the Legend of Zelda theme. The movie, despite how well made it is, cannot circumvent this fact. It is objectively immature.

You know exactly what I meant by Indie, it was made for that sub culture that existed like a fucking malaise at that time. It's now bunched into the Reddit category.

lmao Sup Forums thinks scott pilgrim was bad??? thats what you get for asking virgins whether a true romcom is good

Michael Cera is horribly miscast. If he wasn't in it, it would be bearable but the movie itself has aged like milk.

I love this movie. It was reddit when it came out and scott pilgrim style profile pics were as common as anime profile pics are today, but it's okay to like now I guess.
Worst part of the movie is the girl fight desu with the fat lesbian, I always stop watching there.
I'm just an indie faggot who likes garage rock and art-hos though, so what do I know.

it's a hipster movie that makes fun of hipsters, which confuses the simpletons on Sup Forums. It perfectly encapsulates the time period that it was made in.

I hated it because it was too quippy. It should've been more philosophical, like Scott and Ramona could've had a brooding confrontation 1/3 into the two and a half hour movie where they just growl about bleeding and burying eachother and how the human race reacts to gods because of those facts.

*Tips bucket hat*

typical case of a hack having no idea what to do with his big budget

haha wtf is a bucket hat

The movie goes too far in a specific direction that it doesn't really connect with any online community, especially now. This shit looked like it was marketed at the Napoleon Dynamite audience. The liberal indie rock nerd community. That shit was on it's way out before shit like GG happened. Nowadays nerdom is seen either as a haven of sexism and rightwing ideals or a baston of salvation from leftwing ideals without much middle ground.

Hard to be a liberal SXSW attending "ironic" nerd when the lefty part and the nerd part spontaneously declared war on each other.

meme hat that drugged up suburbanite hipsters wear
The character Jeff on American Dad is basically the bucket hat wearing stereotype.

Side Note: Anna Kendrick was perfect in this movie kms

weird how nerdiness was the in-thing for a few years at the end of the 00's and now it means you're either a nu-male marvel fan or a drumpf supporting closet BLACKED viewer. I miss when things were simpler. There is nothing good about being involved in any sort of nerd subculture now.

ooh right
my best (american) friend wheres those hats
i thinnk its cos we're stoners
does this board have a lot of stoners?
if you dont smoke weed you cant REALLY appreciate film and tv

tis the way of the world, get with it or be submerged by the crashing and unrelenting waves of time
fag

yeah man it's time to get a real job
better to be a wagie than a NEET

>Edgar
Damn I knew I have seen this name somewhere when I saw baby driver trailer

>attempts to make a case for a movie
>fails to show off the best part
>youtu.be/ILwoKfeDJO4

Based Chris Evans' scenes were a joy

Sup Forums only thinks a film is good if it satisfies ALL of the following criteria

1. +99% RT score
2. 8 trillion USD at the box office
3. reddit hates it
4. It's the #1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever
5. ney ney ney

is a NEET just a person challenging the world to change him, all the while unaware that he does not need to be changed for the world to advance, and thus can be forgotten?
only time will tell

go back

I'm not a teenager girl / faggot that listens to My Chemical Romance, so I haven't seen it. Sorry it looks terrible.

>Huurrrrr burly captain murrka man is best part of movie

I wasn't making a case for homosexuals

It's the perfect movie for hipsters that started drinking alcohol in dive bars in some little artsy part of the city, then discovered snorting adderall, discovered snorting cocaine, then graduated to heroin, then proceeded to die off en masse. All the while they kept thinking "God, all of those people going to work each day are so dumb...I'm going to make it as an artist." This was their movie.

?

See, you aren't factoring in our cognitive dissonance variable. True that all of those criteria are needed BUT they must be met with no one else seeing/agreeing with them. If there's one thing that Sup Forums loves more than contrarianism, it's stroking their e-peen about feeling like they're "in" on some patrician secret

>implying it's his "burlyness" and not him being a vapid asswipe talking about "getting blazed in his winnie" that amuses me
Nice projection though.

Still man, makes you think. I remember making fun of that shit ike it was yesterday and no it's gone.

>best part
>Based Chris Evans' scenes were a joy
>liking "asswipe" guys, something girls do

They even included a gay character in the scene for you to self-insert as. Step out the closet.

If it's "objectively" immature, it means that it was deliberately designed that way, as it is a FUCKING COMING OF AGE tale
What'd be the point of the COMING OF FUCKING AGE genre without the original premise being immaturity in the first place

i find things funny now that i didnt before, and vice versa
i do miss what used to be interesting, but life is an adventure, and change is a gift

That or if it's one of Hack Snyder's psuedo intellectual ventures. Until the release of BvS we mocked Sucker Punch, now Sup Forums is probably the only noteworthy film community that defends it. I remember what it was like to attempt to defend that film on Sup Forums.

the good news is you're going to live
the bad news is he's going to kill you

wrong genre senpai

>defends Scott Pilgrim vs the World
>calls others gay
not even him but damn son

why cant michael cera be a lead without someone calling his movie gay???

This. I overall liked the film, it was visually engaging, respectable gags, relatively faithful to its source material and had a nice pace in spite of all the action taking place in Leafland.
But Cera was a heat-of-the-moment casting decision that ended up working against the film. Scott is a more lovable and honest character than the one portrayed by Cera, who's too self-conscious on every role.

What I liked about Baby Driver was that it was essentially SP but with actual death and better casting, which makes it tighter as a whole

People in this thread keep giving it the wrong description. It's just a story stylized and put together like a video game. It feels like No More Heroes and had the same audience as Kick-Ass.

All the movie does is embody 2010 geek culture. It doesn't take itself seriously enough to warrant hard feelings against it without sounding stupid.

This film is a fucking time capsule, like American Beauty. It holds up unrefrigerated fish

I'm not the one who says "stroking e-peen" and gushes over Evans.

The film is about a guy trying to get a girl, you closet homos should stop fighting it desu.

Cera wasn't the issue. The issue was the movie in general. It reeked of faggotry...
Like, Wes Anderson, Joss Whedon and Edgar Wright got hopped up on Quaaludes and, after a rigorous fisting session birthed this hipster-infused turd into existence

stop thinking about context and just listen
youtube.com/watch?v=XoYj-vfUuJU

what movies DO you like? just so i can get a sense of why you made that statement

Not dubbing brie larson was a mistake

>blocks your path
youtube.com/watch?v=qL_9zWmDcjs

It is good and it got the feel of the comics pretty good too, something that I thought would be difficult as fuck.

This movie is for faggots and hipsters. Michael Cera plays a socially awkward pussy and the bitch he wants isn't even special or interesting.

>reeked of faggotry

He's an idiot, can't get to see a thing past of what he thinks he is, don't waste your time. Maybe I'm just being too harsh and he's only 15 and has no friends, just leave him be

dude if you can convince one stubborn person to appreciate a good movie, thats the least you can do for a movie that means something to you

It deviated too much from its source material at about the halfway point (after evil ex 3) and took a hard nose dive. For fans of the comic, it got pretty shitty from that point.

Cera was also terribly miscast as Scott, as others have said. He pit a spin on Scott that... Well, just wasn't Scott. He made him awkward instead of a dick. The guy playing Young Neil should have been Scott.

>no substance
A story of how a dude that was heart broken did the same thing to his mourning period girlfriend, all the while understanding that love most certainly will always be messy and you'll have to fight for it, unless you don't care, but if you become too obsessed you'll be at risk of becoming a villian. If you don't respect yourself it doesn't matter how much you ''love''. Meanwhile, the movie talks about how everyone is obsessed with being special and that in the end, what makes you special might not matter. Above that, the movie has no entirely good or evil characters, it doesn't even have anti heroes, and that's refreshing, it has great fight scenes and a kickass soundtrack. Good movie.

it's his best movie IMO after shaun of the dead

I liked it a lot but it was a bit underwhelming for an Edgar Wright film. The source material was better for the most part too (2nd evil ex was way better in the movie though). It's a movie that should be a 10 out of 10 and has everything going for it and yet I feel like it was a solid 8.