First Cyclops, now Hank Pym

First Cyclops, now Hank Pym

Why is Marvel turning my favorite heroes into villains? Why do they hate Hank and Scott so much? Why do they allow people who once loved them to talk so much shit about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NjCzbfz-Lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They hate hank cause the whole beating his wife thing

The thing I hated most from this was I thought we were going to move forward after Rage of Ultron, not backwards. I remember a teaser of Hank saving a space station calling Ultron his friend instead of sun, there were things that bothered me about that but it was still going forward.

What the hell happened here, why did they make Pymtron kill billions and revert back to villain of the week. I was fine if he didn't become a hero but damn this makes me angry.

Cyclops has done nothing wrong.

Hank murdered a bunch of Synthezoids.

Reed Richards has slapped his wife more times than 616 Hank Pym did.
In fact, the context for him slapping Wasp was great because it showed how low his character could go.

Becoming space hitler is not even OC, it's just all around shit writing,

Hank Pym is a cautionary tale. You can do the most heinous shit to your loved ones and be forgiven for it if you're a popular character (and said actions may even be retconned for your benefit), but if you're an unpopular character with an inconsistent track record, if you so much as slap your wife while having a psychotic breakdown you will never be forgiven no matter how many years pass. And even if the readers forgive you, the publishers and writers will never let you live it down.

I think it's more a matter of making old, smart characters and srablushed leaders into evil because whatever. See, Reeds is also de facto just a villain too now. And Cap is going through a weird route in which he's a villain but he's not.
They also dumbed Beast, killed Banner, and put Stark in a complex position without financial resources.

Think about all the white, smart or leader male characters still well and alive. They either are young or the writers pet.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NjCzbfz-Lw

>Scott
Don't own the movie rights
>Hank
Professional Wife-Abuser. Favoritism towards Lang (further helped by the MCU).

>Scott
>villain

no

I don't know if you've noticed, but Reed is barely in any Marvel books anymore. And the most recent good FF run painted him as a dangerous megalomaniac.

Hank is just the worst. Thank God he isn't around to ruin Nadia's life.

>now Hank Pym

They ruined the wrong Hank. I wish they'd take out that blue faggot over there sucking inhuman dick,

bump

but Marvel heroes were never actually heroes to begin with

But that only happened once and he would have hit whoever was in the room with him.

Even fucking Black Bolt's been pushed to the side by Medusa and the NuHumans.

I thought he would be the new Space Knight but, status quo is needed

>tfw Thor lets Hank vent in way Hulk let Thing vent after Johnny was killed

>Cyclops
>villain

Yeah. I remember some user wishing to see Pymtron, Beta Ray Bill, Moondragon, Phylla and Silver Surfer.
Knowing Sup Forums luck, it'd be Bendis ride.

I really wanted that.

Oh god, fucking really.

Godammit Marvel.

I bet none of the current writing staff at Marvel have even read that issue or the ones leading up to it so they'd know the context of what was going on. Let alone learn about what was going on with Marvel at the time which would let them know it was actually an error by one of the artists that read things wrong. They just buy into the "Hank is a wife beater" meme because memes sell because they're "lol epic XD".

>because whatever

Because they think a hero being secretly evil this whole time is some how "2DEEP4U" and think that'll somehow drive sales.

Slott probably read it, since he's real comicfag. If Bendis was Pymfag, he'd read it but he has royal hateboner for Hank.

actually wasn't there a Sup Forums greentext that stated that Hank was basically a marvel supervillain in the making before meeting his wife

I can't bring myself to hate Pymtron no matter what he does, so I don't care.

But this is stupid.

Shit, this would be a great Guardians team.

Yeah, he started with that I'LL SHOW THEM, I'LL SHOW THEM ALL! route.

Guardians of Microverse, eh?

You mean the one where the guy ends with, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Hank Pym is a mad scientist trying to be a hero"?

what the fuck is she talking about?

If Nadia knew how bad Hank is, she'd claw her eyes out.

tell me how bad hank is

He basically has all the crazy ambitions, downfalls, and fallibility/vulnerabilities of a villain, but he always just wanted to be a good guy. A hero. As a kid he was ignored and shunned by his family, was bullied, didn't have any friends, and never really got his time to shine. He's led a life full of mistakes and loss and never really had his chance to bask in the sun. All things considered, a lesser man would have gone the route of villainy a long time ago.

HE'S BAD ENOUGH DUDE

You know who else wanted to be a good guy?

Didn't Hank Pym's start life as a mad scientist in Tales to Astonish becoming Ant-Man?

He's like Superman in a certain respect: he's most interesting when he goes off the rails.

The love yourself thing probably wore off.

>Why is Marvel turning my favorite heroes into villains
Wasn't he already Yellowjacket at some point?

what about spider man?

>it was actually an error by one of the artists that read things wrong
Wait what.

He doesn't have wife to hit :^)
Shooter said, years later, that Hank was supposed to raise arms in desperation and accidentally hit Janet.

Because they have like 6 serious villains and the rest they always mock into irrelevance. Every villain too often gets the joked or that smug "huehue" ridiculous.

Making Hero into villains is the natural progression of "LETS HAVE HEROES FIGHT ALL THE FUCKING TIME". Villains seem to exist to start these fights.

>Reed is defacto a villain now
Reed is god. Maker is a dumbed down shade of his former amoral self.

She looks a little old to be doing that.

Fucking this Hank did not hit janet on purpose but the artist fucked up and now he's stuck with the wife beater label

>just an art error
Guess you didn't bother reading the issues afterwards

Sales would be microscopic

He's not stuck with it because the artist fucked up. He's stuck with the label because Shooter decided to give Janet a black eye and have her divorce Hank.

How does one slap=beating? And it's not like he did it on purpose. I don't see why they keep bringing this up as the worst thing ever, especially when he's Ultrons Daddy

There's a number of Marvel peeps who has potential toward leaning on the villainous route. Honestly, I'm still surprised Carol's holding on to the heroics.

What the hell is this? Why is Cyborg there?

>all this potential
>wasted by Bendis

He hit his wife.

I did not like this issue. Nadia is stupid

Marvel loaned Cyborg for one story.

>I don't see why they keep bringing this up as the worst thing ever, especially when he's Ultrons Daddy

Because it's a meme.

Because white males are the enemy and they must be debased and discredited if a new diversity-flavored generation of heroes are to thrive in the minds of the public

probably will change after Ant-Man 2.

I want to see Hank Pym, Cyclops, Hal Jordan and Wanda at a bar with the latter two telling the first two that it'll get better

bump

Nah, he still loves himself.

It's just that an Ultron + Pym with his self-hatred removed isn't necessarily a good thing.

Yes, but it's the only Reed we have now.

anyone got a link to the issue in OP?

I believe that you two are having a little chuckle, but I am still mad.

Watch as her book fails but they keep it on life support and pretend she's popular.

>It does well digitally and you can't prove it doesn't!

Marvel didn't turn Pym evil, that's Ultron

i don't understand why this triggered Sup Forums

Having characters, especially Jan, shit on Hank is the mark of lazy Marvel writing.

It ignores when better writers had them all move past it.
Hell, in this case she's also doing it shortly after Hank died.

>Thank God Hank is dead and not around to raise his own daughter, what an asshole that guy that saved the world on multiple occasions and despite his issues is still ultimately a virtuous hero, fuck that guy.
Do you seriously not understand?

So basicall, marvel is just retarded. That explains why they can't come up with new ones.

He probably doesn't read comics. Fuck you putting that I perspective makes this so stupid.

When was the last time Marvel made a new villain that stuck?

Captain America.

>tfw I'm fan of all of them
Fuck everything.

They're white Christian men.

i read it as "We're not telling her about Ultron because we don't wanna destroy her image of Hank when she's young. Let her have a while before she realizes everyone is horrible"

That would be fine and dandy if Wasp didn't literally say "Mercifully, he's not here to RUIN that for her", implying the problem isn't what Hank did in the past, but Hank himself.

That's the tragic story of his death that would probably be public knowledge.

This is them taking about that time he had a really horrible breakdown, and all of his friends started constantly judging him for it years after he'd recovered.

When they turned Ultimate Reed in the Maker.
I'm not sure about any of the inhumans, but maybe there's one there.
And for me, probably me alone, Maria Hill.

Marven really needs more, developing, created ex novo villains, to be honest.

Hanks is an Atheist.

I'm reading it as more kind to Hank, him being around would ruin her hero worship. Not necessarily because of him but because she'd know all this shit about his past.

and I trust Waid of all people to have a good view of Hank. tbqh

Good point. Is the Red Room secluded from the world at large?

He's a white male, OP. He was born a villain.

> all of his friends started constantly judging him for it years after he'd recovered.

that's outside universe forgetting shit. The arc that starts with the slap ends with everyone making peace and Hank retiring.

>Is the Red Room secluded from the world at large?
Yes.

And god.

You're not the only one reading it like that. But Jan should realize soon that Hank probably wouldn't ruin anything to Nadia because they would probably follow the very same thoughts in parallel, with all the weird, crazy stuff included.

Take that, Theists!

>I trust Waid
Brave boy, but foolish.

And in-universe those shitty writers started bringing it up and having the others treat Hank like shit.

Actually, wait, all that shit with his breakdown somehow also became public knowledge.

>Is the Red Room secluded from the world at large?
Yes, but she's out in the world now.
Some reporter would eventually ask how she feels about her dad building a murderbot, slapping his wife, then eventually fusing with that murderbot.

The Hood?

The new Beetle from Superior Foes?

i wish i could go back in time stop that shit

>The Hood?
Lol.

>all that shit with his breakdown somehow also became public knowledge.

He shot a bitch and went on trial, was convicted, and was a henchman to a super villain for a bit. Once the Avengers found Egghead it all came out that he was manipulating and making Hank do shit. The Janet stuff was probably under wraps but the rest wasn't and even then it was still in the tabloids that Jan was dating new men.

They are both white males.