youtube.com/watch?v=f5YzfJix3F4
youtu.be/UWROBiX1eSc
youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc
youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA&ab_channel=HassaniSabbahX
twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/895135855442087936
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

here

Fuck off shill

hyped. rlm haters stay in your containment threads pls.

>Getting 'hyped' for Reddit Letter Media reviews
What is wrong with you people

xd

>getting hyped to be a huge faggot
what is wrong with you

youtube.com/watch?v=f5YzfJix3F4

40 minutes, I'm gonna cum!

>tfw nothing to goin at happen because it's all gonna be another wacky ironic meme trick

Jesus christ its like they saw the Phil Collin's muppet in the land of confusion video and said "We want that, but creepier."

>tfw when it's another transformer's review

*inhales*
*leans back*
*hales*

Ok.

i'm ready

>swastikas

OY VEY

JUDEN!

I NEED IT, I NEED IT; WHAT KIND OF VIRGINAL 45 YEAR OLD MAN GOES WITHOUT A PLINKETT REVIEW

inb4 its 20 minutes long

It's here

YOU FUCKING HACKS

IT'S FUCKING HERE YEEEEAEAAAAA

ITS FUCKING TRANSFORMERS!

>it's an hour long

Breddy gud imo. Didn't even go into the shitshow behind the movie.

>youtu.be/UWROBiX1eSc
There's the Scientist Man video for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc

Someone please make a webm of the girl getting slimed at the end

Good shit. Way better than Titanic or TFA.

MODSSSSSSS

when did Lindsay Lohan play a drug addled stripper?

Y'know, just looking at the Ghostbusters movie through the review -- since I never plan on watching it -- they could've followed a plot regarding the woman in the portrait, kind of similar to GB 2.

But, it would've made some sense considering they open in the mansion and mention the portrait. Like, her soul could be trapped in the house and it somehow gains power.

Or whatever; I don't know.

>They added rich evan '''''skits''''' into the plinket review

FUCKING

WHY
H
Y

It was good, and i'm glad it didn't get bogged down in the politics bullshit that surrounded it. I liked TFA review, but it felt like too much of it was focused on responding to prequel apologists and things that had nothing to do with the movie.

This review perfectly points out many of the flaws without needing to delve into that bullshit.

Plinkett Matrix sequels when?

Because ad libbed skits make everything better.

>He was the only holdout on making a third Ghostbusters movie. Bill Murray understood the movies the least. Now this is the result."
Are you kidding me? He was right when he didn't want to make Ghostbusters 2, and he was doubly right to stop them from making the same mistake with Ghostbusters 3. Ghostbusters never should've been made into a franchise, and the reboot would've been made regardless if there was a Ghostbusters 3 or not because Sony loves money. Honestly, in today's cesspool of needless sequels, prequels, reboots, and cashgrabs you seriously think Ghostbusters 3 should've been made? Hell no.

Yeah, I didn't understand his hate towards Bill Murray. He was clearly miserable to be associated with the remake.

Was it meta?
Gave me TGWTG vibes.

Especially since the sony leak had them basically threatening him with legal action if he didn't play ball.
Also, the only reason he did ghostbusters was so the studio would let him make pic related. A great movie that was considered a flop and is generally forgotten, meanwhile the movie he didn't want to do in the first place becomes the biggest thing ever. He's always been a little bit resentful.

Yes. Sequels are better than reboots.

They've been teasing the matrix reviews since revenge of the sith. It's a trilogy with a beloved entry, and a really divisive entry or two.
Problem is that they're not really that bad (they have problems, definitely, and are nowhere near as great as the original) and I don't think there's that much to dissect really.

I replied to the wrong post and just realized it

He forgot to add jokes.

>Thinks Daisey Ridley is charismatic and Kristin Wiig is funny.

Are you ready to admit he's a pleb?

Baby's Day Out was better

>the movie wanted to be familiar but do it's own thing
>shows Rogue One
>not TFA

Mike really wants people to forget his TFA praise, huh?

what's the biggie smalls instrumental at the end?

I disagree. The political shitstorm that arose out of Sony Corp's shitty remake of an 80's kids movie was more interesting than Paul Feig's mediocity as a director. I understand why Mike didn't want to tackle that, but the approach he took wasn't as interesting as most Plinkett reviews.

youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA&ab_channel=HassaniSabbahX

I've seen plenty of funny stuff from Kristen Wiig on SNL.

t. Lorne Michaels.

I believe it was Jay who said he thought Ridley was charismatic. I partially agree about Wiig. I think she can be funny when used appropriately, but generally isn't that funny. As for Daisy, I thought her performance in TFA was adequate in that she wasn't a fucking robot (like Felicity Jones in Rogue One), but overacting doesn't = charismatic. Really, a lot of the acting in TFA was characteristic of performances in JJ Abrams movies. He hypercharges everything to distract you from the fact that there's no real character development. Just a bunch of dumb, sweeping action. Star Trek 2009 is a prime example.

Actual critique. Posted in another thread on this shit but it got archived. Fuck it.

I don't understand RLM. Particularly Mike. Is the jaded, cynical, darkly-humorous, alcoholic bully all just an act? It doesn't line up with his objectively pleb taste in just about everything. Just finished watching the Ghostbusters 2016 Plinkett review and it reinforced this idea and felt like a cash grab/clickbait thing a year after the fact. They did fine with their first two videos on it and in this he had nothing new or particularly interesting or witty to say. Ghostbusters '16 has a ton of controversy around it, they got a shitload of views for their videos on it, and any new Plinkett will also get a shitload of views so I feel like that was essentially the only reason this was made. And it sucked. 58 minutes of lazy, rehashed, obvious and unfunny commentary.

Overall, the best comedic RLM moments in the past have come almost entirely from Mike, but only Jay seems to have actually decent taste and a serious interest in film. Rich I'm 50/50 on since he seems legitimately cynical and absolutely never makes excuses for garbage films like the others do, but at the same time he is actually invested in caring about capeshit at age 41. As for Josh and Jack, who cares, they have contributed nothing of value ever.

I feel like Mike is a literal pleb just playing a dark character for laughs (not just Plinkett, but himself in everything he's ever appeared in) whereas the rest of the crew is more or less genuine.

>you have to be dark and cynical to like good movies

you have to be 18 or older to post here

>He was right when he didn't want to make Ghostbusters 2
Murray was a huge reason why Two sucked so much. He didn't wanna do it and it's clearly obvious in the movie that he didn't wanna do it. Not saying the movie would have been automatically good if Murray didn't act like he didn't want to be there, but it definitely would have been better than it turned out.

Man, what the fuck is Sony's problem? Can't Sony shut down their film division yet?

TFA was basically 90% Ring Theory bullshit.

Remember Scarface?

Times Square has got to be the most irritating landmark on film, it always certifies that the film will be filled with annoying references and product placement.

Stop dancing

>he spent more time complaining about the prequels again in his TFA review than he did talking about TFA itself

it was really sad

Even though the review itself was kinda funny I felt kind of sad throughout. Plinkett's style works great for reviewing """serious""" trash, because he gets to rip it apart. In this I just saw how much better the jokes could have been, and was reminded yet again that this was a movie that Sony thought needed to exist.

Yeah, because he fell hook line and sinker for TFA's game. At least he admitted that the comedy in TFA went too far.
You know, for one of the more cynical members of RLM, he really likes the crap Hollywood pumps out

this didn't need to be a plinkett review and it's about a year too late
there were better targets, this was meh. reminded me of TFA review

But Reloaded was actually kino.

i won't apologize for Revolutions

I hope that he does a Plinkett review of Star Trek Discovery if it's as big of a shit show as it seems.
That would be prime Plinkett material

Ghostbusters 3 would not have been made in todays cesspool, it would have been made about 20 years ago or so.

Bill Murray holding out on GB3 artificially inflated the perceived value of a third ghostbusters movie, instead of a shitty sequel what fans got was "we're still working on it" for 20 years straight and then this pile of crap. Even people who don't actually care about Ghostbusters had heard of how difficult it was getting a third ghostbusters movie off the ground and so became interested in it for that reason alone. If Murray had either firmly put his foot down publicly or just fucking gone along and did his best with a third movie there would have been no value in Sony creating the new one and therefore it wouldn't have been made.

Now - we can argue all day about whether GB3 would have been good but it definitely would have been better than GB2k16

Reminder that The Matrix Has You is objectively superior to both the sequels.

>instead of a shitty sequel what fans got was "we're still working on it" for 20 years straight
Yeah nah I think it was abundantly clear that Murray and Ramis wanted nothing to do with a third Ghostbusters, only kooky old Aykroyd was desperate for another paycheck and a chance to hawk his delicious vodka.

Would it matter now? No one gives a damn about the Matrix anymore, I'm guessing if they announced a fourth film or a remake then you could definitely expect Plinkett reviews on the two old sequels.

Reloaded wasn't as shitty as Revolutions, but I wouldn't dare calling it kino

The only timeless kino from the Matrix universe is The Animatrix.

I legit laughed at this.

I seem to remember Ramis and Aykroyd both wanting a third movie

might be wrong though

Kind of wished he was a bit more savage with direct comparisons desu.

But it was pretty solid overall. Not quite the same timing and a bit overkill with some repetition. But decent.

Dan Ayykroyd was definitely the most enthusiastic about it, Ramis was more like "If it happens, I'll gladly join", not pushing nor working against it.

>just got back from a road trip a few minutes ago
>last song I listened to on my playlist was Land of Confusion
>first thing I see on Sup Forums coming back is those fucking puppets from the music video
I love this board sometimes

I think Plinkett went too far in a few places.

What were YOU thinking

Mike is a pleb pretending to be a patrician
Jay is a patrician pretending to be a pleb

Mike is a pleb and proud of it. He spent an hour tearing Into Darkness apart and then recommended it just because its Star Trek.

Wasn't Murray threatened with legal action if he didn't go along with the reboot according to one of the leaked emails?

Yes

>So many redditors here who don't get RLM

like this idiot

Why did they attack Murray so much, though? Murray was the one trying the most to keep this abomination from being made.

>Blah Blah Blah women can be funny get over it and it's all Paul Feig's fault that they werent funny in this movie.

Mike is a hack.

But women can be funny

True, but none of the women in the movie are funny.

and they were improvising. so it was literally up to them to create the humor. and they failed. Only person who did it well was the Thor guy

If your entire movie is improv it's the editor's job to cobble together a story, e.g. What we do in the shadows.

FIEGGGGG

>"Hey, Paul, I've been checking out those dailies and it looks great. It does not look like barf. But I was thinking maybe we could make the movie look more like barf."

What did he mean by this? twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/895135855442087936

>Complains about product placement
>Absolutely loved Spider-man homecoming despite really blatant product placement every few minutes including a awkward scene where the camera stays on a dairy queen for no reason

We need more scientist man.

I mean, maybe he just liked the movie? He lays out his thoughts in the review, I don't get why people thought he should've ripped it apart. The first thing he said about it in the half in the bag review was "I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be." Mike got what he wanted. The review wasn't even just about The Force Awakens, it was about the current state of Star Wars. He doesn't even blindly praise it either, most of the TFA half of the review is him talking about his criticisms. We know he didn't like Rogue One, and I'm surprised we got a Ghostbusters Plinkett review over a RO one considering they even recorded a commentary track for it and had a lot of good points in that. I think The Last Jedi will make Mike more critical of TFA. I know Sup Forums is convinced it's a beat-for-beat remake of ESB even though we know next to nothing about the plot and fell for those stupid sloth and force tree leaks even though it makes no sense for such specific plot points to leak when the only TLJ leaks we've gotten so far are spy pics of sets and leaked merch designs.

what the fug

>Linkara has shit taste
Color me surprised.

Don't forget about the five-minute car commercial.

Hard not to have shit taste when you're a literal poopy puffer