Toonami Ratings for 9/3/16

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 will replace One Punch Man starting October 15th.

Intruder 3 is coming in November. It will have a smaller budget than 2, and will be about 15 minutes worth of content.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, delayed till 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Amusingly, OPM reruns were far more consistent with viewers, and without the sharp IBO drop, the marathon actually did better than the regular lineup the past month or so.

11:30 One-Punch Man (r) 1277 0.51 658
12:00a One-Punch Man (r) 1129 0.47 606
12:30a One-Punch Man (r) 1029 0.44 566
1:00a One-Punch Man (r) 962 0.43 553

1:30a One-Punch Man (r) 880 0.40 515
2:00a One-Punch Man (r) 860 0.38 492
2:30a One-Punch Man (r) 740 0.33 419

Other urls found in this thread:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/07/monday-cable-ratings-september-5-2016/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/08/tuesday-cable-ratings-sept-6-2016/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-08/crunchyroll-funimation-announce-partnership-to-share-content-via-streaming-home-video-est/.106234
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

8:00 King of the Hull (r) 0.50 753 0.21
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.54 855 0.28
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.52 859 0.36
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.61 966 0.40

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.72 1130 0.44
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.88 1368 0.56
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1558 0.65

3:00a Dick and Mimby (r) 630 0.28
3:30a American Dad (r) 627 0.28
4:00a Infomercials (r) 534 0.24
4:15a Off the Air (r) 498 0.22

4:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 532 0.24
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 602 0.28
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 627 0.29

Best

>Amusingly, OPM reruns were far more consistent with viewers, and without the sharp IBO drop, the marathon actually did better than the regular lineup the past month or so.
Let us hope that this leads to more sexy mosquito women in the future.

The Ride never ends.

I couldn't be first today because I finally did the sex with a real milf

>those ratings

Also, what took you? The ratings have been up for hours

Congratulations user-kun!

thank you senpai, I can finally die with one less regret

Was busy today and forgot about it

I'm just glad you haven't given up yet

schedule change: Adult Swim loses 8pm again on the 26th. Demarco is stating this is temporary on his ask.fm, like last year. No idea how it affects the Saturday pre/post Toonami schedule yet, we'll see when the schedule XML updates Saturday morning. It's gonna be a unique situation, because post-Toonami will actually be longer than pre-Toonami for the first time. Adult Swim has been avoiding putting Family Guy after Toonami since the timecut, they might have to now.
A new Off the Air called "Clowns" and a rerun of "NEWNOW" causes five Home Movies episodes to be skipped from the 19th through the 23rd.

>wake up
>its thursday
>see ratings
>holy shit myself
OPM is now our family guy. guaranteed rerun slot this december I think.. or november?

Nope, October. Highly likely it replaces Pararsyte.

Actually surprised they didn't run Parasyte with the marathon to synchronize it's ending with OPM.

I thought OPM was to have shit ratings and shot sales. So what is this

>Worst Toonami show is leaving
>Great show is coming
Is there a stream anywhere or do I need cable?

Why doesnt toonami air yuyu Hakusho anymore? I liked that as a kid

I wish they would just drop IBO, it's so bad and it hurts the block.

I know it won't happen though.

Having now watched some of it thrice, I could see it sticking around a while.

haven't been here for a couple of weeks, what'd i miss

Why would they cancel One Punch? Thats like the greatest show I've seen

>causes five Home Movies episodes to be skipped from the 19th through the 23rd.
good. Home Movies is shit.

That's why; you liked it as a kid.

Now it's time for these new flashy shows that the new kids like. We gotta draw the younger viewers in, forget about the older ones.
Although, Phantom Blood is airing, what next month? Wew lad. So, I can't say they don't care about us.

I mean hey, they even got us some gundam on the air.

Off topic, but holy shit: Adult Swim has completely fallen out of the Top 100 cable shows rankings for the first time since 2003

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/07/monday-cable-ratings-september-5-2016/

its only 12 episodes, and in those 12 episodes they burned through a hell of a lot of the story available thus far

They know you like it. That's why.

It's because Home Movies is ratings cancer. They made a mistake by airing it again.

It's not a shocker, AS has been doing pretty much the same trick for a decade now, with occasional new tricks done once every now and then.

How it has remained this strong purely on Seth reruns for so long is beyond me

It's weird because even recently Adult Swim has regularly had the FOX properties in primetime pop up in the Top 10, with about ~20 telecasts of originals and late night repeats of FOX shows.

>tfw you will never have a bro like Genos

They're working on it.

good

91 Days on Toonami when?

I really feel like this show could work better as a dub. Hearing "family" spoken by a Japanese VA almost became a meme for me.

> that face
Another sleepless night, thanks a lot

You have to steel yourself to do science, boy.

How many more episodes of it are there?

They're replace it with Super.

How are you guys liking Hunter X Hunter?

meh

I actually am really enjoying it. Most shows that air on Toonami I've already watched subbed, but I held out on HxH for whatever reason. And for other anime that I've watched subbed, I've already read the manga, so I knew what was going to happen. It is the first anime I've watched since I was a kid where I don't know what's gonna happen next, so each episode is interesting. I'm not saying the story is a 1000/10, but I do think it is rather good compared to other things that I've know little of.

Should I feel bad for saying that watching it is the most hype time of the week for me?

Makes me feel like a kid again tbqh

We have it till February

Who is the white guy supposed to be?

This is pretty good tbqh

fug

delet this

This bait doesn't even work anymore since its used every week. Not to mention the threads being dead anyway

What bait? Home Movies is actually airing.

goodnight ratings thread

you can smiiiiiiiiiiille agaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

Yes.

Seems pretty consistent with ratings trending lately, I think Parasyte was 700k last week? Need to check.

>Those ratings

Oh baby, IBO really is ratings cancer

How many more weeks of IBO is there?

Requesting the armchair quarterback consensus

What's the problem with One Piece?

Just checked, last weeks Parasyte was 638k, my mistake.

Just enjoy the ride, cuz I hear it gets laughably bad later on

They really should air it later in the night. Right before Parasyte is a good time for it.

God the Jojo dubs are all so bad

Season 2 is coming.

I still insist that reshowing Wing would have been better since even if you dislike it, it's still far more entertaining.

How many episodes have aired on Toonami?

When can we expect them to dub Diamond is unbreakable?

Assuming Jojo takes no breaks between parts, and assuming we stick to six marathons per year (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), the Jojo airdates will be approximately this:

>Phantom Blood: October 15th
>Battle Tendency: January 7th, 2017
>Stardust Crusaders: May 6th, 2017
>Diamond is Unbreakable: May 19th, 2018
>Vento Aureo: March 23rd, 2019

That's assuming that the horrible dubs don't turn people off the show

Plus season 2.

Phantom Blood's dub is acceptable, and Battle Tendency's dub has a certain camp charm to it. Stardust Crusaders doesn't sound bad so far either.

I think it will do fine.

I was under the impression the Viz dub was an entirely new one.

The manga is great, it has flaws like anything but I can't think of any massive complaints

The anime is where the problem is at. Thanks to Toei, it's jammed full of padding and filler, common methods are 5-7 minutes recaps of the last episode, and showing individual panels of everyone's reaction to something. The anime actually gets worse padding wise after Thriller Bark. Also, when actually spoken, the constant screaming is pretty grating.

It's biggest issue on Toonami is there is no chance it will ever air all its episodes. Toonami should not being wasting slots on shows it will never finish, especially when said show constantly underperforms.

Demarco has to see what a drag it is on the ratings. Last weeks HxH spike and this weeks marathon consistency have to be red flags to Demarco that IBO is not meshing with the audience

> Toonami should not be wasting slots on shows it will never finish

That's a completely nonsense argument, you may as well argue that television networks should never air any show that's currently ongoing, since there's no way to verify if they'll ever finish. This is such an intellectually dishonest position against longrunning shows. Animes can run longer than 24 episodes, you know.

> when said show constantly underperforms

lol if you think Toonami's going to drop One Piece, the franchise is a huge pillar of mainstream anime and manga culture. Don't quit your day job to play backseat ratings analyst. If you're only able to enjoy Toonami via how high the ratings are you need to get help.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/08/tuesday-cable-ratings-sept-6-2016/

>Home Movies - 663,000

Turns out we can't discuss the wonders of THICC and HOME MOVIES SUCKSSS XDDD

It's not like IBO was a ratings success in Japan either. With it's Sunday Evening timeslot, which is one of the best on Japanese TV I might add, it only managed 2.25%. That's pretty low, equal to parts 3 and 4 of Gundam AGE (when most people had already left), and down from the previous show's (Heroic Legend of Arslan) 3% average.

G-Reco actually had more impressive ratings. Sure, they're only 1.8%, but the show aired at 2am on a Tuesday. For that timeslot, those are some great numbers. 2% for late night anime is considered about the point where you start calling something a smash hit, and G-Reco had a number of episodes above that line (including the finale).

Conversely, when episodes of IBO dipped under 2% it's producer went to twitter to tell people it will pick up more towards the end.

The art is terrible. I want the characters to all die immediately so I don't have to look at them. They all have inhuman proportions, either swelled up like balloons or reduced to disgusting flesh noodles.

That's the problem that immediately jumps out to me. I would also say that the dub is really bad, with multiple characters' voices really grating on my ears.

Fuck off Demarco, a once a week block should not air so many long runners. And it's been said a billion times, the west does not care about OP like Japan does. Especially 8 year old dubbed episodes of the dogshit anime

>over 110 people grossly underestimated what Home Movies ratings would be

This is called delusion. You've been swayed by memes. How could anybody legitimately think it would get 0 - 100k viewers? That's fucking retarded.

>with multiple characters' voices really grating on my ears
That's kind of the idea. In like, any version of the show.

>actually believing anyone took a retarded straw poll seriously

>not taking it seriously

So far, the first eighteen episodes, including the recap.
I know we got 130 or so left, so my Saturday nights are set for the next few years, considering all of my friends stopped inviting me out to do stuff.

yay

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-08/crunchyroll-funimation-announce-partnership-to-share-content-via-streaming-home-video-est/.106234

Now that these two teamed up, any thoughts on what will happen with Toonami? Since Funimation's dubs will be easily available online (not like they aren't already, but by "legal streaming) people may not be as inclined to watch on television. Could also be good though, maybe people will watch something online, like it and for whatever reason they'll decide to watch it on Toonami.

How does Funi keep getting stronger?

>they were scared of Amazon/Hulu/Netflix and their bottomless wallets so they joined forces

mamma mia

>New FLCL
I don't know how to feel about this. I liked FLCL, but it's over. I don't see how it could be improved upon.

I mildly enjoyed the "Who Shall Judge" speech, along with Speedwagon's "That's the sound of steel cutting into bone!" from Part 1

Hopefully it will force Demarco to make better choices with the block. I actually hope it hurts the ratings, because that's the only way we will get any change from the current garbage we have

Honestly?

It's decent up until the time skip, with the war arc right before it being pretty fucking great, look forward to that in like five years when Toonami gets to it.

Then immediately switch it off, because after that all the characters get Flanderized, Sanji especially, and then there' Fishman Island and there will be no fucking survivors when Toonami is stuck there for like two years, and then Punk Hazard happens which was so uninteresting I just stopped after that.

How an anime focused on exploration and adventure can be so shit at both of those things is beyond me.

Toonami has always been a dated system. Aside from 1-2 world premieres, Toonami has brought nothing to the table aside from being nostalgiabait. A little competition might do it some good.

Bad news though is this probably takes all Funi shows off the table for Toonami. And since they hoard the majority of them, that's a bad setup

Lots, also IBO is also getting another season.

I think I got just the show to save Toonami, pic related

wait, that's not MeMeMe

Nothing will change. Crunchyroll was airing ads during Toonami at a time when the block's ratings were continuing to get stronger.

But now the block is continuing to get weaker as people tire of a stagnant schedule. Having something better on demand will be more appealing than it was back then

We'll be fine

Toonami should just air the One Piece movies.

Strong World.

13 at the least.