Why do we fight

Sup Forums, take a look at this dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there – on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Qs3GlNZMhY
youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're gay lol

Why do you live? End yourself if it truly doesn't matter.

To protect our little speck of dust we need to kill the chinks and browns

Man, looking at this dot makes me think

Why I don't do big things in life? We are nothing in this vast universe, every person that lived was nothing, it's just people that give meaning to things but universe couldn't care less

We are small, so small

if you're gonna be a massive faggot at least post the webm

WE WUZ THINKIN N SHEIT

Funny, you don't usually think of space going up and down but rather from left to right. That pic proves otherwise.

>the universe is big so nothing matters
i wish you idiots took your own advice to heart and just killed yourselves

>why do we fight

Because brown people and inferior races still car about racial superiority. I guess we don't need to care about it because we're already superior.

Sagan, we are fighting, because "international elements" have an anti-white agenda. They hate our race. Now we can decide not to hate back - that's alright. But when confronted with the realities of their policies, not acting would be suicide. To do nothing cowardice.

Maybe it doesn't matter in the end, even if the whole of humanity survives. Who knows. But nothing creative, moral or constructive ever came out of nihilism. Just petty talk of tolerance and loving your enemies. - Well, our enemies don't love us. And they are out to destroy us, our nations, values, families, our race.

We have no choice: we have to fight!

Ok ill say it itt

le we are the universe experiencing itself

>nothing matters
Maybe in your own fucked up mind
The point is that everything matters
Everything matters considering how small and precious human life is

To think, human life arises after many billion of years only to be destroyed by the rise of right wing hateful ideology

>durr the earth looks small when photographed from far away, therefore everything is meaningless and futile, pass the bong lmao

>amerifat reading comprehension

>tfw everyone will eventually die

How do you feel bout dat?

Why do u guys think that nothing matters when u see how big the universe is

It just shows how precious we all are to be alive meaning we should do everything we can to make the world a better place by not being racist, sexist, or evil.

Why do u hate life

God do you remember when you were 15 and thought "lol space man just wow" was the deepest shit ever?

Whoop dee doo space is big, and full of pretty much fuck all.

We need to shoot you up into space, ya rat. Your position only supports the international kike agenda to pacify the white race. I will create oceans of blood to protect the soil, honour and blood of my brothers and forebears.

Talk about sophistry...

GTFO you oversimplifying, ignorant, shallow thinking retard

We fight because we are stuck on a planet of limited size with limited resources and over half of the global population not only contribute nothing but are a net drain on the productive societies.

Once more, in those productive societies, less than half of the population contribute. The remainder are useless eaters.

It is time for a massive culling. Hopefully nature will develop a new and unstoppable plague soon.

>considering how small and precious human life
nice meme

Why do we fight? To protect home, and family. To preserve balance, and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: "What is worth fighting for?".

We fight so we don't get over run by shit skin savages so we can one day explore this vast universe.

Well we used to.

did you notice how fucking small earth is?

we fight for limited resources and control of those limited resources

is this your first day on earth or something? did you not already know this?

user, scarcity is a thing.
even if you discount for shit like ideologies and conflicts of interest coming from people generally wanting different things from life (or wanting the exact same things for themselves), all the people in the world still couldn't get along

maybe if a free, portable, infinite energy source existed your OP wouldn't sound so retarded, but until then, you're just some hippie fuck who can't grasp the simplest realities of life on Earth

If anything it underscores the fact that we need to get off this tiny dot and takeover more tiny dots.

Happiness, kindness peace and love all seem like weakness to me

I don't want a world where everyone is a open minded liberal hugbox

A perfect world would be wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=9Qs3GlNZMhY

Nihilism does not work that way

Anyone else read this in sagans voice?

youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

the fight is all we have you soft cunt

rage, rage against the dying of the light

I used to be a nihilist, but there is nothing for a nihilist but nothingness. There is no act in life that matters.

Nobody can carry the weight of the true red pill, so I just ended up ignoring and avoiding it. Life is better dwelling on emotions rather than rational thought.

>The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy and irony?

Best

Best answer.
It s just about pespective. if You decides your life don t mater, your life won t mater.

Agreed

We are nothing that's the truth.

why kill yourself when nothing matters? I don't understand your point? WHyyy???

I truly live because nothing matters. No need to play it safe and please sky daddy.

shut the fuck up al gore

>not following it to the logical conclusion and realizing life is a game
>not picking your people's side and fighting for them even if there's not objective justification for it

Because it's the only fucking dot in the picture and It's mine all mine dammit.

All incredibly self-centered, of course.

Why would aliens want anything to do with us?

resource, or just another rapefugees

So you will commit suicide?

Good bantz but same for Aussies
Rip anglo bro

fuck off you hippie douchebag

Nice speech, hope you dont get arrested faggot. Besides isnt nihilism one of your countries most important contrubutions

DEUS VULT.
MUSLIM AD MORTEM.

Why do the nationalists have the edgiest speeches on this board? It really makes yoyr groups look like a buncha fags

Lol @ anyone believing that's an actual picture of the fucking earth.

hey v-sauce, michael here

everything on earth is our ultra exclusive rare vip content. mfw we're the only planet in time that got a Hitler (?)

>value is proportional to size

if humanity gets its shit together, the galaxy could be colonized in under 100,000 years, and the rest of the universe at the speed of light.

but no amount of empty space invalidates earth.
no amount of darkness can extinguish the smallest flicker of light.

yes, very good carl the cuck, have you been smoking le weed bro dude 420 again?

we do all live on this planet, and Whtie countries are all being forced to import tens and tens of millions of shitskins in order to wipe us out through mixing

it's genocide, and it's still geNOcide if yo ulook at it from, liek, I dunno, maaan, really , you kow, liek, faaar, liek, i know, you know, I dunno, away, you know? maaaaan

size =/= importance or meaning

>spherecucks
>pale jew dot
lmaoing @ ur life fampai
don't believe nasa's lies