Earth-2

How the fuck did it all go so very, very wrong?
I mean, Robinson left and the quality immediately nosedived.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2013/03/29/starro-ing-james-robinson-starman-earth-2-and-marginalized-groups/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he took his notes when he left and the writer that replaced him is not very good in general and sucks superman's cock

DC has been wasting the potential of alt Earth books lately

>he took his notes
Huh, seems kinda shitty, but I wonder what circumstances he left under.
So we have an idea for what "was to be"?

I think Robinson was one of those new 52 editorial losses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but basically they wanted to launch a Batman book in that universe even though he was sold on doing the book by the idea that the Trinity wouldn't be in it.

i think he, johns, and didio were setting up a meeting between main earth and earth 2
there were a lot of beats between their books in the beginning and it would've been a jla/jsa team up like they used to do

yes that's right

iirc he DID want a batman, but said batman would be a second stringer compared to the main characters he was setting up

Never cared for it, even with Robinson. I just wanted JSA.

I love all of those suits

Sounds like editorial drove him off, very likely due to what became World's End

I don't blame him at all, I'd be pissed if they gave me free reign on a book, started interfering more and more, then within a year said I had to shove in more Bat characters and then blow the whole thing up

I don't know why some editor thought destroying everything would be a good idea, or why ANYTHING they did post Robinson was a good idea. Abnett pretty much said that nobody liked the book anymore so they told him to fix it, but by now it's too little too late

He said Batman was half editorial's idea and half his which made me think editorial said he HAD to add Batman and he at least got to choose which one

He wanted to introduce a British Star Man and Wildcat after Doctor Fate. Also a crossover with the Justice League.

I'll never understand why they wasted such a good Superman costume on a guy who died one issue in. Should have been the one they gave to Superbro.

New 52 editorial sucked hard for the first two or three years, man. The turnaround by the time DCYou came about was insane.

>I love all of those suits
Same.
I think the WW, and especially Fury, costumes are probably my favorite costume designs to come out of comics in the last 5 or so years.

He wanted to introduce Wildcat and Air Wave too

I want to know his more long term plans so bad ;_;

They'd crossover during Forever Evil, I think. Or Amazo virus.

>iirc he DID want a batman, but said batman would be a second stringer compared to the main characters he was setting up
God forbid there's a DC universe that doesn't worship the almighty Bat-Cock!

>the edgy universe where beloved heroes die and get replaced by literal who

Yeah, it was shit from the start

it already exist, it's the main DC universe
not that a casual would know that

As easy as it is to blame editorial for driving him off, I'm convinced that a lot of the blame for Earth-2 falling apart falls on Robinson. It felt like it was starting to go off the rails halfway through the first arc.

Robinson was given opportunity after opportunity by DC and blew it. Over the course of a decade, he wrote:
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>JLA
>Superman
>Action Comics
>A Shade maxi-series that was the only thing immune from New 52 shenanigans.
>Earth-2

I don't think you can argue that Earth-2 wouldn't have fallen apart under him. Robinson isn't the same Robinson from Starman and JSA anymore.

>It felt like it was starting to go off the rails halfway through the first arc.
There was a trainwreck, yes.

Robinson wanted the Moors to rule everything like they did in the perfect Earth in his Squadron Supreme.

Remind me again how many Batman, and Batman affiliated, books DC is publishing right now.

It was idealistic, which is why it's Ternion died in the invasion by Apokolips, because Earth 0, being edgier, had grown used to shit.

>Batman
>Detective
>All-Star
>Nightwing
>Red Hood and Outlaws
>Harley Quinn
>Batman Beyond
>Batgirl
>Batgirl and Birds of Prey
>is Harley's Black Book still going?
>not sure should we count Master Race or not
Not counting two Titans, Trinity, League and such.

Because like big network executives the more you interfere the more people attach your name to something. Even if you did nothing. Basically, editors who try to do more than their job are scum and DC has them more enough of them that writers leave. Marvel has the opposite problem of editors who don't do their fucking job so shit that takes five seconds to research goes through.

>and the quality immediately nosedived
into Earth-2's destruction.

I'll actually give Titans and Leaue a pass since, team books. But yeah, quite a few Bat-Affiliated books for a universe that is "not" Batman-Centric.

I'd agree with you if more than three of those centered on Batman rather than the myriad properties he's spawned. And two of those are staple titles of DC.
Four if you count Beyond.

bleedingcool.com/2013/03/29/starro-ing-james-robinson-starman-earth-2-and-marginalized-groups/

Stuff that was mentioned by Robinson but I think never got included in the book:

>-Starman? There will be A Starman of Earth-2.
>-Dr. Midnight? Johnny Thunder? Green Arrow? yes, yes, and sort of.
>-Sort of? The Red Tornado will have other “red” cohorts, including Red Bee and Red Arrow, who might be named Roy McQueen, and might be an amputee.
>-Wildcat? Issue 19
>-Earth 2 Batman will meet Bruce.

Did WIldcat get introduced in #19?

What's Robinson doing these days?

Third of books is Bat-related.
Nah, World's End #6. Just checked.
Squadron Supreme.
I don't like that book.

that has nothing to do with what that user said

Half of those don't even feature Batman

He said main DC Universe is not over-saturated by Batman. I retorted by pointing out how many Bat-Related books there are.
Seems pretty related.

It's almost like the company is named after him or something.

>it's almost like those are beloved characters and people buy them

They can't even use the usual meme "they sell because it's the only thing they make!" when DC constantly tries to push other heroes and comics and they always fail.

just like DCYou proved

>It was such a simple premise.
>What if there was a version of the DCU where the Trinity died so that newly imagined versions of Golden Age heroes with a greater focus on magic over science were the main characters and had to pick up the slack for Wondy, Bats, and Supes?
>Robinson leaves because he doesn't like executive meddling
>The moment he leaves the DC Muck-a-Mucks decide "Hey you know what this Earth needs? A Batman and a Superman!"
>"Also, lets blow it up!"
I... I tire of DC's stupidity.
Have fun with Doctor Manhattan, folks.

>Batman and Superman are not Golden Age heroes

>I... I
Jesus Christ, kill yourself.

That wasn't implied.
He said that the heroes that were reimagined were Golden Age. Not that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman weren't.

Dropped after Taylor's annual and first number he did (don' remember) and thought it was Injustice-tier awful.

Then I read Convergence. How a finfiction writer like Wilson had the freedom to fuck up an universe so badly? Why DC didn't care enough to put this book out of his misery?

Thank god Abnett is decent.

>Batman, and Batman affiliated

You're an idiot.

I read too fast and didn't notice that, no need to be so sensitive about it

Decent, but its too late user.
The dream is dead.

Is it me or does it seem like Abnett is setting things up for a complete reboot?

Probably.
But then again, we got plot hook in Rebirth with Johnny Thunder. Will they give us two Justice Societies?

I uh, I actually really like Earth 2. Even after Robinson left.

Batman does not sit.

>How the fuck did it all go so very, very wrong?
>Robinson left
That's pretty much it.

>why they wasted such a good Superman costume on a guy who died one issue in
Given Robinson's track record there would have been flashback issues.

>He wanted to introduce a British Star Man
I'd have been happier not knowing that.

Where can I get muh Nicola Scott fix? That art was all sorts of great.

They need to bring Khan into the main universe. Never hurts to have a ethnic nick fury knock off

maybe they're going to use that reset mcguffin that's been mentioned lately to instead of remaking Earth 2 proper, end up merging what's left of it into the main Earth, thus bringing back the JSA

When Alan Scott was made a cocksucking queer and E2 Superman, Batman and WOnder Woman were killed off like chumps

I have nothing against Alan Scott being gay(they actually handled it pretty well), but I will admit I do think it might have been better to have someone else be gay instead

Should've been gay Jay, him and Joan couldn't have kids anyway.

He also wanted Dan Garett around but DC wouldn't let there be 2 Blue Beetles at one time.
Now look at them, Ted and Jaime share a book.

What was going on at dc editorial for those few years.

They didn't care.

Did Batman cap asses?

Yeah, he had a golden gun

Oh yes.

Wonder Woman: Year One arc (the better of the two current WW arcs so far according to Sup Forumsnsensus).

>He said main DC Universe is not over-saturated by Batman.

No he didn't.

Robinson planned to introduce Batman

Robinson had a psychological breakdown, got drunk and spent his time fucking trannies.

Only that last one MAY be fictionalized

Forever Evil was pretty awesome.

>it's almost like most people have awful taste and won't read anything that's not muh Burtman

Wonder Woman Year One

Then Black Magick in March or April

>E2 Superman, Batman and WOnder Woman were killed off like chumps
I'm glad they were, it was nice to (briefly) have an earth that was less dedicated to trinity cocksucking

>Thank god Abnett is decent.
He started off decent but past couple issues have been meh, he dedicated a whole annual to Worst Dick and his shitty kid, and now it looks like they're wrecking the planet AGAIN? I don't even care of it's a fakeout, I don't have the energy to give a shit anymore