I thought the psychiatrist scenes were funny

I thought the psychiatrist scenes were funny.

The juxtaposition of the frigid female psychiatrist archetype into the scifi wold of rick and morty was pretty funny. Like how quickly she accepted the story about the pickle and didn't just think beth and the kids were insane. How nonplused she was at seeing a talking pickle with a rat corpse exoskeleton. How she was actually a good psychiatrist to the talking pickle.

This is funny stuff Sup Forums, but I guess you have autism so you don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N95gaqL5G14
youtube.com/watch?v=kVCouGdEIEw
youtube.com/watch?v=8w6SPXTsoU0
youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
youtu.be/mJCMxk7AdDA
youtube.com/watch?v=dLBBQaR9dKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I thought the psychiatrist scenes were funny.
I thought they were boring as shit, skipped the parts and only watched the pickle rick plot.

>This is funny stuff Sup Forums, but I guess you have autism so you don't get it.
This isn't funny stuff OP, but I guess you have autism so you don't get it.

forgot >mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=N95gaqL5G14

can you guys thumbs up my pickle rick analysis video?

your video is shit and your channel sucks
kys stupid loser

fuck off four eye faggot

Stop shilling your shit channel.

PICKLEEEEEEEEE RICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

clean your refrigerator

CLEAN YOUR FUCKING HOUSE

'frigid female psychiatrist' isn't an archetype, it's a stereotype.

do you honestly think you're funny?

samefag

no one wants to watch your video bro

lol pickel

you sir, just got BTFO

>Like how quickly she accepted the story about the pickle and didn't just think beth and the kids were insane.
One month earlier, the whole world was inducted into the galactic government, aliens walked the earth openly and freely and humans were free to come and go offworld. And everyone got a job working for this government and everyone got pills to eat in place of food and water.

This was only like a month before. Maybe two months, since the second episode spanned 3 weeks.

haha yeah! you should set up a patreon so we can support your chennl better :)

The eating poop joke got old the first time they did it, they should have just said different fucked up things every time instead

fuck rick and fuck pickle people

I liked the psychiatrist bits too but I know I only liked them becuase Beth is a lot like my own mother

bad rip off
youtube.com/watch?v=kVCouGdEIEw

Go back home, OP.

but that's not what people like about the episode

all they like is screaming "pickle rick" like fucking normies on a cocaine meme.

>>>reddit

kino

Even if you're being ironic it's not funny or anything

youtube.com/watch?v=8w6SPXTsoU0

>Sup Forums slowly realizes it would be really contrarian to like the therapist parts and starts claiming they were brilliant
good website

let me guess, you also think BvS sucked

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

Did you forget that the universe they're in is well aware of the existence of aliens?

This is the mind of the average redditor.

>Enjoyed Rick and Morty
>Haven't rewatched any of it
>Rewatched it with a friend last night
>Early season 1 felt awkward and kind of slow
>honestly enjoyed season 2
>Go into season 3
>So far mainly feel "meh"
I'm not disliking it because it's popular but it just feels off. It's like ever since its gotten popular, it's now -trying- to be popular. I thought the Wasteland episode was kind of okay, though no clue why mad max was melded with some medieval fantasy type thing.

That is what I feel too. It has literally nothing to do with the writer being a woman. It just feels off, the comedy has no build up, no set up and it lacks what made the earlier seasons good.

No, that was funny.

The embassy shit was pointless filler.

>the writing is completely off but it has nothing to do with the writers
yeah okay

youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
DR WONG IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
SUSAN SARANDON JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

I don't feeel like it's trying to be popular, it's doing what it has been doing the entire time.

i dont understand, why is rick and morty such a big meme that the Sup Forums admins started playing pickle rick?

good video

Women aren't funny

How dare you. Women are funny, just look at Amy Schumer.

>greatest enemy yet
>she defeats rick in battle!111

>youtube.com/watch?v=shitnobodycaresabout

oh my god this isnt just a case of a shit female writer these niggers are completely serious.

OP is the definition of "reaching"

because women arent funny and some pr team is spending their money paying for forced 'viral' memes.

>only watched the pickle rick plot.
also horseshit

yeah, well thanks for the input kiddo. Next time spare us your femsplaining

RICHARD CORNICHON DANS LE MAISON CE SOIR

Harmon is a hack. Same thing happened with Community after season 2. Things started trying way too hard all of a sudden.

The ''character development'' won't affect any character long term in major ways. So why are they wasting time on it and put like 3 jokes in the whole episode?

Any idiot with Microsoft paint can erase the (You)s and fill in the blank spaces with the paint bucket tool you fucking homo

It did, retard.
>inb4 BuS copypasta, fedoraposting snd blocks of text about freshman year philosophy.

*BvS

What has to happen in your life to get so fucked in the head where you think over 60 percent of the human population isn't funny because of mgtow memes?

PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

youtu.be/mJCMxk7AdDA

>white people

I hated Jaguar or whatever his face was.

>People don't remember season 3 community starting
>youtube.com/watch?v=dLBBQaR9dKA

Season 3 is a curse lads

People started forcing it over anger over reddit atheism which they think the show is tied to. It was forced so much and it was extremely dumb so mods ran with it.

Funny you say that. The central comedic strain of this episode of R&M lies in the juxtaposition of the therapy session with the literal action movie that Rick falls into. Hmm, perhaps that significance of the random, vaguely Slavic embassy that Rick pops into was lost on you? We have two equally effective solutions to the pain of divorce: a sterile world of strained feminine reason and submission-- rife with hollow, compulsory 'emotional exercises' like 'i am' and 'i feel' statements--and Rick's world, which embraces unbridled masculine passion and dominance--the cherry on top being the doubling of daughter-protection between Rick and his shirtless rival. The children cling to the (nonexistent) skirt of the psychiatrist in the feminine world even as Rick shit talks a rat in the masculine world. Both these rituals, in their own way, perform the same magic. And yet their juxtaposition collapses any magic we individual viewers may have felt in either. It makes both segments equally absurd. This is why Rick and Morty is so smart it is dumb.

Women are infinitely worse at humor than men, try going outside for a while.

>black people using technology

I see your white teacher managed to train you, even if barely.

Community's downfall was "Hey people seem to really like the paintball episode so let's make every episode not grounded in the reality we set up"
So instead of having them attend in a shitty community college and having to deal with it, they just used the college as only the backdrop of the series

It's pretty much like True Detective season two when they said "Everyone likes Rust so let's make all the characters act like Rust"

You must be quite the sheltered beta faggot to think that. I bet you have one of those generic high school tales of when a girl made fun of you once.

Fuck off, cunt. Stop being a bitter retard.

>Women are infinitely worse at humor than men
I'm sure you have all sorts of quantifiable stats.

Right but why are white people incapable of being close to even family members without it being sexual?

Anyone?

DUDE JUXTAPOSITION HUMOR BETWEEN FAMILY THERAPY AND EPIC ACTION WE'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE IN 90% OF ANY SHIT RELATED TO SETH MCFARLANE

You sound angry

>Like how quickly she accepted the story
It happens constantly in the series. There's no juxtaposition in that regard.

It's also 90% of Rick and Morty plots.

I liked her character unexpectedly just because she legitimately had a good answer to everything the characters said, not in a generic "this family acts like a bunch of cartoon characters" overdone self awareness. It felt like a real (very good) psychiatrist doing her job with a very fake family, which was interesting to watch for me at least.
I even thought that Rick was gonna destroy her verbally to bring everything back around, but her response was actually really good and I can't really think of any good response to it.

this faggot show is making me hate pickles now

Did you watch S1 and S2? Everyone knows about aliens now after the Galactic Government took over Earth for a few months, or however long the time was between the end of S2 and S3.

A few months before that, giant heads wete floating in the sky. But you think she'd br hung up on the pickle thing?

You wanted to reply to OP, right?

no. op's a fagweed

No you, since you said this happens constantly as if it is a plot hole.

What I meant is that the show clearly does not care about it at all since the very first episode.

I find myself to be in a similar situation to Rick. Not in that I am a pickle, but that I view myself and my intelligence as both an unstoppable force and an inescapable curse. (I know, I'm an arrogant asshole. Feel free to ignore me.) I love being able to predict things around me and control my own little world to some extent, but at the same time I'm incredibly bored by "work" that I feel is beneath my abilities and desires. In some cases, especially when the "work" is really taxing on me emotionally, I would rather just die (read: escape). I do have some self-destructive tendencies, not in a suicidal sense but more in a "fuck everyone, here's the truth" sense. I would sometimes be fine with sacrificing my reputation and position in life in order to escape the boring "work" of what has become a routine, nagging on my subconscious. There's a part of me that hates that nagging so much that I would be fine just letting my ego run free, abusing anyone in my path for the sake of my own judgement of what is worth my interest.

The only problem is that with that approach to life I would eventually be alone and still unable to reach exactly what I want out of this world. I don't want to just be in control. Complete control is impossible anyhow; people can only be manipulated so far and reality only bends as much as my arms can handle before giving out. I'm not a god. I want more meaningful things than control anyways. I want to be loved. I want to love. I want to connect with people mentally and spiritually. I want to serve God. I want to make the most of the time I have and fulfill my natural needs as a human as well as help others fulfill those needs. I want to discover the truth about people, about God, about reality, and to pass that truth on to those after me so that they will be better equipped to live in this world. I want to do what most people want to do: make the world a better place. At the end of the day, being a narcissistic asshole doesn't accomplish that as effectively as I would like. There's nothing wrong with trying different things and removing myself from negative situations, but raising my own standards as high as my impossibly large ego will only make me miserable in the end. Sometimes suffering through stupid shit can lead to something or someone truly worthwhile on the other side. That right there makes it worth it to accept an imperfect, shitty world instead of trying to dominate it by sheer force.

The psychiatrist scenes were boring, I agree with except I watched the whole thing.
The juxtaposition could have been a funny joke, if it wasn't set up for the entire fucking episode for such a shitty payoff considering you had to sit through the dragged out build up.

I actually wasn't surprised with the psychiatrist not being impressed with the pickle thing. I mean, wasn't Earth a Federation colony just like a month ago?

Pic related.

Asking for you to back up your mgtow induced schizoid beliefs is a real argument, beta.

They weren't that funny imo, I see it as a decostruction of R&M, a self-parody

I think the scripts this season are really relying in existential and nihilistic philosophy and themes that is going over the heads of a lot of the kids who like the ludicrous spectacle of the show. The folks I watched with were of two mi D's about this episode - those who dig thinky humor loved it, those who I wouldn't peg as running out to buy a literary novel didn't like anything other than the pickle rat action. Sure, you'll say that sounds elitist if you are the second type. That figures. I thought it was great. A ton of effort is going into these scripts this season. It shows. They have to be careful to maintain a balance, though, as relying on subtext and and Psych and philosophy humor might be alienating the Average Joe Sixpack crowd.

>relying on existential nihilism is a GOOD THING

>rick and morty has "thinky humor"

>a ton of "effort" went into these scripts

>maintaining balance

>relying on a subtext of psyche and philosophy humor