Why were the japs so rude?

Why were the japs so rude?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion

>invade their country and preach some christcuck bullshit no one gives about a rat's ass about
Gee I wonder

To be fair, imagine Japan's position. A bunch of foreigners have been strong arming you for years, on top of trying to spread a foreign religion to replace your own. Then on top of that, converts are causing disorder (Shimabara Rebellion). I'm not exactly saying that the Christian converts were "wrong" to fight the government persecuting them, but no converts=no "need" to persecute.

>Why were the japs so rude?

They were at the receiving end of the most humbling event in the history of mankind

The movie is set centuries before the nukes, during the portuguese presence in Japan

Japs are actually not even human. They have no empathy at all

Whitey needed to fuck off from their islands

christianity is a religion of peace

Because when taught honestly by intelligent people (Jesuits) Christianity makes the poor uppity and causes class uprisings

they're cucks

>Invade

What?

watching this movie made me glad we niked those soulless chanks

They need to go back to earthrealm

This. Can't have the peasants revolting

Because a bunch of spics showed up and wouldn't shut up

is it strange that I sided with the Japanese wanting to defend their traditional religion? no it's not is it

they were only white men in yellowface.

I wouldve loved this movie much more if Benecio Del Toro and DDL were portraying the priests. Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver's accents ruined things a bit and they look like little kids to boot.

This film was pure christcuck propaganda. The true history was the Catholics were forcing people to convert and invading temples and repurposing them as churches.

they didn't want immigrants coming in and fucking up their way of life with their bullshit religion and culture.

What was the point of this movie? It didn't really do anything better than the 1971 adaptation besides just looking newer

They hadn't been strong arming them. At that point in history Japan would have gotten wrecked if any western power had seriously wanted war.

One must never forget, that those who invade other's homes and try to spread their bullshit beliefs are good guys. And if you try to oppose it - you're a petty evil barbarian, who doesn't belong in a beautiful new world.

Did it do anything worse?
Cause if not people paint their houses all the time.

This poster is fat and ugly

you can still hate them for shit like the Rape of Nanking

Chinese propaganda that never happened.

their way of life,religion and culture were all inferior and got fucked up anyway

C'mon, man! Don't you believe that all the nations who lost the war just happened to be full of evil maniacs who skinned men alive and eat babies for dinner?

No it's fine.

Both the christians and the japanese are portrayed badly - it's a good lesson on extremes. The christians were wrong for trying to force their religion but the japs were wrong for not allowing a few people to peacefully practice christianity. People generally don't like compromise because that means giving up your pride, which is expressed in a microcosm with Garfield's whole issue

because they knew the west would destroy their culture

such a small penis

>tfw Maria I keeps sending wave after wave of missionaries to convert your proud Shinto cities until you have divert faith towards inquisitors to remove them and eventually declare war just to start killing them off

All the Catholic traits were garbage too.

doesn't matter

this

Around the same time, Philippines quickly became a Spanish colony because of the missionaries.

Japan didn't want that to happen to them.

I don't know.

I find myself being absolutely fine with supporting rebels and the government in most historical cases. For instance, the American rebellion from Britain. I absolutely support the founding principles of the USA, but I also know the Britain had to fight rebels and they were perfectly in their right to do it.

>no one gives about a rat's ass about
>literally crucify the missionaries and furiously stomping out a christian rebellion is 'no one gives about a rat's ass about'

keklel

God electrocutes, burns, explodes and otherwise smites those who don't follow his instructions correctly according to dogma.

I know you were just trolling though.

>civcuck
come on boy

Chinks are soulless bugmen. Even if the rape of Nanking really happened the victims aren't really human and don't matter.

>it's an "attila forward settles you on turn 12 somehow" episode

I think it's a very morally complex film, with no real right answers. The Christians trying to influence the minds and souls of Japanese natives by coming to their shores and preaching on their homeland are really presumptuous and potentially cancerous to Japanese culture. But on the other hand the violence with which the Tokugawa Shogunate responded to these invaders, as well as their own civilians was completely out of line and unnecessarily brutal. It's hard to pick a side which is why I liked it.