Should assisted suicide and euthanasia be legal?

Should assisted suicide and euthanasia be legal?

>Pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SWWkUzkfJ4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. I'd do it tomorrow

Only fear stops me from taking the last bits of life out of this already rotten carcass

It should be mandatory to all muslims.

Why don't you go pleasure seeking then

>only for useless parasites

...libtards on or not on wellfare

Alcohol is my only pleasure. The void is too great without it

Certainly. The ability to end one's life with dignity should be a universal right.

Hell on earth is watching someone suffer beyond the range of pain medication for months while their own body consumes itself with cancer from the inside out because the person in charge of care can't allow anything save hospice treatment.

Or having one's mind eroded away by dementia/Alzheimer's, etc. When quality of life declines enough to be intolerable, you should have the right to leave it behind.

no guns are already legal

the medical community doing it will just lead to more wierd shit like mandatory death at age 50 or right when u retire or right when u need life support.

The real question is what the justification is for it being illegal. There really isn't one beyond "muh feels".

>WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

it's called STOP EATING AND DIE
dont expect to conscript someone else into being a murderer just because you can't shoot yourself or quit drinking water.

And why can't I ask for a lethal dose of painkillers, instead?

Also, legally speaking even that isn't an option in many places, as it's considered suicide and force-feeding is the result.

For terminal patients: yes.
For psychological reasons: no.

For the elderly or terminally ill, yes.

>have 96yr old grandmother
>alzheimers for 6+ yrs
>doesn't know who anyone is anymore
>bedridden
>healthy otherwise

before she went full-memory less, she wanted us to put her out of her misery if things ever got bad. There's no legal way to do that, so all the money that she invested and saved during her working life is going towards keeping her in a home for advanced alzheimer patients. There's no end in sight.

>>For psychological reasons: no.
It's my life, not yours. What right do you have to say that I shouldn't be able to end it? What do the reasons matter?

>why can't i ask you to give me a deadly drug and not grow it myself?

because you're the devil and if you want to end your life, do it yourself.

i've worked with patients like that as a cna in a nursing home. they don't remember shit but they're still alert and can smile, laugh, taste food, and be happy, if the aide is good. don't expect me to give her a kill pill just because she doesn't remember you.

oh i forgot. nursing homes are ending western civilization because they end property inheritance, as you so keenly see.

Hey he may have murdered 200 old biddies, but he sorted my dad's piles proper. I'll not hear a word against him.

I'm talking about state-assisted suicide.
Just kill yourself if you want to. It's easy enough to do.

Why does the state forcibly attempt to save the lives of people who attempt suicide? Why do they force-feed people who refuse to eat? Why do they put people in mental institutions and restrain them if they think they're suicide risks?

Why shouldn't I be able to buy a cyanide pill to do it?

tax $
make ur own cyanide

It's legal here, and it should be everywhere.
Your life, your choice.

Religion is never an excuse for legality. Given a terminal outlook, why can't I skip the "living in agony for a month" part and go straight to dying in peace?

Why can I not opt to safely, humanely terminate my own life in a timely manner when my body is about to surrender it's capable to care for itself in any way, shape or form? People will stretch out suffering for months or years in the name of medicine despite a no-win situation, yet refuse to end torture with the same science.

Oh, and should I grow ALL my medicine if you don't like it?

>tax $
Who said the government has to pay for it?

The government doesn't have to pay a cent. Or at least not a cent more than they already do, in places with publicly-funded healthcare. All they have to do is tell doctors "We won't prosecute you if a person wants to commit suicide, and you write him a prescription for a lethal medication".

Death should be as reliable as any other form of medicine.

A botched suicide is the stuff of nightmare fuel for right-to-death supporters, and it happens. Far too often.

Yes only for the terminal ill and no chances of living

just like conscripting a pharmacist to give u a baby kill pill, asking someone to produce for you a kill pill is infact conscription.
nothing to do with religion. i simply did not become a medical professional to end lives.

Yes, but you must donate your organs

Then have something like the religious-belief exemption. Say that you can decline to provide this service on moral or religious grounds, but only if you provide a referral to someone who will.

How do people get so fat? Do they gubble down a oil drum of lard or something?

>be cripple from head down
>100% rely on others to feed you
>they stop
>they are now murderers

courts in usa and canada have already denied pharmacists a religious exemption to birth control.
i didnt bring religion into this either.

support or kill your own family, you pussy coward don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Thank you

>helping someone to die painlessly is immoral
>they should be forced to endure an agonising death stretched out over many weeks if not months

Also, if you have the ability to shoot yourself then you're probably not the person that needs assisted suicide seeing as you can still move yourself around and use your arms.
The people that want help in committing suicide need help for a reason you stupid cunt.

It is. Just work for the Clinton's, and you are assured to commit suicide.

>support or kill your own family

But that's exactly what he wants to ability to do?

>tfw med student and saw a little girl with leukemia

I can't imagine her final moments. It'd be a thousand times more humane to let her go comfortably to sleep one last time.

yeah but they didn't ask for it from shipman

There's only one angel of death

No. We need people to continue living so they can continue paying taxes.

fuck, that's probably why they don't allow it, isn't it. The state has to squeeze every last drop. Disgusting.

Fuck off! Who is going to buy all the nice medicine we developed? Do you really want to steal billions from the pharma industry? You are a bad person.

>I am financially invested in having your granny continue to live for another few years against her explicit wishes

Ok.

Based Harold Shipman. If only you'd killed more, we would've have voted for Brexit.

if you want to die, just try to attack an american cop, dont annoy people by changing the fucking law

Yes. If humans should have any single right it should be the right to end their lives. If you cannot even kill yourself are you even a person?

sick

>conscript
Whose being conscripted?

Assisted suicide and euthanasia should be allowed for terminally ill patients, or patients with unbearable pain and no hope of improvement.

>hurr durr doctors are supposed to heal not kill

So have someone else - anyone - do it. It's not that fucking hard, just give them some training. Hell, I would have no trouble doing it. Besides, loads of doctors will be willing to anyway, and loads of doctors do it in secret.

There is something very sadistic about forcing people to live out a few extra days in suffering, humiliation and despair because of your fucking sanctity of life or whatever.

Yes.

I don't see why not.

>For psychological reasons: no.

>Lost my legs to an IED
>Living in poverty
>Jobless
>Family doesn't care about me
>Friendless
LOL you have to live with it because its wrong to kill people who aren't in physical pain.

THIS.

youtu.be/SWWkUzkfJ4M

If you starve someone to death you're a callous fucking cunt that deserves prison. Help them along with a massive OD of barbs and diamorphine at their request and you prove your worth as a compassionate human being.

Why should dogs have it better than humans?

Absolutely. As long as the individual is capable of consenting then assisted suicide should be legal. There is no decision more personal than a life or death decision, nobody has any right interfering with it, as long as the person making the decision is of sound mind.

As for euthanasia, you would have to differentiate since there are very different cases when it comes to euthanasia. Killing a man who is incurably ill but no longer capable of communicating his wishes is very different from killing a newborn baby with the parent's consent because it is born with a disability, but there is room for both under the right circumstances.