Falling on deaf ears

Something is wrong.
People are too rigid. You all in particular.

It was the rebirth Action Comics 1 storytime where Supes and Lex had a scuffle.
It was good Jurgens popcorn fun. It was also when I realized that Sup Forums has non- meme non-Sup Forums autism.
You were all turning on it for Supes apparently "getting aggressive too fast" or some such nonsense.
It was a case of extreme not muh over something unspeakably minuscule.

That is why people don't like BvS.
it's either-

>not muh (Sup Forums)
or
>not fun (Sup Forums and the Public)

There is no case, none AT ALL, for BvS being a bad film as taken on it's own merits.

>muh grimdark
not an argument
>muh killer bats
Burton says hello. And early comics, but you guys just say not muh for that one too.
>muh sad supes
It's a grim world Supes inhabits in this movie, so expecting him to be chipper is laughable. Nevertheless- He smiled when entering his apartment, he smiled when saving the Mexican girl, he smirked when fighting Batman when he found he got his powers back, he smiled when he saved Lois and so on.

I'm doing this for you guys- we have a short time on this planet. Enjoy good things while you can.

>Enjoy good things while you can.
So, stay away from shit like BvS?

>. It was also when I realized that Sup Forums has non- meme non-Sup Forums autism.
Hold it user, unless you a doctor how's run actual tests, your use of the word "autism" will always be Sup Forums meme autism. Why is it so hard for you to just say something like "Sup Forums is too stupid to understand the movie", why do you have to resort to buzzwords? As for the rest of your argument, it's pretty sound and I respect you for that.

Man Of Steel was a terrible adaptation of Superman.

But it would have been a great Martian Manhunter story.

But Batman V Superman had absolutely abysmal editing, and EisenLuthor would be a terrible villain no matter what movie you put him in. He's post-Unbreakable Shamwow tier hammy and awkward.

It was garbage, Snyder. Just go to bed.

It's been 6 months nigga, fucking get over it.

Because people NEED dramatic examples to shale the mout of apathy. t. Bruce Wayne

wew I fucked that up

Are you ok?

>Enjoy good things while you can.
I do
but I didn't enjoy this movie

you can try as hard as you can to force your opinions on people but when it comes down to it people didnt like this movie for the things you stated

yes batman kills tons of people
yes its grimdark
and yes superman is depressed as fuck in the movie
but saying stupid shit like BUT ITS SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THAT doesnt mean people have to like it

reading is hard

Writing is hard for OP, more like

phoneposter pls

Who calls their mom by her first name?

The movie sucked dick because they had to do a post credit DVD edit in order for any of it to make sense.

They literally saw a problem and decided

BUY THE BLU RAY

Wait, doesn't the special edition have that weird ass scene with Lex praying to an alien in the ship? How does that make any sense?

>Batman says "I bet your parents taught you etc..."
Supes would not then try to play for sympathy with something that Bruce has already mocked.

It made perfect sense in the theater, idiot.

This scene was just for plebs who couldn't into Lex's devil allusions.

>>muh killer bats
>Burton says hello. And early comics, but you guys just say not muh for that one too.

I have less problem with a killer Batman, but all you're doing is comparing BvS to other things that handled a killer Batman more consistently and didn't need people to come up with headcanon where they claim Batman became a killer after Jason died yet didn't go kill the Joker.

> it made perfect sense in the theatre

Which justifies why they had to FIX IT in the DVD.

>Which justifies why they had to FIX IT in the DVD.

No. I saw it in theaters. It made sense.
Clearly they thought so too as the Blu Ray has a disc for each version of the film.

>Man of Steel was a terrible adaptation of Superman
>MUH ALL-STAR

>It made sense but I can't explain why without making shit up

Uh huh

>MUH ALL-STAR
>Ignoring how he said Eisenberg was a terrible Luthor
>ignoring the part where he said it had a terrible ending
>B-BUT HE WAS GOING M-MUH ALL-STAR

Pack it up, OP.

OP, what's with the weird stream of consciousness-style writing going on?

>It wasn't broken which is why they felt a need to fix it

Makes perfect sense. All cape films comes with 2 versions in the dvd release

That wasn't me though.

You seem eager to end this thread.

Not trying to be hostile, but what do you mean? It's not like you explained your claim either.
I only said that I followed it in the theater just fine.

high on believing.

user, at the end of the day, even when people GOT the story, they just didn't like it. I don't think all the poetry and allusions to Excalibur can fix that. People didn't enjoy the movie, they thought it was bad. Or, enough of them did that this has become the general consensus.

I have some experience with crowd-pleasers vs difficult works, so I know a little bit about what Snyder's going through. But at the end of the day people are going to like what they like and hate what they hate, and there's not much we can do about that.

>That wasn't me though.

Sure thing phoneposter

I thought people would listen more if I wrote it a little less Sup Forums-standard.

>The Lord of The rings extended cuts
>the Watchmen extended versions
etc

why am I replying

BvS was a bad film before it was a bad comic book films.

I agree with that other stuff, though.

I just think MoS was a pretty serviceable adaptation of the MoS comic and that people who think ASS is the definitive Superman are annoying as shit.

Nigger, get over it already. There's nothing wrong if you enjoyed BvS, but stop acting like one of those religious zealots when it comes to this movie. You're not going to convert anyone to the religion of BvS, a lot of people just didn't enjoy it.

Why does that affect you so much? Are you unable to enjoy shit unless everyone else agrees with you? I liked X-Men Apocalypse and Iron Man 3, but I'm not throwing autistic fits when someone shits on them and I'm certainly not writing essays zealously defending them 6 months after their release. This is pure autism at this point.

>Are you unable to enjoy shit unless everyone else agrees with you?

>I'm doing this for you guys- we have a short time on this planet. Enjoy good things while you can.

It's as simple as the fact that we have a film better than TDK, and people refuse to see it.

I don't have any delusions about shit movies being shit.
Green Lantern was pretty shit.
IM2 was pretty shit.

The fact is, this movie almost a masterpiece.

Fuck off back to DC Cinematic.

>I just think MoS was a pretty serviceable adaptation of the MoS comic

Confirmed for not reading comics

I've never been to reddit for more than five minutes in my life.

This boogeyman shit you've been doing lately is old hat.
Why is Sup Forums always so behind the curve on the hip memes?

For your sake, I hope you're trolling.

Man of Steel was great
BvS was fucking spectacular. Loved that movie

not that guy but
>what is Superman: Earth One

>inb4 hurr a shit comic

no u

well it adpted MoS about as much as the Civil War movie adapted Civil War

So almost not at all?

it got the major strokes/character arc down, trimmed the fat, and made the big moment (killing zod/cap and iron man's final fight) much better than in the original source material.

user, if you think BvM is a good movie, do me this favor. Explain Meme!Lex's motivation. Do you understand what he was trying? I don't. But apparently since I'm autistic and incapable of grasping complex character motives like you are maybe you could explain it to me.
>I'm going to stop Superman who I don't like by unleashing an unstoppable rage monster, and then once he's dead I'm going to.... well it's gonna be pretty awesome!
Give me the non-autists understanding of what Lex was trying to accomplish.

I'll explain, but only if you confirm that you aren't a pissposter.

What the hell is a pissposter? Is that like a shitposter but piss instead?
I'm not meme'ing, I want to hear your over-elabate justification of such a convoluted and seemingly senseless plan.

Like I can understand him setting him up to fight batman to prove their justice hypocritical, but don't see at all what he has to gain by creating a monster he cannot stop from the body of a warlord that almost destroyed the planet.

Lex was just trying to prove that superman can't be all good and all powerful. Which is literally the main point of the movie. Its what everyone is grappling with, Batman, the public, Lex, and even Superman. Batman keeps saying "if there is even a 1% chance we gotta kill him!" also not believing he can be all good, that that much power must eventually corrupt him. Lex is convinced of as much and wants to prove it.

He does this be both constantly discrediting Superman (framing him in the middle east, the explosion at the senate) in an attempt to get Batman and the public to turn on him. He then also capture his mom to force him to fight Batman as somewhat of a diversion so he could make Doomsday.

Lex's thinking is that either Superman kills Batman, proving he isn't all good, or Batman kills Superman, proving he isn't all powerful. But Lex doesn't really give a shit because regardless of the outcome he will create his own Superman (Doomsday) that will itself either kill Superman (again proving Superman isn't all powerful) or will just rampage around, more powerful than Superman and not good at all, while also probably forcing the government to fund Lexcorp's kryptonite weapons.

Lex was thinking that regardless of what happened he was gunna win. He would either prove Superman is not all powerful, or that Superman is not all good. And he succeeded because Superman died (but know as the audience that Superman will indeed come back and prove Lex wrong).

You see user: Your answer is your question and your question.

He wants the Bat to fight the Supes because he is you, he wants to understand the meaning of such a fight, he needs it to happen to sit back and deconstruct it months later.

LEX IS AUTISM THE DEVIL

End Snyder.exe

Or its a piece of shit with inexplicable character motivations all over the place. You pick your poison.

>>That is why people don't like BvS
Two words.

Bad Alfred.

It's unforgivable.

Dank pasta m8

Also to add to my point, its a step of reconstructing the Superman myth. If you think about MoS as starting at the most deconstructed level of Superman (ie a superman type person existing in the real world) with him just wondering around doing shit with his powers, and he gets progressively more heroic and absolute in his ideals and goodness as MoS and BvS go on. But the world, a parallel to our world in which we don't believe anyone can actually be all good and all powerful, refuses to accept it until Superman sacrifices himself to prove it (at least the all good part), helping to reconstruct the idea of the superhero.

Kinda cool desu senpais.

Yo m8, you gotta realize hate is always louder than love. Like 9/10 people that hate something will post about it, but only like 1/10 of people that like something will post about it, especially if they already have before. Its easier to repeat and meme hate for something, but it becomes kind of pointless to try and argue with the haters and tell them you love it. Most people that like it just let the haters hate.

That's about what I expect from these movies now.

The best part about Lex (and the film) is the Kirby stuff.

The whole film is packed to the brim with Darksied and Apokolips references, both visual and spoken.

When we watch Lex and Senator Finch talk, Lex goes on about this painting he has (pic related). Notice the top of the painting. A black hole. The hole in things.
He talks about how "Devil's don't come from hell beneath us, they come from the sky"
and at the end of the film when Bats visits Lex in prison, Lex says something close to (I forgot the EXACT wording)
"It's too late, the bell's been rung. Out there in the dark, among the stars, they're heard it- and they're coming.

Lex has been in contact with Apokalips through the crashed ship.

This stuff as well is why I love the film.

>reconstructing
>deconstructing
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're from around these parts, so a lil tip, usin those two words doesn't booster your credibility or argument here
They're pretty vapid words which don't have any real meaning
Even your explanation of the term as "a type person existing in the real world" is pretty laudable

Devils*
Fuck I proof read that littel 3 times.

but im using the terms 100% correctly and not vapidly at all. I even directly refer to the character they are deconstructing.

>and he gets progressively more heroic and absolute in his ideals and goodness
Ahahahah you're really blowing out your ass aren't you? This is the strongest criticism against Synder superman.
He's not heroic or good nor does he live up to any ideals, and he never comes any closer in either movie.

>so destroyed he has to swing his big oldfag cred dick around

>He's not heroic or good nor does he live up to any ideals, and he never comes any closer in either movie.
>I didn't watch either movie

You people are utterly insane.
I mean it.
Not just trying to insult you as we do here- there is actually something very very wrong with you.

but he keep saving us all despite how we refuse to accept how heroic he is (just like you are doing). Like you are literally the "public" that is portrayed in BvS. You just refuse to believe he is a hero despite all of his heroic actions, despite him constantly saving people for no reason other than to do it. What does he have to do to prove to you he just wants to save us? Die for us?

this post gave me a fuck yeah moment

No you aren't.
You're using tv tropes buzz words. I don't even think you understand what they mean beyond "They're so deep and gritty and realistic!" or a trope being used differently than it usually is.

Saying anything is deconstructed is paradoxical, because all things are inherently deconstructive and paradoxical in itself. If you study categorical imperatives of absolute truth and particulars vs universals it makes sense, but deconstuction is a term co-opt by literary faggots to try to promote something as 2deep5u obscured from it's original context.

Saying that a persons from another website isn't oldfag cred. If you go lmao like dis movie if you ain't gay XD and speak in niggerspeak lol people are going to pelt you a little.

>replying to the wrong post out of blind rage at the idea of someone having better taste than you

Killing ZOD wasn't heroic.
Destroying that guys truck wasn't good or just.
Fucking up American Military satellites that we need to defend ourselves just because of some made up reason isn't ideal at all.

Just because he's given a shitty montage of him saving people from a flood and doing generic hero antics doesn't boister his heroism or growth in the movie.

I think you're really stretching here user.

see
It's painfully obvious that you didn't read his post.

>this post gave me a fuck yeah moment
See what I mean here^?
These read like someone fresh out of facebook or TvTurds and you're pretty clearly not native if you cannot see that.

Zod forced him to kill him. Zod literally wasnt going to stop until he killed him. Zod said as much. And that happened in Byrne's MoS, and unlike in that mini-series, Superman actually learned from it.

The truck was definitely insured, on top of it being a law in America that you HAVE to get insurance for your car to drive it, all commercial trucks are insured for everything. And the guy was being a jerk, standing up to jerks is pretty heroic man. Like in the donner movies when he beats up the jerk in the bar, or action comics #1 where he ruins the mobster's car.

The drone was spying on him. Drones are already in a morally grey area, but they are unmanned and just plastic and metal and shit. We have tons of them and can make tons more like nothing. Spying was the really unethical thing desu, especially since they had no reason to.

>being positive and happy means reddit

Isn't summer over?

>Y-y-you must not have read!
This wanking argument practically needs a fallacy of it's own.

>and he gets progressively more heroic and absolute in his ideals and goodness as MoS and BvS go on
To which I stated, he clearly didn't. Just going into glorious battles to stop hulk monsters doesn't denote a clear character arc. But seriously
>Helping to reconstruct the idea of the superhero.
Stop being so pretentious.

Is that a trope you're fond of using? "F'Yeah Moment'? No one says that.

>Stop being so pretentious.

this is why you fail
thanks for playing

>THIS asspained over a display of positivity

stop being so pretentious

>WAAAAH, STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE!

>the car is insured so it's ok
Top kek, gotta give it to Snyderfags, at least they're funny.

Explain why the logic is flawed.

Those motives are still incredibly dumb. He was trying to prove that Superman wasn't god? No shit. What kind of loser fedorafag would go through such lengths just to win a mediocre argument or prove a point that only you yourself ever cared about. Superman knows he's not god, and he already proved the "not all good" part when he killed Zod and not "all powerful" part when he failed to save thousands of people in the destruction the city felt.

Autist Lex's plan was extremely anal-pained.
I'm not even sure whether it's dumber than Kevin Spacey's Superman Returns evil plot, but it's a pretty close contender.

I honestly think that synder was way too concerned with all the symbolism and deep4u stuff that he just forgot to make a good movie with a narrative that makes sense and believable, likeable characters in the process. It's okay to have depth, but you have to cover your bases first.

>Snyder wrote this movie
tip top lol

Everything you're saying just sounds like a superman fanboy's sympathetic justifications.

It's one thing if you want to be a hard pragmatist when it comes to killing Zod, but you don't get to claim that you're fostering this big idealistic hero at the same time. You either go for heroic neutral or- actually reading the rest of your post I don't even think it warrants a serious response.

>And the guy was being a jerk, standing up to jerks is pretty heroic man.
>Spying was the really unethical thing desu, especially since they had no reason to.
>A true hero hits back, let's'em have it! And they get to decide what's unethical even when people are just protecting themselves
Your idea of a heroic person sounds pretty shitty and child-like, desu.

Remember in the old Richard Donner supes Clark Kent is robbed at gunpoint and shows humility and heroism by not abusing his strength or making a scene? Subtle traits like that are completely absent in Synder-verse.

When will the meme that this film was competent die

If you have had literally any exposure to film outside of capeshit and modern Disney you would see that it is a total mess

>Donner
>Subtle

'kek'

>tip top lol
At this point you're trolling man, give it up. You're not going to get my goose with that anymore.

>A guy is a big wet meanie >:C
>I know, I'll destroy his truck which he needs to work and live out of a petty display of power, showing my temperance, humility and self-control, that'll show him!
>Psst nothin personal kid
Really?

>There is no case, none AT ALL, for BvS being a bad film as taken on it's own merits.

That's completely false. The plot is a mess, and takes one hour of random things to get somewhere. We see a bad actress trying to nail a shitty written Lois Lane getting more screentime of the fucking Superman, Lex Luthor is awful and the plan doesn't make sense. There are scenes totally disjointed from the plot who exists only for continuity reasons, and that taken alone they don't mean anything. Characterizations are so bad if it wasn't for the names and the constumes I would have some problem at identify the characters. Killer bats (yeah even Burton's is shit), gloomy Superman and Expressionless Woman are signs of an horrid work in the screeplay department. Snyder can't direct for shit, it made this movie seem an high budget school work. I know people new to directing who would have done a much better work.
And you know? The worst part is that this movie is boring.

It is a failure, and Sup Forums should accept it or talk about it in their board. Because here on Sup Forums we are sick of this shitty half assed excuse for a movie. Can we forget this disaster and go back reading comics? DC Rebirth is doing well.

/thread.

>If you have had literally any exposure to film outside of capeshit and modern Disney you would see that it is a work of art

ftfy

>The worst part is that this movie is boring.

Why does every naysayer without fail reveal themselves to be a pleb?

>/threading your own post

>Lex Luthor is awful and the plan doesn't make sense
We already explained it here
Maybe you're just mentally deficient and your autism cannot stop your black and white thinking to see the complexity of this artistic movie.

Can Sup Forumstards get their own /mlp/ so they could leave this board alone, please?

>Maybe you're just mentally deficient and your autism cannot stop your black and white thinking to see the complexity of this artistic movie.
And here's your response. Two can play this game. And thanks for calling one person mentally deficent because he finds fault in your trophy movie.

Now you can go to your home

Your linked post doesn't refute his.
You're an idiot.

You know you have to be at least 18 to browse Sup Forums?

If it is any meaning for you it's time to read a book or watch a decent movie in your life. Or, you know, you can read a comic.

>this movie is a masterpiece
here's your (You)

>progressively more heroic
>gives zero shits about people in metropolis and instead proceeds to beatdown zod
i found a hole in your theory fampei
nani
nani nai

>almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost >almost

>hurr what was happening when he killed Zod

>You know you have to be at least 18 to browse Sup Forums?
Then why are you here?

The more often I see BvS defended in these verbose ways, the more I get the feeling that film as a medium is dying.

Fucking hell, I need to watch something by Tarkovsky, Kurosawa or Lubitch or something to remember that we used to have such promise.

OP, please stop being a cancer to humanity and stop propping up capeshit.

>Kurosawa
the capeshit of his day
fuck off