Dofus/Wakfu thread

Thursday again!

Handy list of links:
pastebin.com/pnixYFQ4

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/XaGueuzav
naokiaraiza.tumblr.com/post/148870814957/from-concept-to-final-animation-1-it-all-starts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zavier's been active recently

twitter.com/XaGueuzav

Did someone say ravioli day ?

Yes

Hoping for a villian as great as Nox was for S3

I hope that OC faggot doesn't show up

Nox didn't do nothing wrong.

Ok, lately I've been catching up with: the animated series (Wakfu and Dofus plus specials, Wakfu Mini and Maxi-mini), the oavs, movies, the wakfu manga and some comic.

This franchise sure is huge, but the fact that it's still barely humanly possible to vision everything of it makes my autistic completionism quite strong.

At the moment I just need to read the other mangas and the rest of the comics.
Would I miss anything after that extremely big amount of stuff, except for the games and hours of sleep?

I know Adamaï isn't a favorite but I hope he has some redemption even if he goes out a villain.

That and I hope he gets out of his teen rebel phase and starts using a human form.

Lilotte is for sex

Amalia sure is clumsy in the manga!
I mean, look at how many times she falls.

All hail Evangelyne's child-bearing hips of justice

The fact that if box's plan had worked everything bad he did would have been undone is part of the reason he is great. You can't blame the guy for wanting to see his family again, its what drives alot of heros

The fact that him and yugo will be in there late twenties in S3.

I hope we get something of Chibi, he's only like a year older than Eva's kids. You'd think the 3 of them would be buddies

Really need to catch up on this show. Loved it to death, but I haven't seen anything since s2

Like he didn't start hitting that once they all moved in as a family. Mom and dad need some alone time, while the kittens sleep

Adamai did nothing wrong

You only 3 OVAs and a dofus movie that gives good back story. Best catch up while your not to far behind

Not that I know of, this might help though, I'm not too into the Wakfu/Dofus world

Watch the Dofus movie before the OVAs.
Also, It would be advised to watch the Dofus series even earlier, to know the characters better, but it's not a big deal if you don't want to: Dofus really differs very much from Wakfu, and it's for the most a humorous slice of life.

Anyone got a list of those essential Dofus episodes to see before watching the Movie?

51 most important. (presents Atcham)
47 for the ending scene with Lilotte (or a version of her, I'm still not 100% sure)
45 origin of Luis
40 some insight on the complicated relationship between Ecaflip and Keke
extras:
20 origin of Keke's and Bashi's relationship and some extra Ecaflip and Keke interactions
3 another Ecaflip and Keke episode
Ecaflip City: 27-29

just did a fast lookup on all episodes and this should be it.

Thank you so much babe

I'll watch those and then go for the movie. Ankama taking the Dofus playlist off Youtube sort of put me off but I wasn't enjoying it all that much anyway. It might be partly because I just want to watch the movie and each episode more like a step to get there rather than just watching for the fun of it.

Not that I've got anyone to blame, I've had 2 or 3 years to watch Dofus now and never have

Thanks, I like lists.
Yep, I was taking a long time to make my list too, but this should do it... despite the nature of the show that might vary this list a bit according to personal points of view.
Good work though, user

I also strongly advise you to see also the Ogrest short movie.
Just not to wonder who's that blue aired guy that just appears in the OVAs and what the fuck is the deal with that whole Ogrest story.

>I hope we get something of Chibi, he's only like a year older than Eva's kids. You'd think the 3 of them would be buddies
True, he and Grougal didn't do much in the OAVs.
For the buddy thing, I'm not sure if they live near enought.
Maybe.
But someone needed to stop Ogrest sooner or later, it would be terrible to live knowing there might be another accidental mass genocide at a random point in the future.

You mean besides kill millions of people and destroy entire countries.

>You can't blame the guy for wanting to see his family again
You can. Wanting to see his family again is one thing, going on a genocidal rampage over it is another. Nox was a great villain, but this meme that killing millions of people so he can see his family again, when it's his own fault they left him, is justified, needs to die. Nox had no idea his plan would work, and Nox himself stated he didn't care about all the people he has killed even if his plan didn't work.

There is only a tiny shred of goodness left in Nox, the part of him that genuinely loves his family. The rest is evil and madness.

Not shitting on the character, he's actually one of my favorite villains in general, and when Wakfu was first airring, I regarded him as one of the best villains in any recent media at the time.

>grown up Lilotte
I M P O R T A N T

It was not completely his fault either: the cube's influence was probably an important reason for his insanity.

Accurate enough.
For some reason I think that the comic would work better if the cubes had no face.

Good luck with that. Nox was perfect.

Joris better have tapped that bitch before she died.

That OVA was bullshit. She's thirsty as fuck for the Eliadick, appearances be damned.

If she does grow that tall, it's going to be Yugo and Amalia all over again

Difference being that Jojo isn't a totally useless faggot

She's just become better at hiding her emotion as expected from a princess, but that doessn't mean that her thirst disappeared.
You can also notice that when she talks with the others.
I've found that kind of depressing, actually.
Like, it makes sense for her character to evolve in that direction, but it just feels so wrong after having known her true self.

Probably many others have already posted this, but it's the first time that I see it.
I didn't expect to laught.

That and Lilotte isn't an uppity bitch. She's a slum dog, so she'll get whatever she can find.

He had the perfect plan and still lost. He succeeded and immediately failed.

Why didn't Nox just use the same book Julith did to revive his family? Why did he trust an alien cube to get the task done?

Cause he didn't know black Huppermagic.

Well he should have figured it out.

Like, maybe he didn't know about it's existence.
I mean, Bakara didn't, and she was an Huppermage herself.

Why will s3 be just 13 episodes long?

No boufball

Boufball was not that bad, but regardless the problem here is that it took three episodes each season, so we still have ten plot episodes less.

No, there will be, and it'll take up almost a quarter of the series.

The season 4 will be some Space Jam-tier bullshit where Yugo and co. have to fight the Mechasms in an intergalactic game of boufball

That would be true if all non-Boufbowl episodes furthered the plot. I think we can expect a lot less fucking around with random antagonists. If they really need to meet all the gods, that's already more than one dimensional travel per episode assuming they won't start until we're 2-3 episodes in, and we still need other scenes for villain exposition and the finale.

>The season 4 will be some Space Jam-tier bullshit where Yugo and co. have to fight the Mechasms in an intergalactic game of boufball
Fuck it, I'm in.

Good
Lord

There are some others too

More Xa

Does Xa still work with Ankama on Wakfu/Dofus?

He was there for the movie which wasn't long ago, right?

Yeah, but he's the concept artist behind pretty much any important character. He posted one of the designs he made while researching for Feca's definitive appearance in Krosmaga.
In one of his lastest replies on twitter he said he keeps drawing random stuff and the Lilotte drawing was actually pretty old but he hadn't got the time to scan it until now, so he's probably too busy with work to show anything, and most of his work is confidential.

>naokiaraiza.tumblr.com/post/148870814957/from-concept-to-final-animation-1-it-all-starts
And here we see that he also drew the concept art for animations in the Dofus film, so I guess he's probably doing the same for the new Wakfu season, along with making the Krosmaga god designs, maybe even still working on the playable Ouginak designs too.
Xa is a busy man

Bakara also failed Huppermage school and was promoted only because of her brother and the anniversary of his death.

I wanna fuck the pupper

Do you think her favorite position is doggystyle?

That's still more than a simple clockmaker who lived away from civilization and couldn't really do much magic before getting the eliacube.
And even then, Huppermages are a secretive sect so you'd need to be pretty damn powerful and ressourceful to find out about that book from hundreds of years ago. Which Nox wasn't until much later on, where he had already reached the point of no return.

>secretive
they literally allow anyone to study there

no he didnt
its been stated numerous times that if he succeeded in going back in time he would have destroyed the universe

Nice.
What this guy said.
Also, Nox was putting all of his efforts on his time rewind idea, that he was pretty sure it would work using the eliacube, that also "spoke" to him "saying that it would work" or some schizophrenic thing like that.
Also, time was his natural field being a xelor clockmaker and again, he didn't have any reason to abandon his path to randomly look for something he didn't even know existed.

I want that niggas artbook

But he did go back in time. 20 minutes back to be precise. Therefore, he succeeded, but then immediately failed because the Cube ran out of juice.

Anyone know who did the art for the Nox special?

I loved looking at it

Probably the people listed in the episode credits.

I think it was Madhouse or something. I heard a rumor once that it was.

Given how rare that kind of knowledge would be, imagine how more rare it would be given Ogrest Chaos. All of that land destroyed and flooded.

Good thing he had 200 years to do whatever he wanted. Probably could have rediscovered that knowledge with enough researching and resources.

In fact if I was a quasi-immortal being hellbent on the resurrection of my family my first objective would probably be finding other immortal creatures to learn about what knowledge existed on the subject prior to the flood. So yeah, first stop would be a trip to Bonta and Joris' house.

Found it, it's art was by Masaaki Yuasa and animated by studio Madhouse

It looked great
>and there are more euro-japanese animation collabs than ever
>even fucking Ghibli did it
I never thought I would see this be a thing but I want it to continue

I know Ankama and Studio 4-C are doing a project together, not Dofus/Wakfu related

Hyped as fuck for that

except his plan wasnt perfect
not only did he not have enough energy to go back the time he wanted to but it AGAIN would have destroyed the universe

Uh, she's been in love with a lot of male characters, this isn't something new with Yugo.

>she's been in love with a lot of male characters
No, she's just wanted to fuck them. Promiscuous little flower that one

Pupper is not for sexual.

Then why does she act so sexual in the movie

she acts like a pupper user

and also like a young girl

exactly

so very

very

sexual

I bet if you smeared peanut butter on your balls she'd lick it off.

Goddamn I love that art

I want to stick my bone in that pupper

Not sure if too late, but I would add episodes 1 and 2 (introduces most characters) and episode 52 (explains why they are in Bonta in the movie)

So can the Eliacube actually talk? I was playing the demo of Islands of Wakfu on Xbox, you get gifted an Eliacube at the beginning that gives you tips and shit. I'm not sure if it's a game mechanic or part of canon though

Also, does it not drive you crazy if you're an Eliatrope? Nox lost his mind because of it

You're not, I appreciate it

>So can the Eliacube actually talk?
Maybe. Qilby made that thing to do a lot of things. But Nox was almost certainly hallucinating.

yes she is

I never read the comic but I can't wait for Mutafukaz

The problem is that Nox was too erratic to come to that conclusion. The closest thing he did was bring back some very powerful warriors who were just mindless drones doing his bidding. Plus between the knowledge and the need of a Primordial Dofus (which Ogrest has all of) he can't go that route. Added to the fact you need an item that links that person to the real world (Jahash knitted underwear in the movie). Nox didn't have that option.

Even further Nox was looking to spite the god Xelor. It went to his head big time.

>Nox didn't have that option
Nah, he'd put articles of clothing of each of his children and wife on their graves. You're right about the Dofus thing though, unless that wasn't absolutely necessary for the spell so long as you're able to find an alternative method for harvesting the required souls.

Given that that the only other Dofus eggs were the Eliatrope eggs which most likely don't play by the same rules.

I'd even wager that the Primordial Dofus eggs are far more powerful given that they have memory and essentially immortal almost indefinitely. Requiring a guardian that they choose to truly harness their power. Unless someone learns how to control them by brute force like Ogrest.

What would be really nice to see if more movies explaining how Joris ultimately loses control of the two Dofus eggs he has and what had to occur for that to happen. It doesn't have to be Ogrest directly, but could lead up to Ogrest.

>What would be really nice to see if more movies explaining how Joris ultimately loses control of the two Dofus eggs he has and what had to occur for that to happen
Ogrest probably punks him. Joris has a pretty shit record when it comes to sneak attacks.

Plus I imagine Kerub's story and his life experiences don't prepare him from the drive and directed rage produced by Ogrest in achieving his quest.

So on the topic of Joris, just what exactly are his capabilities? We know he's immortal, was the guardian of the Ivory and Ebony Dofus for a time, and wields that weird log hammer thing. He's also fast as shit and strong as fuck and can use utility spells like putting people to sleep.

Unfortunately I think Ankama kinda shot themselves in the foot a little. As they have to fill in the blanks from having him in the Wakfu series. While relatively important connection from the Dofus era to the Wakfu era it gets a little messy.

Joris when we first meet him in Wakfu is this sort of mysterious ambassador for the king of Bonta. We only learn about as much as they show in the show initially. What we learn otherwise is very limited by the following Dofus tv show, comics and movie.

If I had to guess I imagine he has the potential of great magical abilities given to him by his parents. However, I feel that with Kerubim's influence he'd rather play more in a way that emulates his foster father. The rogue like adventurer who does what is necessary and right. While playing to his own rules initially.

Given that he didn't really get to truly meet his Dad and what he knows of his Mom from first hand experience isn't something he was proud of. In fact, it was something he outright fought against.

I imagine that the Dofus eggs would grant him all of his potential, but the apparent loss of the Dofus eggs obviously leads him to being a shadow of his potential.

If I had to guess.