Hank Pym thread

So I just watched this fun as fuck movie again, and Why do we never talk about the time Marvel casted the perfect actor for best ant man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NjCzbfz-Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=xyGwMqMCta4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why did they make Hank old the whole time?

ANTS

youtube.com/watch?v=4NjCzbfz-Lw thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=xyGwMqMCta4

Will never have a young Ant-man and Wasp cameo in Agent Carter.....
Never have a Howling Commando movie with Carter, young Ant-man and Wasp

Yeah the Ant-Man I remember so well from the comics was an old Santa Claus motherfucker that shits in his adult diapers and suffers from dementia

"perfect actor" my ass. Fuck off casualfaggot OP

I feel like there was a chunk of text someone posted that explained why Hank Pym deserves respect. He's one of those people that even in spite of continued setback after setback, he channels his depression/anxiety/paranoia/and manic swings into trying to make the world a better place. I feel like anyone else having to experience the same circumstances would have crumbled a long time ago.

>qualifies himself as an expert and a fan
>posts a meme image

Ultron is literally Hank if he was not a goodhearted person.

>get on the damn ant scott

I'd love to be a ant on the wall when this was run by a producer
How the fuck was this pitched?

They thought it would be fun.

Tony's one to talk when he showed up on fucking roller skates

I'm wondering more how they convinced Michael Douglas to do it.
>All right Michael, you are gonna clap your hands and yell ANTS! repeatedly

He needs those roller skates to stay alive

I'm assuming that Rudd's irresistible charm was a major factor.

>tfw Rhodey had roller skates in Ultron Forever
Yeah, Ewing is continuity autist.

What, really?

Yes! That's how I learned of roller skates. I knew of nose armor, but no skates.

Probably to make the focus on the second Ant-Man, who's backstory and motivation is more relatable to the average man. At least they made Pym into somebody that wasn't made fun of for being a wifebeater

GANTZ

Remember times when every scientist poured whatever they had on themselves?

Baby's first Ultron

So he's autistic in addition to being a misogynistic crybaby that throws temper tantrums

Speaking of Ultron...

Ayyy tumblr go back from whence you came and cry about your wage gap or whatever it is that you do.

jean-loring.jpeg

>I CAN FIX THIS
t. Nadia Pym

Remember ANTagonizer from Fallout 3?

>Hank
>misogynistic

When you hear Hank or Hal say that, run.

Truly her father's daughter.
Now she just needs to put the world at risk a few times and she'll be Pym through and through

That first panel is great

>ANYBODY can do THAT
Poor fucking bastard, his autistic whore of a mother is destroying his life.

wait wut

Welp, I can't foresee this going wrong in any way

>casted
Moron.

Hank took Doombot and blackmailed fuck out of him.
Later Doombot shows up in Ultron Forever as greatest ruler ever.
Nah, it went smoothly. Except for Victor Mancha.

HAAAAAAANK

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HANK

LETS JUST STOP AND THINK ABOUT THIS A LITTLE BIT, HANK

>>tfw Rhodey had roller skates in Ultron Forever
>Yeah, Ewing is continuity autist.

That mini was great. Don't confuse people by posting a cover to the shitty Age Of Ultron event. That motherfucker even remembered Hela's curse from that era's (Simonson run) Thor

One of the interesting things about Hank Pym is that compared to his contemporaries he's never really experienced the same level of reset/reboots as the others. Where other characters get bad stories or weird mandates forgotten or retconned (as these things go in serial fiction), these things get incorporated into Pym. His identities, his drama induced break downs, as writers came and went they forged these things together into a character flawed by insecurity and mental illness and still striving to be a hero.

But one thing that doesn't get delved into a lot about all this, is that Hank Pym is in turn responsible for more legacies/heroes than most other characters. All of his identities that got passed down, Pym particles, cybernetics, the Avengers Academy. He is the father and grand father to an entire generation of heroes (and yes some villains). You could build a Pym Age of Marvel out it.

Did Hank just kidnapped sovereign ruler of Latveria?

>blades not skates
Artist fucked up

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!

Isn't Doom gonna have a HUGE problem with this?

Do you know how many times it was brought up?
Don't act like characters are alive, senpai.

>Do you know how many times it was brought up?
No

I think Dr Doom respects Hank Pym as a peer, one of the smartest guys on 616, right next to him and Reed

Zero times. Overall, Avengers AI never happened. That's how influential it is.
At least Dogfucker had Hank say he's bipolar.

itd be cool if firebird was revealed to be a pheonix avatar.

He really needs a hug.

yup, his family tree is almost as crazy as the Summers family.

Hank has an exclusive "get a pass from Doom because you called Richards a bitch" card

Doom only feels he has to compare himself to Reed. He doesn't even compare himself to Strange, though he's still arrogant and won't ask for his help, he doesn't have an inferiority complex to him or to Hank.

>everyone is in character
See, Marvel? You did it before.

Hank then beats Richards and they end up fight in the microverse where Richards sees Hanks plan for the infinite mansion. Even Richards had no idea that was possible, and so gave Hank the gadget.

Hanks not smarter than Reed, but he is imaginative when he wants to be.

I guess you're being sarcastic, but I must say, I can understand that. I didn't know Paul Rudd before, but I got his face now forever. He's a charming dude.

But tbhf, I think it was because it looked fun, kid's friendly and easy to work in.

I loved the sonic gun moment.

Lovely.
Ir reminds me a bit of myself, except I never got to paint myself, thanks goodness.

We're sorry, it won't happen again.

I know this is bait, but come on, you can do better.
Here, this is my pity reply.
She's going to proof that people think he's fun when he's well written.

>people think he's fun when he's well written.
I thought he was good during the Dark Reign Mighty Avengers.

That's kind of what brought me around to old guy Hank in the film. They really focused on the fact that Hank Pym, for better and for worse, has an effect on people. He created a technology corporation on the same level as Stark, and that's after fighting for his country as both a soldier and as a superhero.

He influenced Janet, Scott, Cross, and Hope, and their actions are because of him. Out of the MCU characters, outside of his age, Hank Pym is probably the most accurate portrayal of the character.

don't forget avengers academy. I really think that's where Janet gets the whole "he cared too much for humanity" in her speech for his funeral. Cause he cared soo much for those students, better than any x-man teacher

>don't forget avengers academy.
Impossible.

Hank threads are some of my favorite on Sup Forums. No shit posting, just nice mellow talk about a character. Even some original thinking about his motivations and how he got to who he is.

I've been a new reader to Ant-Man and his family recently, not because the movie, but because I got to read Slott mighty avengers a few months back and it got me interested in Pym. So these are the words of someone who is not a big reader, let alone a knowledgeable fan.

As I've seen so far, he may not be smarter in a mathematical and physical way, but he's a fast learner, he's crazy creative and doesn't fear shit half the time (which makes him a big lot of the madman he is). He saw the end of a lot of universes when the incursions were happening, he was Richards explorer for that purpose, and he come back in one piece.

I think he could get along with Reed's son, surprisingly. But here I don't know a lot about FF either.

>Using his giant sized hair as make-shift restraints
Fucking clever bastard.

Probably better with Valeria. Franklin is regular kid with powers, Valeria is smart.

>the perfect actor
Rudd was nothing like Scott and Douglas was nothing like Hank.
They were both based though.

>Hanks not smarter than Reed
Isn't he?

It's a pity they killed him with angst and coldness.

The Secret Avengers stint fucked him up.

honestly if they ever brought hank back sans ultron, they should make the maker his main antagonist he barely gets along with his reed, but an evil reed? shiit

How many times has Hank been a God?
Check and mate