As someone who never had any homosexual urges but decided I was 'full-gay" after a co-worker told me so...

As someone who never had any homosexual urges but decided I was 'full-gay" after a co-worker told me so, I heartily relate to this issue. I thank Bendis for not only making something I can relate to, but that its OK for people to police and arbitrarily declare and aggressively assert the sexuality of people they hardly know. Where would society be, after all, if I walked into my office and people DIDN'T assume I was gay and get angry at me when I told them I wasn't?
All Hail Bendis!

She can read minds, y'know.

can=/=should

"He dated women!" "You're gay!" Masterful writing.

How is that relevant? She did.

"Read" here meaning "alter"

Read?

Or control?

Both?

Bendis please stop posting, while trying to justify your BS here. If Alonso convinced you that you are gay, it's not reason to turn everyone else at Marvel gay too.

Someone post the edit. You know which one

I will say I’m super bummed that some people are reading any sort of bi erasure and biphobia into the interaction between bobby and Jean. nothing could be further from the truth. nobody involved in this feels anything like that. and if anybody reading the horribly scanned leaked pages even thought that for a second please free your mind of that. it’s not there. this is a very unique story because one character, from a different time and a somewhat limited worldview, is reading another character’s mind. this is in no way the traditional ‘coming-out’ story if there even is one, there is also this big chunk of time travel weirdness involved. none of this is a statement about all things to all people. but it does give us a unique perspective that I thought was worth approaching. this is Bobby’s story. nobody else’s. some will find connection to it, others might not. and this is just the first part of a larger story. See the upcoming giant size uncanny 600.

Bobby's gay dick made Kitty leave earth......

>Now that a Jew has AIDS, she must leave Earth to cure the tribe of the disease they helped invent

Fucking die queershit, the issue was horrible and a retcon in the name of a pat on the back.

Bruh that's clearly a copy pasta.

>decided I was 'full-gay" after a co-worker told me so
That was me, OP. Also, give me all your money; you don't need it.

Why did editorial allow this.
At this point i think they should just put stan lee back in charge has to be better then what we have now.

Implying it wasn't degenerates doing weird shit with monkeys

First invading and reading minds, it's unethical.

Second invading someone's mind could implicate manipulation, on making someone to believe that he is bi, or gay, or anything else.

And 3rd this was forced as hell. Bendis took this idea from some posts on the X-forums at CBR, ignoring a 50 years character history.

its what Bendis actually said. look it up

Her powers weren't working right, y'know.

So what exactly went down with Bobby after the big retcon? Has his stock gone up because of it? Has it gone down? Seems like after the big furor he went back to being a nobody.

Has anyone done anything with gay Ice man here since this?

My problem with this? Yes, she's a mind reader. But she's also a teenager. She doesn't have the experience or intelligence to know what she's saying. Maybe Bobby was going through some attraction to males at that age, some curiousity. Then she just cements it and tells him this is the way you are, instead of it being a passing interest possibly or something.

Yes, I also agree. This was a tremendous groundbreaking issue of X-Men, and added a whole new dimension to this character, which has served only to enhance Iceman in a positive way.

Also, I can't wait for the next issue of CIVIL WAR II. How about you guys?

Bobby is gay fucking deal with it straights lmao. Can't wait for daddy colossus to ream him

Dumb Toddposter

It constitutes sexual harassment desu.

JUST FUCKING PRE-ORDER THE GODDAMN CIVIL WAR II YOU FUCKING FUCK

The frustrating thing is, it would have actually made a huge amount of sense for Bobby to be asexual. He's always had that Jughead-esque "who gives a shit about women, I just want to have fun with my friends" thing going. If Bendis actually wanted to be progressive and not just the comics equivalent of clickbait, he would have made Bobby ace.

>bi guy
>spend several years wondering whether or not you're really interested in women because straight girl and gay people told you you're just gay and in denial
>finally get over it
>watch fucking retard pat himself on the back for writing a comic where a straight girl explicitly shoots down a kid's suggestion that he's bi and says he's all the way gay
>watch fucking retard say no, it wasn't bi erasure or a straight person telling a queer person what they are, Jean reads minds, get over it

Fucking
Bendis

Fuck you Bendis. You are the cancer of the comic books. And this cancer must be eradicated.

He now gets three lines per issue instead of two.

Jughead was never asexual. Until the recent relaunch bullshit.

He had girlfriends. He just didn't act like an idiot pursuing girls.

Bendis wants to turn anyone whoever touched his waifu into a fag.

I know plenty of lesbos who had boyfriends at some point, user. I'm against turning characters gay because it's a lazy, handwaving attempt at diversity, but I think it would be good to have more asexual characters because romance has been used as a crutch in these books for far too long.

Oh user, Bisexuality doesn't exist in Comic book land.
Of all the minorities, they are just not vocal enough for """"""progressive"""""" writers like Benis to score brownie points with.
You're either default or an extra special flavor of gay.
Case in point: Hercules.
Used to be bi. But now he's straight.

>bisexuality doesn't exist in comics land
sure it does for women. only women.

>Case in point: Hercules.
>Used to be bi. But now he's straight.
What the fuck?!

Can this meme end please? All 6 people who read that story know it was the magic space mirror that made him gay as punishment for not remaining an ice elf.

Daken is a girl now?
GaaaaAAAAAYYYYY

>Maybe I'm bi.
>They say everyone is.
>Except for you. You are the only full gay person on the planet. Straights don't exist either.

Nigga are you for real?

Jesus this writing is some of the cringiest I've ever seen, and I've been on craigslist.

Meme will end when young Jean Grey stops being an evil cunt or just finally fucks off and dies.

She'll just come back.

She always fucking comes back.

How about present day bobby goes back in time to stop hank going back in time and we just forget any of this ever happened.

Morrison did a good job until Bendis the hack came along.

>ace
Neck yourself immediately.

>A time of limited world view.

They come from the early 2000's thanks to sliding timescale. People (and Bendis who likes to ignore it and thus make things nonsensical) need to stop acting like the O5 came from the 60's when, at this point in time and when that was published, they didn't.

I want to rape teenage Jean.

>ace
Fuck you people, that's our word.

>I’m super bummed
Ha ha, anal sex.

The worst part is that it never went anywhere. This garbage was there just to bait contravercy, and that's it.

It really is a horrible word i get the desire to shorten asexual but there has to be a better way.

They might as well come full circle and just make him bi. That way his history remains in tact and he gargle balls for all anyone cares

Yes, because that's exactly what I want to read about. Who on a child death squard porks whom.

Go away, Xavier, you're dead.

he also gets sabrina now, so its not all bad

>Bendis blaming leaks for poor fan reception
Every time

Black Vortex was like 2013. Wasn't Bendis on Xmen way before that, mid-2000s-ish?

It's been literally decades since I read any Archie comics, but I don't remember Jughead ever expressing any romantic interest in women (or men).

well, it IS the leak's fault. somehow...

We're already stuck with it anyway thanks to Hopeless not getting it that the Angel/X-23 relationship is shit. Not sure it can really get worse from there

The comic is actually making me like Angel/X-23.

Is Constantine the last bastion of bisexuality in comics?

What do you expect when diversity is written by old white (Jew) people. Its awkward and forced.

GAY RAYYY

>Liking the worst X-Men shipping to come out of the past 5 years
user it's like I don't even know you anymore

Bobby was outed by Jean after Black Vortex after she commented that the mirror had "changed their harts" not at the beginning.

>Wasn't Bendis on Xmen way before that, mid-2000s-ish?
>mid-2000s

mid-2000s was like Claremont and then Fraction.

>See the upcoming giant size uncanny 600.

That didn't make anything better though.

Lewd

Claremont>Brubaker>Fraction>Gillen>Bendis>Bunn

I never read Bunn, what did he do that was possibly worse than Bendis' run?

Not ranking them, sorry. That's the author history for the last 12(?) or so years.

read the chain reeeeee

I understand that this was retarded, but how are you STILL bitching about it this long after it happened?

>Bendis

This is bait

Sup marvel damage control intern

The passage of time doesn't make something stupid any less stupid. Hell, a hundred years from now, I bet people will still be bitching about One More Day.

Besides, this is a Taiwanese shadow puppet forum. It's not like we're going to do anything productive, so why not bitch about meaningless tripe?

Why the fuck can't Marvel shill one of their already established bi/gay characters?

Fuck, I'd read a Daken book. What's he up to these days anyway?

Remember when this issue came out, and Sup Forums was in love with this page? That was a fun week

She's a fictional character whose every action is decided by whim of the writer, y'know

Bendis was on Avengers mid-2000s

rotting, feeding worms, filling a hole

Also gotta love how Marvel tried to act like this move was so productive as if Northstar, Anole, Bling!, Mystique, Daken and Destiny aren't already well established LGBT characters in the X-Men universe they already have

He dated several girls in the 90's, including Archie's 29th-century descendant January McAndrews in Jughead's Time Police.

Of course, they revealed he's asexual now then he fell in love with a girl in a hamburger costume.

Are they like hiring webcomic artists now?

They're already hiring webcomic WRITERS.

What is with this lately? Why are comics replacing their big heroes with minorities instead of making their minority heroes big? Is this what cultural appropriation feels like?

That's the Bee & Puppycat creator/artist.

>We want the sjw audience
Cultural appropriation isn't real

Stop pretending minority heroes sell. They have to be a listers to sell. Stop pretending you even cared about bobby before this.

That's the thing though, people don't care about Bobby now, they just hate the stupidity of the retcon. Unless you believe in the no such thing as bad publicity myth

Isn't adult present day bobby still straight? I thought it was something that only affected the time traveling young bobby.

Obviously he has been repressing his gayness and needs to realize he was destined to be with men.

Didn't she say in the comic he stops being gay when he grows up?

no. there was an issue where he talked about 'living a lie for how long he'd forgotten it was a lie' re: his sexuality