Trying to cheer myself up
youtube.com/watch?v=H1Ry5qhIaOs

Anyone else still as bitter as I am?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8mLKTY5TWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember when JohnVris was good?
youtube.com/watch?v=x8mLKTY5TWM

I felt much MUCH better when we found out Hussie had restarted hiveswap for the second time. There was a journal entry by the same lady that leaked WhatPumpkin closing its NYC studio about how the game was mostly done but Hussie came in and said "wow this is fucking awful. We're doing this over again. also you're fired"

It means we might not get hiveswap by the end of 2016 but damn did it make me feel better to know he actually cares about the quality of the game coming out to restart AGAIN because it didn't meet his standards.

REMOVE JONVRIS

>this post

He didn't restart the game because he cared about quality. He restarted the game because he wanted something that would exploit the dregs of preteen fandom and make him rich again.

If he cared about quality, Act 7 wouldn't have been what it was.

>Anyone else still as bitter as I am?
The only time I remember homestuck even exists is when I visit Sup Forums and see it pinned on my catalog

I've given up on closure.

All I want now is to be able to look back on the parts of the comic that were good and not feel a deep aching in my heart. I can't listen to any of the iconic songs without getting bleary-eyed. I imagine this is what a breakup is like, I don't know how else to describe it, really. All that time, all that love, and it meant nothing, it went nowhere. The comic had more potential than anything else I've ever read, and it wasted so much of it. I feel betrayed. We were all betrayed by the exhausted shell of a broken man too weak to do anything else.

Try listening to something like Homestuck Anthem or Sburban Jungle and feeling anything but sadness or bitterness at how that sense of wonder fizzled out so impotently.

The kids didn't even properly meet up and chat. I think everything would have gone over better if that one thing that had been teased since the very beginning and in every subsequent chapter of the story had actually happened. I'd have hated the retcon and Vriska being treated by the narrative as a flawless hero all along no matter what, but I would have had that emotional resolution, and wouldn't feel like we'd been stabbed in the back.

I-I'd really like to think of it this way
but really
cant help but wonder what we could have gotten
hopefully this time around, itll be not only what he wants, but what WE want
....right?????

Neverrrr

>john and dave finally get to see each other
>so many things to discuss
>so many jokes to tell
>we have waited so long for this moment

>"hey john im gay now"
???????????????????????????
>suddenly DAVEKAT

I guess I'm just not allowed to be happy

I want to laugh but instead I'm cri

is that actually what act 7 looked like
their faces look way more deformed than i remember

Post characters you couldn't have given less of a fuck about

pic related

I am glad Karezi and Johnvris are dead.

I am not glad what retarded shit we got afterwards.

Also
>shipping shit overtaking adventure

>I need some REAL closure
Too bad it will never come

The game wasn't restarted because of QUALITY or whatnot.
The game was restarted because they ran the budget with a studio in Manhattan (Those usually cost around 250K a month, so they would've gone through it in a minimum of 10 months) and dry and no money left = you cannot keep working employees, so they had to scrap what they had and start over.

God damn the art style is so bad.
It doesn't even "Look" anime or worth it for all the lolHOMESTUCKISANIME GUISE he put into it. He should've gotten an actual anime studio to do it like Gumball or SU did.

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head, and I cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

>the comic ended in a way that UNDENIABLY proves that hussie is an irredeemable hack who will never produce anything good ever again
>people still want him to provide closure for them, despite it being obvious he doesn't care
You are literally waiting for nothing. Your fanfiction is better than his writing at this point.

Do you have a source for that?
Google research tells me that small single apartments in Manhattan range usually around 2000-2800$ per month but that's for a lone apartment fitting one person, a game studio would be multiplied many times more. Depending on how many employees he hired (Say 30-50), 60,000-140000 with maybe 150,000 a month would be the high end.

remember that kickstarter update where they mentioned they were actually moving the studio into an even bigger office

Hussie isn't a hack. He's just a gimped wimp.
He commissioned his ending 3 years in advance because he thought it'd be so great and we'd still be woo'd by a 9 minute animation, but didn't really plan Act 7 in accordance with his comic so much brute-force the plot towards trying to fit with it. And that entire ending scene is significantly worse than Collide which was just a passion project done with his music/art team and friends.

Really all of the shittiest decisions he's made regarding Homestuck/Hiveswap have been outsourcing to other people.

At this point, why would you still be hostile in regards to shipping?
I never understood this.. in any fandom, really.
The story is over, all we have left to think about are the characters
and thus, their interactions and relationships with each other
canon or not

>outsourcing
a true sign of a hack is being someone who wants other people to make his comic for him

trolls and shipping literally ruined the comic in the first place

>This meme.
Trolls only ruined it post Act 6.

Shit tastes.

*cuddles up 2 u*
meo

This. Karkat and Vriska were the only good characters.

True
but
the comic is over
there is no more story to discuss or speculate on
all there is left is waifus, husbandos and shipping
that's all I meant.

You're dumb. LOL.

There's still gonna be an epilogue and the game
right?

Which sunk ship is the best?

It's John/Rose

>actually believing this
>the trolls literally hijacked the story since act 5 for very little payoff in terms of plot
I miss non neo-HSG

This.

>Complaining about subplots.
>In Homestuck.
Could have been handled a lot better but I wouldn't say Hivebent ruined the story.

when and if they are ever finished

Readers/Caliborn

>Could have been handled a lot better but
But nothing, that's the problem with Homestuck. It is the biggest waste of potential ever, thanks to garbage trolls, shipping, and other losses of artistic integrity in order to pander to a cancerous fanbase. We got nothing but a festering stream of diarrhea after act 4, along with the glorification of the worst people in the process.

>tfw this pic was satire at one time

Act 5 wasn't bad though.

How do you make a good Homestuck villian without them just going around murdering people?

I've read Homestuck up to and including Act 5. How much good content is there ahead of me? Should I catch up with the rest now that it's ended or will I likely regret it?

None. Just pretend they all died; it's better than the actual story.

nothing worth it.
in fact i doubt that anybody can name ONE (1) good thing about act 6 that isn't caliborn

No.

"Why all of people did Aranea get revived?"
This is an incredibly retarded comment. It fits perfectly with the character and her arc. It's not like John revived her for no reason like Vriska. The rest is pretty spot-on though.

>caliborn
>good

Dirk.

THE SAME FUCKING PICTURES EVERY FUCKING THREAD

WHY

DO

YOU

DO

THIS

The only relevant arcs Aranea has are the ones outlining her delicious, creamy thighs.

I don't know.
Autism?

Don't talk about my wife that way.

>I'm gay and sad all the time
>but I'm also edgy anime af check out my moves
>copy+paste dave's complex with Bro and switch the roles
#wow #whoa

I love you too, sweetcheeks.

>Remember when JohnVris was good?
You mean always?

no

>"if i try really hard to make it sound bad it will be!!!!"
You could do that to literally every character, memester.

>if i try really hard
but I didn't try at all

>you could do that with literally every character
So, are you saying every homestuck character is shit?

I think you mean "yes".

Yes, if you use tryhard memetalk, literally everything ever is shit.

Well, they ARE in Homestuck.

JOHN: EARGH, I FRIGGIN' *HATE* TROLL GIRLS!

WTF I hate Homestuck now.

>tryhard
>try really hard

>but I didn't try at all

nope. cascade is the end

Not really. Delegating tasks to others is a skill. If you are good at delegation you can have others make parts of your creative work and not be a hack.

It's still intense memespeak used to say "lol this guy sucks" so.

>If you are good at delegation you can have others make parts of your creative work and not be a hack.
>If you are good at delegation
>If you are good
>IF
>you are
>GOOD

>anything I disagree with is a meme

>>>>>>now

reminder halftruth did LITERALLY nothing wrong.

Boners are complicated.

John/Terezi ended up being more canon than John/Vris. It died and died painfully at that.

>"hi im gay and poopy and shit" is a valid criticism.

I unironically believe that Homestuck went to shit when Vriska died.

Not because I'm a vriskafag, but because Hussie is. He just lost all of his momentum after that update, and honestly stopped caring. He just couldn't finish his comic without his waifu being there for him, and had to figure out an ENTIRE RETCON SUBPLOT to bring her back redeemed and with huge tits.

Wrong. She did nothing wrong, or right. Her impact was minimal at best, whether for better or worse.

Hussie is the disease that has always been at the heart of his own work. Nobody else can be blamed. It implies Hussie isn't the trash he proved himself to be.

What are you talking about user? Piggy is better in every way haha. Dude radical feminism ha. Dude pepe lmao. Dude bernie sanders lmao. Dude davekat lmao. DUDE
MEMES
LMAO.