Fox lands Black Lightning

>Fox may soon be adding another DC Comics character to its roster.

>The network has given a pilot production commitment to Black Lightning, the black superhero drama from prolific superhero series producer Greg Berlanti, and The Game's Salim and Mara Brock Akil, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

>One of DC Comics' first major African-American superheroes, Black Lightning was created by Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eeden and debuted in 1977. The hourlong drama will center on Jefferson Pierce, who hung up his suit and his secret identity years ago. However, with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he'll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-lands-black-lightning-project-926678?utm_source=twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=chaotic neutral
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gross

>Fox

>We want the Luke Cage audience

Well I'm excited for it, when do they plan on showing this and pair it with what show? Empire?

>Fox

welp. There goes any hope of this actually being good.

I hope they eventually let him become Secretary of Education.

They'd do better focusing on Thunder and Grace.
These shows NEED someone that knows comics and could give them an original angle to approach from.

How much you want to bet they drop the "Black" and rename him to just "lightning"

never going to happen. They will make a pilot and won't pick it up. Is Berlanti just showing shit at a wall and seeing if anyone will buy shit?

Nah his lighting will be black.

I'm down.

Could lead to the revival of Static

>fox doing Dc and marvel shows

Is Fox neutral good or neutral bad ?

Chaotic Neutral

What does that mean ?

They're friends of Cass Cain.

You're the one that brought D&D tier alignment shit into this, but I'll give you a one time nerd-power pass:
lmgtfy.com/?q=chaotic neutral

>never going to happen

???

What makes you think that?

Fox already has Gotham, in terms of comic stuff. Berlanti already has a shit ton of shows. Fox also has Empire and the upcoming show, Pitch, for shows with black protagonists.

This is happening, m8.

Nice how its going to Fox
With the huge Empire Audience it could become another one for the network

>Fox gets Black Lighting

Outsiders incoming

Look at the people making the show not the network its on

Will it finally happen?

Will we finally get the Outsiders in non-comic media and not being cheated out of it?

They can do crossovers with Gotham too
Ultimately I bet CW didn't get the show because of all the bad blood between the network and the creators behind the Game

Trust me, it'll be a long running gag with every villain and civilian going "What? Seriously?!?" at the name.

But really, Thunder and Lightning better be in this.

what do you know, someone who actually understands something
this is Fox doing the smart thing and putting on a black superhero show because they already have african american audiences with empire plus they'll get people who want another superhero show. This is a safe AND smart move by them

cause Berlanti is pitching everything to everyone. Hear of the recent Booster Gold pitch? And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg we are hearing about.

They'll probably keep it and use race relations in the show

>retired vigilante

Neat idea for Black Lightning. I wonder how old is he going to be. I also expect flashbacks to his youngers days.

That would be disappointing

I really want Outsiders but I want a Teen Titans series before DCEU does something stupid with that franchise.

I could see this going very poorly
Its pretty much exactly this.

Regardless I would have rather seen Static

Soooooooooo blue marvel ?

Unless its just a type they literally called it black drama.

>a star student being recruited by a local gang

Grace?

*just a typo

Threadly reminder that the DCEU is great.

I hope so

Yeah you can fuck off back to your circlejerk on Sup Forums

>Sup Forumsmblr is triggered by opposing opinons

In what way?

I respect your opinion but I disagree with you. The DCEU has been a great disappointment.

The CW didn't get the show because they feel like they have enough superhero shows. They've said this.

>Straight up tossing a dude over the ledge
The madman

So is it still canon to arrowverse?

>Anti-Life is the answer

When Fox fucks it in the ass and it gets moved to CW it will be

>hating on based Fox
Sour grapes, sister Stan.

They already got the empire audience

>Black Lightning
>A literal who in most circles
>Not Static
>Who's basically the same thing but infinitely more popular

>A literal who in most circles
Good. That means they will have more artistic freedom than if the character was better known.

DC does not currently have the rights for Static.

Wasnt there talk about a Static web series though? Starring philosopher Jaden Smith?

She has only one friend now. Your pre-FP garbage is irrelevant in 2016.

>based Fox
yeah i can't wait for them to show the episodes out of order, hiatus it for 2 weeks for no reason and cancel it before the season is over

Seeing Katana isn't Outsider, they can all go and fuck themselves.

>what is torrents?

Who does?

It's not supergirl

>implying people still remember Static
He's been irrelevant for a long time, user.

>using le cool teenager
>not the original electric nigga who is unique for being older and a family man

Your mom.

Just look what they did to sleepy hollow.
Im losing hope

Original faggot.

FOX
O
X

marvel has a problem

>implying people even know who Black Lightning is

I'm just saying Static doesn't have as big a relevancy gap on him anymore.

Static Shock or no buy

What is it with black heroes/villains and electricity?

no one knows really, just the gods' plan

I know who he is and am very excited for this show even if it is on Fox.

I've seen this posted dozens of time and I'm just now noticing the fridge says smug on it

Black Lightning is the first one and most of the others were because they couldn't use Black Lightning, they're related to Black Lightning, or they were a homage to Black Lightning.

Cool