Alone/Seuls final storytime

Welcome back for the last published tome of Alone, will Dodji's harem grow? Will terry ruin everything again? Will The Master of Knifes get his knifes back? Let's find out. This is tome 9 : Before the Midnight Child.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mF3tEKqSq3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump and general french comics discussions will be appreciated.

>]

fuck

Wait till you guys get to the end.

Fuck your Joes, Terry.

It's his time to shine now.

AH KOS OR AS SOME SAY KOSM

youtube.com/watch?v=mF3tEKqSq3Q

Ride's about to end.

NANI

End of the second cycle.

And this is the end!

The next tome, the Undying Machine, will start being published a few pages per week in the french comic magazine Spirou the next wednesday, for a full release in november.

Tinyurl link for a page where you can download the 9 tomes in english or french : jdce7jn let me know if it doesn't work

this guy seems to already have it.

Is camille the midnight child?

Who's the being with the birdcagehead?

cool

> that last panel
Hedwig confirmed for winning the Dodjibowl!

I'm surprised at how good this comic is yet it's virtually unknown. It doesn't even have a Wikipedia or TV Tropes page.

hey op you're doing a great work
can you also link the previous threads? I think I missed one of your storitimes

I really wish I had learned French

I have this week's Spirou, I can translate the episode if anyone's interested

Remember kids, doing your homework turns you into LADYBUG SATAN

Someone already did but your scans seem to be higher quality. If you could post those that would be appreciated

Since that person already translated everything, I'm just going to post the scans and copy their translation.

>...it was this way...
>...han...
>There were lots of lights! I saw it from the hill.
>we can maybe find some shelter, 'caus 'therwise, will end up all blue like smurfs and then we'll be dead
>well, I meant we'll be even deader
>Come on, Kabbagecutter! I think that's here!
>?!

>we'll stay here while we wait for the storm to quiet down! I promise that'll resume our search of Neosalem to stop bein' lost!
>I know you want to free Lucie and on top o that I want to save Leïla, I 'm sure the other bad guys brought her back in their castle!
>...I think I may have found something of interest!
>What did you find Kabbagecutter?
>Woah...

>that's too good here!
>Toy's convention!! That madman luck we got!!
>it gives so much the need to run everywhere like an idiot to try everythin' out!
>Nah, Nah, Nah, calm down Terry, you shouldn't think like a boy now!
>What would Dodji do if he was with us, Kabbagecutter?
>I think he would start by visiting everything... to see if there are some useful things, stuff to eat or hidden dangers... that's what he'd do!
>Mmm... meanwhile, I can visit everything BUT while running like a big idiot
>YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

>You wanted to leave me already, Dodji?
>*bitchslap*
>You haven't really learnt to know me...
>But maybe you only wanted to stay alone a bit so you think about everything that happened to you?

>I now understand how Houdini died
>Then prepare to be pleased
>I'll give you a place where no one will be able to find you
>because there is no other door than the one I create
>Welcome in your Kingdom, Dodji...
>Here, you'll have all the time in the word to reflect on things... Ha! Ha!
>Get me out of here... Please Have some pity sounds kind of weird here, but whatever you get the point
>GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Forgot to add a spoiler where the original translator did. It was: Have some pity sounds kind of weird here, but whatever you get the point

>Hey, KabbageCutter do you read me?
>I visited everything! Let's meet up at the T-Rex!
>I'll take a shorcut through the fairy kingdom, that'll be quicker!
>CAREFUL DWARVES! IT'S GONNA SMASH!
>I'm having fun!!
>What?
>But wataryadoin?
>What's that noise?

>Chopperz?
>Adults are comin' to help us, is that it? We need to signal them we're here!
>...you may want to take the time to reconsider this choice.
>What are you tryin' to tell me? I don't understand anythin'.
>Oh no... the 6th family!
>We mustn't let ourselves to be seen! They'll try to capture us or kill us!!
>I was so dumb too...That' couldn't have been adults 'cause there is none in the limbos! But I wanted so much that... that..
>I want my parents! I miss them so much...

>Kerdol 12km ~ 7miles [SPOILER]Sounds like some villages you'd find in Brittany.[/SPOILER]
>That's where we spent summer with my family... Why did I respawn here, and not in Fortville or in the mountain where I died?
>And I've got my haircut from earlier.. I don't understand anything.
>Anyway, I can go to Dad's summer home. I remember where we hid the keys, I'll be able to warm myself up.
>a 4 digits padlock... that should be doable.
>after all, that's only 10000 different combinations

>I've had enough, Kabbagecutter... we don't know where our friends are, we are chased everywhere, we are always afraid... I'm done with being dead!
>we'd need to be able to go back... that everything went back to before like movie where...
>Oh gee, Kabbagecutter... I know!
>In movies, the scientists, they allz manage to dedeaden people!! we'll do like 'em!!
>...do you have any PHD that may help us in that endeavour?
>We'll build a dedying machine!
>well no, I don't know how but we'll find, don't worry!
>to be continued...

Jesus, Camille

>general french comics discussions will be appreciated.
Have you read SODA by the same authors? It's about a NYPD cop. It's good too.

>Dodji, you can't act all mysterious whenever it suits the plot, dammit.

This is a good design.

Sorry if my english is bad, i did my best
1/2

« SEULS” ENTERS ITS THIRD CYCLE
>At the end of the first cycle, we discovered that the children were dead and survived in some strange limbo. The end of the second cycle revealed the identity of the Midnight-Child: Camille. Fabien Vehlmann and Bruno Gazzotti are now starting the third cycle with “The Undying Machine”
>Before starting this third cycle, what did you do?
Gazzotti: Fabien and I had a meeting with our publisher, Benoît Fripiat. We clarified what was going to happen in each tome of this new cycle of four albums, according to the guideline we already knew. We got even further to precise what the end will be like. We also have some ideas for parallel stories for later.
>Before drawing the previous tome, you had to have an eight month break. Since then, did you get the right work rate?
Gazzotti: I must admit it is always difficult to start a new album. I’m working like a solar machine, I need a lot of time to get to work, but once I’m launched, I become a good old diesel engine! But with each new album comes the same stress: “will I be as good as before?, Will I do better?”. When you have success like we do with “Seuls”, you have a tendency to develop an impostor syndrome: “That’s awesome, but do I really deserve it?”. When I begin drawing, I believe I have all the time in the world; I want to make every panel perfect to calm my anxiety… I drew the first ten panels in four month! But when the publishing deadlines get closer, I tell to myself “No time to lose thinking! I have to work!”

dropped the picture
>Did success bring you more pressure?
Gazzotti: For me, yes! Fabien always tells me:”You have to learn to let go”. He is right; I have to learn how to have fun. But it’s not always easy: when you erase drawings all day because you can’t be happy of what you do, when you get yourself under so much pressure to do the best you can…
At the beginning of the series, I was convinced we got a great idea, and I didn’t think! I dove into it! And here comes one of the many paradoxes of life. Once it works –your dream-, you’re her, thinking to yourself “Ouch! I have to rock it now! I can’t disappoint the reader, the publisher, the writer…” I always doubt of my work. All the better! People who think they are always right are unbearable! Doubt makes me push back my limits!
>About this, Fabien always takes you to new graphic challenges. Here again, you have this gigantic toy convention…
Gazzotti: At first, Fabien didn’t know how to manage the situation. He needed a place full of toys. I got him the idea of the convention, without knowing the nightmare it would be to draw it! I was inspired by the “Hall des foires” in Vincennes, and I recreated it in 3D in Sketchup. I worked really hard for two weeks on this. I made a beginner’s mistake by adding too many details. I drew very complicated columns and only noticed it once the model was done. I wasn’t good at all. There was so many details that everything was from the third column! I had to start all over again and make everything far simpler. Hopefully, my colorist Usagi complements my work really well. She makes this big picture clear and readable.

Under the pictures:
>Sketch for panel 2 [Page 6]
>Bruno was inspired by the “hall des foires” in Vincennes to draw the toy convention.

I tried but my class blew.

2spoopy

2SPOOPY

Neat

>Not using the unicode

Terry found Paradise in Limbo.

So in five years time we will learn what the hell happened to Camille?

Anyway, thank you for updating user!

Terry is the midnight child, Camille knew and wanted to prevent the bloodbath by trying to get together both sides by getting it on with Saul. That's why she gave Terry the cellphone and why she went alone with him into his house when they were in the red zone, she wanted to keep tabs of her master because he hasn't awakened. Remember Terry was never tested by the hand of evil detection

Where can I read Soda?

Nice theory but Terry hasn't turned into bugs and the author just confirmed Camille is the Midnight Child in the above interview.

Terry hasn't died, Camille turned into bugs when she was killed/going to Die, so far Terry hasn't been badly injured.

>The creator confirmed...
Unless I'm reading it wrong but it's the guy making the interview saying that Camille is the midnight child, the creator doesn't confirm or denies that.

The internet.

>storitimes

oh bien merci. I caught the first two threads, missed the next two.

Nice of you to repost my shitty translation. Good work mate.