>he isn't watching Ozark

Explain yourselves

Sorry, I prefer better television.

The daughter looks like a man.

Ozark is the Breaking Bad of our generation

Great ass though

u meant feet

Gob's not on board

Already finished it. I genuinely enjoyed the show and am anticipating Season 2. It feels like a spiritual successor to Bloodline, but unlike Bloodline this one actually has a reason to go into another season. Bloodline S1 was a good story perfectly told needlessly stretched out unto two additional worthless seasons. Ozark felt like the first part in a three-part Russian novel.

I liked the slow burn, the anxiety of Marty not being able to secure any of his investments, and the constant reminder that no matter how well you plan, shit hits the fan; the fact that the writers made these moments appear in bouts of dark comedy was even better. It knows when to be funny and when to be sentimental and I'm surprised it's gotten such subpar reviews. I think it's one of the most well-written shows I've recently seen, and achieves its payoffs without needless pandering to the audience's expectations or hopes. Breaking Bad was great but also a shameless power fantasy for every loser who felt wronged by life and could vicariously play out their revenge through Walt. Marty, by contrast, is a steady character who's flawed, inadequate, not able to be a "badass" in any capacity, and can only use what he knows to get ahead. There's no outwitting, stupid dialogue between hero and villain, or any of the other things you usually expect. He's just a soft-spoken intelligent character put into a bad situation by his own misguided attempt to provide for his family and the subsequent fuckup of his partner.

tl;dr: it's unexpectedly good shit and deserves more attention.

*a strong nose and jawline to pass onto your sons*

I already finished it and I'm currently searching for a curly haired southern qt gf.

Great explanation. But I couldn't stop thinking of Michael Bluth. I kept expecting him to say something witty or sarcastic but Jason Bateman still put on a good performance.

higher intellect m

>Marty, by contrast, is a steady character who's flawed, inadequate, not able to be a "badass" in any capacity

marty turns into some writers masturbation tool every second confrontation with his dialogue and how he handles the situation

>we're taking 8 million out of the bank in cash because we need it for a business opportunity

Michael did not need it for a business opportunity

YO PULL THAT BABY OUT

also that gay thing felt forced

Can't stand this bitch and her hair.

>someone ogles Michael blurbs daughter as she wears something skimpy
>"SHES FIFTEEN YOU PERVS"

Every single episode

What did the writers mean by this?

>how do you go from this

DUDE

IM A SERIOUS ACTOR NOW

LMAO

>TO THIS?

>also that gay thing felt forced
I usually don't care about that shit but it felt way too convenient that the redneck being investigated by a gay cop was also gay.

Looks like a dude with a wig.

will arnett is a faggot

Also he magically detected his gayness somehow

Yeah but Bloodline was boring as fuck.

They fbi guy explains that he found that redneck was arrested for hiring a male prostitute

Agreed

They explained that one: But it was just too coincidental. I still enjoyed the show, though.

I enjoyed it very much. Surprised it got bad reviews.
Ruth a cute!

Can I get a short summary without spoilers?

Breaking Bad with Michael Bluth and a slutty daughter and a qt southern criminal

Jason Bateman is a money launderer for the cartel in Chicago. Something bad happened and now he has to move his family south to raise a shitload of money for the cartel in a certain period of time. It's not easy with the cartel watching him, he also has rednecks, weird farmers and gay cops trying to stop him. It's worth a watch.

Think it was well handled, directed, cast & produced. The way they just go against the rule of thumb with these type of stories and just tell the kids in such a nonchalant way about him laundering money.
Also, some of the dialogue was great. Curly hair girl was probably up there as the best performer and had the best lines.

It had some issues too though.

she is my student. don't be mean.

>le shove faggotness into the show

hate how they pushed the gay agenda but still enjoyed the show.

dont forget a not shitty skyler

im sorry but that real estates mom death scene was stupid as fuck