Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad cleared #4 on the most profitable movie this summer. Can we have a thread about the little movie that could?

Who do you want in a sequel? What were your favorite elements? What bits would you like to see translated over to the comics? Personally I'm a big fan of Dirtwitch Enchantress and Katana, and would love for both to become the standards in the comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=sausageparty.htm
forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#3be751122f36
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=dc2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel2014a.htm
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/friendly reminder that Guardians of the Galaxy outright lied about their budget to make it seem more successful, and probably came in at far more than reported. Friendly reminder that Civil War reportedly cost $250 million before marking, and considering Disney has a proven track record of lying probably came in at far more. /
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bring back Slipknot with his movie design and a more low-key and realistic abusive relationship between Harley and the Joker for the comics. For a sequel, more black ops and political stuff.

I thought it needed to make a billion just to cover reshoots

More like trillion

For as much memeing as Slipknot gets he did have a really cool design in the movie, and "professional climber/hangman" is a pretty cool street level criminal niche.

I really have no idea what is going on with that outfit. It's like 70s club wear for gay men.

His movie design was top-notch and pulled off the tacticool look without being overbearing.

Shouldn't Sausage Party be on there?

I think it's past the summer blockbuster season.

>we never got to see Adam Beach beat someone up with rope
And after all that training he did...

>Who do you want in a sequel?
A competently made film.

No. It didn't do that well. It beat Suicide Squad on its opening night, but that's it.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=sausageparty.htm

It's only made 100 mil worldwide.

>It's only made 100 mil worldwide.
...on a 19 million dollar budget

Yeah but that's because dude slavery lmao

Poor Adam Beach, he doesn't deserve the career he has.

I want a good movie

Suicide Squad 2, Diablo, Slipknot, and Baby Eastwood ride out of Mexican Hell.

>...on a 19 million dollar budget
The Number 10 film on that chart, Lights Out, made $137mil on a 4.9mil budget for Warners.

Mexican hell is just regular hell except they put chile powder on things that don't need chili powder.

>click bait the article
>Nothing to see here

Captain America cleared #2 on the most profitable movie this summer. Can we have a thread about the little movie that could?
Who do you want in a sequel? What were your favorite elements? What bits would you like to see translated over to the comics? Personally I'm a big fan of Bucky and Falcon, and would love for both to become the standards in the comics

>The Numbers
>clickbait

Okay, maybe a little but they a solid resource for the industry side of Hollywood.

And?

I wouldn't mind an update to Falcon's costume. The Captain Falcon costume isn't that great and his normal costume is bland. The guns, micromissiles, and using the wings as body armor were pretty great additions too.

>Where's Sausage Party on that list?!
>It's a chart about the most profitable movies for the summer. The Number 10 movie on that list cost even less and made even more money than Sausage Party.
>Yeah but where's Sausage Party?!
Are you dumb as fuck?

So just mexico

More Croc and Boomerang Bring back Diablo since we never saw the corpse.

>Who do you want in the sequel
KING SHARK
I
N
G

S
H
A
R
K

And move Killer Croc to the Batman movie

Sounds like heaven to me esé

For it to not be a steaming pile of shit.

That's asking a lot.

>Who
What is reading comprehension

>captain america

you mean Avengers 3

Disniggers can't read. That's why nobody buys Marvel comics.

>Who do you want in the sequel.

Considering how more or less everything else was offensively bad it's not like it had much competition. People didn't even care that this was just as godawful, they just saw Batman's rogues and they were sold.

No, he needs to be the villain for a Plastic Man movie.

>the most famous kite-related person in history!

nah, Granite Lady.

It revived the weird crush I've had on Captain Boomerang since the '90s, so that was nice.

this was an awful summer for movies

But I thought SS was a flop?

Yes...a critical flop.

From the same critics that gave Ghostbusters good reviews?

Yes it was that bad.

That just shows how bad Suicide Squad was.

Ghostbusters was an incredible movie that failed because mysoginists were afraid of females in movies.

Suicide Squad was rapey and played to manbabies and should have failed

Since the Bat-Universe was able to make this thing float, I expect reshoots on WW and this going forward.

Or it shows that critics have bad taste in movies this year.

If they did then Suicide Squad would have been critically acclaimed.

What's the correlation between SS being a shit movie and Ghostbusters 2016?

Didn't see it, no intention of seeing it, and judging from its IMDB rating, along with the fact that they apparently turned the Squad into a family of lovable rogues or some shit, it may actually not be that good, but I'm glad it did well; it's difficult not to see this film as some sort of underdog, or as the "little movie that could" as OP put it. The freakout from the critics was worth it, and given their overblown reaction towards its financial success, quality of the movie aside, and the exaggeratedly low RT rating it received, it's hard not to believe that many of them don't have an axe to grind against DC. Success of the film means that people may be starting to think for themselves while putting pro critics on less of a pedestal. I'm glad others saw it for me, just for that.

This.

critics like marlel movies. They have objectively shit taste

They seemed to love this movie, hilariously bad writing and all.

Why do people seem to be believe that people wasting their money to see a bad movie is somehow refreshing and not just a retread of the shit we endured for years in regards to Summer Blockbuster?

>ITT: marveldrones about to enter depression stage

If Denial was calling it a flop at release, and bargaining was the meme math, then in a couple weeks maybe they'll finally accept that SS was a good movie.

In fact Superman Returns, V for Vendetta, the Nolan Trilogy, all these films got positive reviews on WB's aggregate site.

Because critics are the root of all evil after giving a mediocre all female reboot of a franchise nobody gives a shit about anymore a pass but trashed a poorly edited, poorly scripted, poorly acted music video featuring the Joker for 7 minutes. So now this "underdog" $325 million dollar movie is sticking it to critics somehow by being frontloaded like every DCEU flick.

>the little movie that could
>likely cost around 250 million before marketing given they reshot around 25% of the movie
>implying this even means anything when this summer has been full of high profile flops
lol

If it puts an end to the 3 years plus of Snyder defense thread, I'll even agree that it's a STELLAR MOVIE 10/10.

Anything to stop the flow of bitch tears and Goyer-rationalization.

Time for Justice League to play out like a music video and redesign the heroes so they can market it to the Hot Topic crowd.

Old ass films. People will be bringing up the Nolan Trilogy twenty years from now, even though expectations towards cape movies were very different, and loyalty towards the MCU brand non-existent.

>Suicide Squad cleared #4 on the most profitable movie this summer.
NO IT'S STILL A FLOP

STOP TROGGERING ME

>and loyalty towards the MCU brand non-existent.
Yeah just look at Days of Future Past and Deadpool. Maybe WB just need to stop making shit movies.

I thought he would get one bit of action before his death.

There were a couple of articles saying that Suicide Squad negated the "progress" of Ghostbusters. It's all very weird.

>Old ass films.

Rises came out the same year as The Avengers, 2012.

What are you, 12?

>literally half of some talking animal movie
>DCucks will call this a win

What a time we live in.

>likely cost around 250 million before marketing given they reshot around 25% of the movie

forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#3be751122f36

friendly reminder that Guardians of the Galaxy outright lied about their budget to make it seem more successful, and probably came in at far more than reported.

Friendly reminder that Civil War reportedly cost $250 million before marking, and considering Disney has a proven track record of lying probably came in at far more.

Friendly reminder that making up numbers and tacking them onto the budget doesn't change reality, and the reality was that Suicide Squad was a huge hit.

>No one really cares
>I-I'll be butt-flustered for them, y-yeah!

Friendly reminder that this is a stale copypasta

I was gonna argue but you're right. It isn't that good.

>and the reality was that Suicide Squad was a huge hit.
Must be nice being delusional

You would think e sjws would be praising it.
Its an mostly female team lead by a strong independent black women where the racist bogan gets the complete short end of the stick at the end.

Not just Suicide Squad

Under the Critics everything released this summer not Ghostbusters or Civil War was awful.

t-this wasnt supposed to happen

DELETE THIS

>Under the Critics everything released this summer not Ghostbusters or Civil War was awful.
Finding Dory, Sausage Party, Kubo, Lights Out, etc. were all well received.

Fox isn't seen as the rival sports team, like DC is, or associated with the like of Snyder. Say what you will about his excesses but they hate that guy to a seemingly personal degree.

They dont have bad taste to have problems with suicide squad it was a heavily flawed film it is fun to watch in spite of that.

>fun to watch in spite of that.
Only if you're retarded

Apologize!

But they gave it average reviews.

see

So was both the new Mel Gibson movies, the new Star Trek and Don't Breathe, but DCucks only care about their capekino meme.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=dc2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel2014a.htm

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>333 Million domestic after 25 weeks
>773 Million worldwide after 25 weeks
>Budget: Reported at $170, later revealed to be $232

>Domestic Gross at 4 weeks: $284 million
>Chinese box office: $96 million
>Worldwide box office without China: $667 million
>Mexican box office: $19 million
>Suicide Squad
>301 Million domestic after 4.9 weeks
>679 Million worldwide after 4.9 weeks
>Budget: $175 million

>Domestic Gross at 4 weeks: $287 million
>Did not open in China, the second-largest move market in the world
>Due to a contract conflict, Suicide Squad had distribution issues in Mexico, yet made $26 million dollars there
>Opens in Japan tomorrow, projected to add $10 million

reminder that Guardians is literally only successful because Marvel panders to China.

>he isn't black

YOU HAD ONE JOB

>facts I don't like
>b...better call it copypasta! That immediately makes it untrue!

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/friendly reminder that Guardians of the Galaxy outright lied about their budget to make it seem more successful, and probably came in at far more than reported. Friendly reminder that Civil War reportedly cost $250 million before marking, and considering Disney has a proven track record of lying probably came in at far more. /

>Error!
>No results found.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAO

the numbers are right here, cuckboi Where are your numbers?

Totally not a samefag DCuck

>Guardians of the Galaxy
> 4,080 theaters

>Suicide Squad
>4,255 theaters

>skwad has 32 million domestic to go to beat Guardians, and Guardians reached those numbers in 20 weeks more than Skwad

>Skwad will at minimum make 700 million at the end, meaning that 23 million of Guardians' 96 million of chink money goes towards tying with SS

A movie with six years of marketing by the world's biggest media conglomerate was outpaced by a movie about Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn's ass that the entire media got on their hands and knees and begged people around the clock for over a year not to go see.

Not bad for the "Donald Trump of movies"

N-no one cares! That's why there were so many butthurt MCUcks posting meme math!

Right. Keep telling yourself that.

>the entire media got on their hands and knees and begged people around the clock for over a year not to go see.
>mfw they did just that, without any shame and they are downplaying how much of a success SS is even now.

>67% drop second week
This triggers the DCCuck

So skwad was front-loaded and made as much because DC floaded it into all markets on releash while Guardians had strong legs and actually exceeded expectations and skwad will still not beat it domestically or internationally at this point. Sounds about right.

>outpaced by a movie about Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn's ass
You know this doesn't work when the adverts highlighted Joker and Batman's cameos not anything you described meanwhile didn't see Iron Man or Cap in Guardians.

So now Suicide Squad will share the san=me mantle as Bayformers, be considered flavor of the month trash and be instantly forgotten as shit.

>Civil War: 59.3% drop second week
>Meanwhile Ghostbusters had a 53% drop

You do understand that the reason all superhero movies have massive drops their second week due to their built-in audiences all going the first week, right? This has been true since Batman '89.

Movies that a lot of people go see in their first week show drops for the second week because everybody has already seen them.

Does BvS count as summer since it was released in March?

>B-b-b-but Marvel

Hook line and sinker

Except those are both normal drops DCuck. Getting over 60% following week isn't normal not even Bayformers get those kinds of drops hence why people made about deal about the percentage drop of both.
>Movies that a lot of people go see in their first week show drops for the second week because everybody has already seen them.
And at most they drop in 50 percentile, if the movie was poorly received they drop even more due to bad word of the mouth.

>reading comprehension