Heard from some fa/tv/irgins that this show is secretly better than GoT? Is that true...

heard from some fa/tv/irgins that this show is secretly better than GoT? Is that true? Is this an underrated gem I should spend like 40+ hours on or an OK to mediocre show hyped up by contrarians?

Definitely a lot better than GoT, Black Sails is actually a decent show.

Absolutely superior show with better effects, more coherent plot, and more well-rounded characters based largely off a better novel.

Also it pays significant homage to American folk hero pirates

It's good but I swear to God, Max is even more annoying than Dany.

Only seen season 1 and I absolutely hated it, it circlejerked about Muh empowered women just like GoT with the blonde whore who was the centerpiece of damn near everything and told everyone what to do.
Then she lies to her black butler and that's A-Okay but then he lies to her and she acts like it's the end of the world.
And the pirates didn't have enough focus, it was mainly about the annoying blonde cunt who was a terrible actress.

Great show, up there with Spartacus for sure.
First season was definitely the lowpoint though, and Max is insufferable as hell. But then you have Flint, Vane, Silver. All great characters.
And everytime the Urca got to use it's guns was orgasmic.

But I really want to fuck her unlike dany

>tfw nothing will ever be as interesting, groundbreaking, or ambitious as Spartacus

It has some serious ups and downs (namely everything regarding most of the female characters) but god damn are the highs worth it.

>secretly
off yourself

seems pretty secret to me, i haven't heard anyone talk about it outside of Sup Forums

It has many characters that you wanna pine for unlike got. Plus its naval war scenes are top tier even on a lower budget.

No.

In GoT all of the fags are gay, in Black Sails he's the main star until the very bitter end.

Avoid this show like the aids it is.

*all of the fags are dead

Oh please. I think gays are pretty gross, but it was incredibly well, and tastefully done in Black Sails.

This and I hate how forgiving everyone is, such as when rackham goes to the island to kill Rodgers and flint. Then let's flint and silver on board for no reason, next minute they are making extreme demands and are preparing to kill him if he refuses

Why is it even compared to got? Because it's also a departure from the book(s) it's based on?

It's a lot closer tonally to something like vikings. Even then not really.

>(You)

Twin Peaks is the best show on TV right now, plebs.

And stupid.

He had a perfectly good ship capable of--- if not saving blackbear at least avenge him immediatly.

Such a non-homosexual faggot character.

>Only seen season 1 and I absolutely hated it, it circlejerked about Muh empowered women

And you were ok with the ending?

"muh le based prostitute black girl is the real winner!"

I'm very surprised that the landwhales didn't adopt this show.

Those gay faggots are so homosexual, it makes me want to put my dick in a guy's ass. I can't rectumize any other solution.

Can someone get into Twin Peaks without watching season 1 & 2?

but flint is literally stannis if he was the main character
both are completely BASED

Yes, its not like the plot makes any sense anyways.

Its postmodernist like most modern media.

Maybe. Ask /tpg/ some anons did that. I watched everything first.

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

You don't know me bitch

First two seasons are good, the third is very average, and the fourth goes to shit. SJW shit starts infecting the show in season three as the writers began taking their emphasis off of the character arc of Captain Flint, trying to make other characters, particularly female characters, shine. It's worth the investment but only if by the third, or at least the fourth season you start fast forwarding through all of the scenes spearheaded by women. I'm not a misogynist-- their characters are really just that badly written.

It's definitely not a better show than Game of Thrones. GoT has a better budget, better developed characters and more engrossing plot lines. Way more flesh than Black Sails.

truth

worth it just for punished flint

Not really comparable if you want fantasy stuff.

Slower and far more characterisation.

Ending on the final season was shit though

I've heard it gets better as it goes along?

better characters and writing for sure

You heard wrong, read Sup Forums instead.

most shows are better than GoT.

seasons 2, 3 and 4 are so much better

>one of the most bittersweet endings for a character in a tv show
>people have a problem with this

>bittersweet
>have homosex for the rest of your life while living in a relaxed tropical paradise away from war and le british society

oh but they sometimes have to work, its another shoa goyim!

it was a fucking prison and rehab you retarded Sup Forumsack

>homosexuality in humans existing for over 2000 years
>sees multiple lesbians in tv show set in 1700s
>sees 2 gay dudes in tv show set in 1700s
>it must be the jews and SJWs

>rehab

kek, rehabilitate them from what?

The guards literally let them kiss and fondle each other with no interruption in sight.

It was just a country club for mentally ill aristocrats.

>It was just a country club for mentally ill aristocrats.

(((Coincidentially))) you could argue the same thing about muh evil concentration camps.

Sup Forums is right again

they literally talk about it during the opening scene of the episode, with the prison head describing the place to john silver's messenger.

>talks about how britain needs to humanely treat their criminals instead of throwing them in the ground and pretending they don't exist only for them to leave that hole worse than before
>prisoners work and rehabilitate themselves to be reintroduced into society as better men
>they literally hug and then kiss and thats it
>guards don't do anything because "muh jews"

Sup Forums is too autistic to not be right occasionally lmao

TITS
TITS

It's pretty okay, Season 1 sucks if you like pirates though because it's all about Eleanor.

Also, this show has atrocious dialogue. It's so wordy it borders on being preposterous. No one in real life talks like the characters do in this show, they go on and on and on, and every pirate, whore and whatnot, has seemingly had oratory lessons and graduated from Oxford. Character's give each other speeches and never just fucking gets to the point.

Max's droning voice and never ending dialogue is insufferable, but honestly, so is Silver's, Rackham's, Eleanor and at times even Flint and Vane. Max is one of the worst characters I've ever seen come to life.

Despite this, yes, the show is actually pretty good and has some really high highs.

the horse chase scene when rescuing rackham in season 3 was brilliant

also the spanish invasion is season 4 was pretty intense

>hating on rackham
I will give you max since she was a massive cunt and a pain to listen to with that random ass accent but rackham was great.

Yep, definite high points. I also liked the storming on the slave's island's beach by the brits and Blackbeard's intervention. Also, Flint going Rambo in the jungle taking out all the heavy hitters from his crew on his own

Rackham is fucking amazing, I could watch a spinoff with him and Anne.

Such a shame they set up his real life ending for him.

Yeah, I'm just glad we didn't get to see it. I spent the entire last season just being worried they'd give him his real life ending.

Half the characters belong in an edgy HBO show, and the other half belong in an edgy version of Treasure Island. It leads to bizarre shifts in tone as scenes jump from character to character.

Also, it is yet another period piece that revolves around the political intrigues of a brothel. Why does this keep happening? It goes beyond just empowering women, because these shows have muh powerful women outside of the brothel.

meme thread. the show is garbage