Gwenpool #6 Preview

Guest starring Miles "Steal your Girl" Morales

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-1218
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This should be interesting

Wait a fucking second, this isn't a real issue! That means she's not actually from our world, just one extremely similar.

That does't read like a Benis comic at all

So they're implying the real world was destroyed by an incursion?

What a fatty

I got to admit, I kind of like where this is going.

Wait a fucking second x2, so Miles doesn't remember the Ultimate Universe either? Maybe it was a Flashpoint/New 52 deal like with Flash where your memories of your old universe fade out and get replaced by your new memories over time?

This could all have been cleared up if Bendis had fucking addressed it in his comic instead of needing Gwen to piece it together.

Why do they choose such mediocre cosplays for these covers?

>What are you doing in here?
>What are YOU doing in here?
Yeah it does.

What happened to the animu artist?

I have seen people get the details from super heroe costumes way better than this all the time

The costume itself is good, but the model isn't tall enough.

The fact that the issue of Ultimate Spider-man she's reading isn't a real one that ever came out would imply that she's not actually from the "real world" but just a world that's near identical to ours. Both her universe and ours use 616 as the basis for the main marvel universe and 1610 for the ultimate one, but the actual events that were published in her universe are different than ours. Ever so slightly different.

Hastings is the only one to make Miles tolerable

This and the previous issue are done by a fill-in artist. Gurihiru will be back next issue.

He good in almost all of his guest appearances.

Everythind Died, user. If you assume that "our world" is part of the Marvel multiverse, then it'd have to have died too.

I wonder what weird continuity discrepancies were caused by Reed fucking up while remaking it.
>Reed and Franklin are responsible for the current ridiculous state of the world
T-Thanks.

Yes, according to Brevoort.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-1218

he's boring in Avengers

Is that sunflower on her wall the crazy one from Undermeme?

I would imagine because they don't want to go for "professional" cosplayers. All of the ones I've seen were well-made but still have that "amateur homemade" look that's still kind of shitty if endearingly so.

he isnt a guest there

Everyone is shit in that book

>He good in almost all of his guest appearances.
>guest appearances

Not exactly but close enough. Like the vaguely Sailor Jupiter-looking grill.

Maybe it's the fact that the regular artists are returning soon, but Strychalski and how goofy they make Gwen look is kind of growing on me.

Isn't the girl on the Squirrel Girl cover a famous cosplayer? And I'm pretty sure they used Yaya Han before.

That was just my assumption based on all the ones I've seen so far. If so then I could be wrong.

Same here, I love her face in this third panel

Unless that was a real issue, but then Secret Wars happened and when our Earth was remade it had no longer been printed but Gwen still remembers because she's from the pre-Secret Wars real world.

For as much as anti-waifu people shit on gwenpool they have been utilizing her knowledge of the Marvel U in interesting ways like this right here.

That would make sense.

It's genuinely the main reason I'm enjoying this comic so much. The cute is just icing on the cake.

Who's the muscle man with the fine facial hair?
>that sword
Gwen confirmed for weeb.

Does Miles have any white male friends?

>Gwen confirmed for weeb.
This is hilarious in hindsight, since she didn't actually know how to use one.

I have to say, I really like the googly eyed look she has there in the last panel.

Well, Champions will have baby Scott?

Since she has to ask these questions it gives the impression that she doesn't know about things that happened after secret wars, including retcons that happened post secret wars like Miles's family being alive.

That depends on whether Sam ranks as "friend" or just "acquaintance"

True

And even then he's only half-white.

>What are YOOUU doing here?

>a super villain is born.jpg

so smol

Because she's in 616 due to Secret Wars.

Isn't half of Miles the other half of Sam?

Sam is half Mexican while Miles is half Puerto Rican

Please let Ultimate Spider-woman be alive

>important characters

She was the most important member of his supporting cast after Ganke and his dad

>I really like the googly eyed look
The technical term you're looking for is: RAPEFACE!

No one that already had an active 616 version got to come over. Miles, his parents, Bombshell, Ganke, and Judge were Ultimate-exclusive characters with no 616 counterparts. 616 Reed is outside the universe, so Ultimate Reed took his place (though him coming over seems to be separate from MM's favor to Miles since he directly acknowledges the fact that he's not from this universe unlike Miles).

Unfortunately for Jessica, there's both already a Jessica Drew and already a "clone of Peter Parker."

It's clearly the one from Plants vs Zombie.

>you will never play Gwen's ass-cheeks like bongo drums

I hate life

>No one that already had an active 616 version got to come over.
by "active" do you mean "is currently a super hero" or is alive?

Cause didn't 616 Pete look up Miles and find something like his family was dead or something? Did we ever get to see what he found?

He searched his name on google, then had a shocked face and nothing else ever came of it. Maybe Peter was shocked to find out that there isn't a single person name Miles Morales in the entirety of 616. I'd find that pretty shocking, since it's not like it's that unique of a name.

where has he been a guest in that isn't written by Bendis, Waid or Slott? He was shit in Hickman's Secret Wars too

Bendis actually addressing something to clear up continuity? You sure you're not coming from a different universe? Hell I've seen Marvel further compound the issue of continuity by having Miles and Jeen talking about something that had happened back when the O5 went to the Ultimate Universe over in Nova

Dum Dum Dugan?

I had to reread that line a few times, I kept thinking she said MILFS and was trying to make sense of the bubble.

One of the first issues of Totally Awesome Hulk.
He was pretty funny there

literally just black Peter Parker.

I don't see how his race is relevant to that page.

>clothes littered across the room
>no panties
Disappointed.

I guess the point user was trying to make is there's still nothing to Miles's character beyond just being a black spiderman. He still has the same personality as Peter most of the time.

>Miles isn't some wild character in his own book
>No personality!
>In his guest appearances he's more humorous
>Black Peter!
Miles is shit but Sup Forums has no idea why.

she doesn't own panties, user

Classic Bendis. Can't keep track of his own retcon history.

And Ultimate Reed, of course.

Because when the writer who created him writes him, he has the equivalent personality of a plank of wet wood.

When other writers write him, they have no clue what to do with him so they just use what they know- Peter.

Seems pretty clear, Miles is boring.

>No personality
Do you guys that say these shit even know what personalities are

Thing is that he's just "teen spider-man" not "black spider-man." His blackness is practically irrelevant to his character regardless of how hard Bendis tries otherwise now that his uncle is dead and thus a non-factor.

You could make Miles white and it really wouldn't change his character much at all. And yes, there is a character there despite what people claim otherwise, it's just not a particularly engaging one.

This wasn't written by Bendis.

He shows plenty of personality that isn't boring though.

yeah, stuff like catchphrases, favorite foods, specific things that tick them off

When you put it that way, you're right. Miles really does need a catch-phrase. Peter has "crazy town banana pants," so what should Miles' be?

>running and screaming counts as having a personality

If you say so.

>Only you and your family and other important characters made it here from the ultimate universe!

... ouch

It shows who he is though, he had no idea what he could do to help he just knew he had to do something, so he did something, even if that something is just running into battle screaming. It shows that at the end of the day Miles is just a kid who has no idea how to be a hero, but he still tries.

So this is a definitive, NO, Miles doesn't remember his old universe,right?

So like every teen hero? That doesn't really tell me a lot about Miles as a person, it just tells me that with "great power comes great responsibility."

With the kind of work Marvel editors are doing right now?
No, it isn't

Most at least pretend they know what they're doing when they put on the mask, Miles doesn't, he doesn't try to cover up the fact he's not an expert at being a hero, he doesn't fake confidence, he does what he does with his heart on his sleeve and gets to business.

That's... not a personality quirk, dude. That's just Miles literally not knowing what he's doing. Which is fine for a character arc.

You also have to take into account how a character is written. Even with that "personality" he's still written as being really bland as both a person and a superhero.

So when is Miles going to get his own name?

Because Pete's not going away and being the secondary Spider-Man is pretty de-legitimising for the character.

Hol up

I was sure that Miles remembered Ultimate, that's why that last panel of him in Secret Wars had him so emotional to see his mom.

>Being as straightforward and open as possible isn't a personality quirk
You what? Disliking Miles is fine (because he's as shit as SamNova), but I think you might not understand what a personality is.

What an awful example. You couldn't use the page where he wakes up and realizes his mom is dead and makes the Spiderman NO MORE claim?

That's BULLSHIT, Maria Hill told him what to do. Get there and just save as many people as possible until she could get there with back up. This whole rushing in thing is what got his mom killed. This issue, overall was good and what followed was good but for Miles and his dad it (no pun intended) ultimately led nowhere. Even before he jumped universes it just fizzled out into Miles being a hero just because. Then after the universe hop ANYTHING almost any old plot point or motivation that you could have brought back up gets erased. And there's this thing that's seemingly part of human nature to blame a fictional character. Like a real animosity for someone who doesn't actually exist for the way they behave. And it's ridiculous but natural. You kind of blame what's in front of you. Miles at his best, you kind of hit on. His most interesting story points were when he was uncertain of himself. When he first started and was tackling how to carry on Peters legacy was interesting but dropped. When he was uncertain about being Spiderman and Jessica and Gwen and MJ had to encourage him. was nice. But outside of those few moments. He was just there in a Spiderman costume. And now those moments, at least for now didn't even happen. so "616" is just a guy that's there for no reason. Has no reason to name himself Spiderman, has no reason to be a hero, has no solid personality. And that is the writers fault, that is Bendis's fault. He wanted Miles to be Spiderman and it seems like he didn't think a damn thing through when he was making it happen. Because all the personality he did have which wasn't a lot is gone.

But that's my view on the subject.

Maybe he remembered it initially, but then gradually the old memories faded and he came to believe he was always in 616?

I think it's too late now. He's been established as Spider-man for so long now it might seem weird to just give him a new name.

Honestly I don't see it happening any time soon. I mean in the MU we currently have:
2 Wasps
2 Hulks (as of USAvengers)
2 Captain Americas
2 Nighthawks
2 Hawkeyes
2 Thors
2 Novas
3 Spider-Men
2 Enchantresses
The list goes on I'm sure

>Maybe he remembered it initially, but then gradually the old memories faded and he came to believe he was always in 616?
Probably this. Same thing that happened with Barry in Flashpoint/New 52. Memories of the old universe get rewritten by memories of the new one.