Leafs of Sup Forums, tell me your thoughts on this fella

Leafs of Sup Forums, tell me your thoughts on this fella.

objectively he's pretty good

i don't follow the news but i dislike him because he gets posted on here every day for something stupid

French Canadian homo assistant drama teacher who tumbled down the stairs one too many times.

Based on?

He's just a typical career politician. He talks like an SJW (which triggers the living fuck out of right wingers) but that is just for votes, his actions show that he has no principles one way or another other than staying in power. He is probably corrupt, members of his party usually are, but the country wont completely go to shit during his time in office, and he will likely be voted out in 5 years or so, possibly less.

He's incredibly obnoxious but most of his substantive policies are quite moderate. That may be owed to the fact that others in his cabinet are deciding his policies while he focuses on what he signed up for politics for - the spotlight and the ability to cosplay as Indians. That said, he's still quite lukewarm on things like pipelines and clearly struggles to make decisions which are unfavoured by his social media fanbase.

Unfortunately, the conservative candidate, Scheer, is boring even to my 90-year-old grandmother. 2019 will be between Trudeau and Singh and Singh just seems like a concentrated version of the worst parts of Trudeau without any of the centrism.

Has an interesting cabinet.

I had high hopes but hes been a resounding disappointment. Cant believe my options are him, a fat man baby from alberta and binder boy who doesn't even have a seat in the house.

Barely literate idiot who couldn't string together a coherent sentence without his handlers whispering in his earpiece.
His father was a selfish narcissist but also a genius, PM Zoolander on the other hand inherited his Hollywood starlet mothers brains.

That said, I think he's a genuinely nice guy who wants to do what's right. Unfortunately, he's completely in the thrall of his puppet-masters; who've abandoned sensible Liberal Party policies for virtue signalling and calling down the harpies on anyone insufficiently adjusted to the new bien-pensant prog parameters of the day.

I will unironically vote for Andrew Scheer because of him. I hope that puts it in perspective

imo Scheer is meant to be an interim leader, the Conservatives just don't expect Trudeau to lose the next election. After 2019 he will be replaced by a more serious candidate.

Jagmeet Singh is a joke, th NDP fell for one viral video and elected a fool, but whatever, the whole party is a joke and will never form government.

>your thoughts on this fella.
I never imagined I'd miss Cretien and Martin so much. Even Harper was better.

He like to virtue signal.

Bernier would’ve been a much better choice than Scheer. Scheer is the most generic Conservative politician I’ve seen in a long time - absolutely incapable of generating any excitement.

Singh is a nightmare for the NDP too. He literally won’t get any votes outside of Toronto and Vancouver.

I expect another Liberal government, probably a minority this time. I’m okay with that, Trudeau pretends to be a retard but his actual policies are pretty centrist and we’ve had far worse PMs. He’s good for a laugh as well.

Harper was objectively one of the best leaders in any modern Western democracy.

No, not really.
Contrary to facebook infographics you've seen, cabinet ministers being appointed to their posts because of previous experience in related fields, is common practice in Westminster system governments.

This

excellent

Bernier is despised in Quebec and is english is worse than Chretien's.

>Bernier is despised in Quebec

I don't think this is true, but it doesn't matter anyway. The rest of Canada hates Quebec and the Conservatives will probably never do well in that province.

It is, dude is your typical "Nous les Beacerons" smug prick.

Is Trudeau trying to hard?

Nah, he really is that stupid.

Yes. More than a few lefty students are already disenchanted with him.

I'm not too well educated on what he personally and done, but I feel like his excessive pandering is not what a leader of state should be doing, and the job should carry some level of professionalism. Needless to say, I wouldn't mind the cosplay if he would deal with the largest issues facing the country, which are income inequality, the looting of national resources by foreign companies, the economic importance of the Northwest passage and the densification and price of real estate in the select few urban areas

Trudeau campaigned on electoral reform (proportional representation), which would have helped the real left-wing parties (NDP and Green) get more representation in the legislature, but basically said fuck that shit after getting elected with a majority government. I think a lot of lefties voted for him because of that promise, and he is going to get burned bad in the next election when they go back to voting NDP and Green. Even those of us who don't support electoral reform got a good look at what a lying scum bag Trudeau is.

clown

He's literally stupid and a fucking traitor that deserves to hang

Complete economic rebound after his budget came into effect.

desu as far as your typical politician goes my only big problem with him is shit like that pic.

Stop pandering, your policies and general politics show us you're progressive, you don't need to dog whistle that fucking hard.

>imo Scheer is meant to be an interim leader, the Conservatives just don't expect Trudeau to lose the next election. After 2019 he will be replaced by a more serious candidate.

Sounds good, frankly in all my time voting I have voted conservative the most but there is 0 chance I'm voting for Sheer, he's American politics in a maple package, not even once am I voting for that religion over party over country shit.

I cannot fucking believe the NDP went with that meme candidate though. It's like they want to prove they can lose any of the gains they made with Jack Layton. Mulcair already lost most of it in a single election.

why is being progressive a 'good' thing anyway?

>the economic importance of the Northwest passage

The only thing that can be done about that is militarily, need navy assets in the area, not for the threat but simply for the "This is already being used for the nation".

The US is going to go all out to try and take it over just like they did for Panama and the Brits did with the Suez.

By what fucking measure? Selling our country out to the Chinese and gutting our resources management and healthcare to create a fake surplus in time for every election?