youtube.com/watch?v=_spLE_dQw_g
reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/2o0qx3/where_to_start_with_mcgann_audiobooks/
play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/3BFUkCc66MYE363U01kPqr
play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/6UVdIkUcqgZVqa2CtmMwQz
play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/3cuz41cVL7GfPURZn45Ml7
play.spotify.com/user/doctorwhoofficial/playlist/3P2b8HVzEHJ9DZqZ8V5PqV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ywn get drunk with jenna

>(Reposting this, I promise I won't post it in future threads if it's annoying you desu)

I'm working on my own (third) album but I'm seriously losing motivation for it due to depression and shit, so I need to do something a little fun to take the pressure off.

What I'm gonna do is make an album (or at least an EP) of Doctor And The Whos (or related fake band) songs. Suggest me some potential DW-related song titles, album titles, band names, song lyrics, song topic ideas, (can be shitposty or serious) etc and I'll choose my favourites and actually make the album a real thing.

You have my word, /who/.

youtube.com/watch?v=_spLE_dQw_g
Do something like this.

>tfw you replied to lym in the last thread but he never replied back

I was schleeping boi

And where we're going, we don't need eyes.

Seemingly from at least the regenerations into the Tenth, the Eleventh, and the Sixth, he does generate a brand new hairdo which, I prefer to believe, he never has to adjust afterwards. It's timelord magic.

kek you do realise that the Doctor's clothes regenerated with him in The Tenth Planet/The Power of the Daleks?

6 doesn't have a perm, does he? That's his hair.

retardis

Remember when we all thought The Wheel in Space was going to be animated and not done as a generic recon?

There we are, curly hair. He got more curly as his power level increased.

It hurts so much that after Capaldi there will never be another Doctor that actually saw some of the missing episodes when they aired

All the animation looks fucking shit though, I'd rather they did it Clutch Cargo-style.

>Sixie's costume isn't fun!

>doctor who is deaf

>You've never been a woman, have you?
>I'm not sure I've ever even been a man.
from the EDA novels

yo lym just listened to some of your music, nice stuff, very chilled vibe (which I like), some pretty full on layering and stuff too, bet it took a while to produce. 2 albums in the 1 year is v impressive too.

play in any bands or just do solo stuff?

Ayy thank you, I'm not particularly proud of the production on those, though. I think my new one will be much better, if I ever actually find the motivation to finish it.

And nah, I was gonna have a band but they all bailed on me desu

>How can one episode be so kino?

production is a bitch, i have a bunch of stuff i can't be fucked recording any time soon cause i don't like mixing anything with a lot of instruments and i can hardly afford getting someone else to mix.

bands are great fun when everyone's invested but yeah it's a pain to manage and annoying when they bail.

REMINDER:

Chibbs will fuck earths canon so hard, dont be surprised if entire countries get destroyed permanently during his first series.

I generally don't have a problem with production, I sometimes just feel unmotivated because of shit like depression and lack of confidence in my voice.

>entire countries get destroyed permanently
Probably Belgium.
Capcha predicts a multi-RTD episode

Taking lessons can be handy so someone else can analyse what to work on and~or make you more confident since they're not you and have a better measure of your particular skills

quel dommage!

Definitely. I think the motivation is more of a problem for me though, generally I just want to do nothing but sleep.

Where does this idea come from?

why does everyone else seem to get word captchas and i get the shitty "click the boxes with cars in them" or "draw around the street sign" ones

yeah that sounds like depression alright, that's rough m8 \: you seeing anyone about it or anything? it's nice to talk to folks online but there are i r l people better at helping too.

you have to enable legacy captcha in your settings, it's much better

You can choose legacy captcha in settings. It was a lifesaver honestly, sometimes I'd get like six "street signs" things in a row before it was verified.

oh. holy shit. im an idiot. thank you neo!! the newer captchas take so long, im sick of them

I just have Dollchan script installed, this is what it gives me.

No worries. Yeah the clicky ones are absolutely terrible. I guess they motivate you to buy a Sup Forums pass? I only know one person who actually has one of those though

thank you also, lym! it's appreciated

yeah, that's probably why. but there's no worth in one if you can freely switch back to the older captchas

i just switched on legacy captcha and it's giving me the word ones now, so its all good!!

>da earf is meant to be shared in 1000 yearz!!!!!

Yeah, I do see a psychiatrist like once every month, although it's usually for antidepressant stuff (they suggested lowering the dosage lately).

>mfw someone puts Eight at the bottom of their favourite Doctor list

prettiest doctor coming through. move aside, lads

we really are lucky that the god awful (albeit fun) movie had an enthusiastic actor who we can be proud of

Well that's good I suppose. /who/ is always here but yeah, take care of yourself man \:

W-what if some of us love the movie

>tfw the qtest companion only exists in audio format

why live

>prettiest doctor

yeah. the movie was fun, but i feel like it would've been so much worse if paul wasn't the lead for it. he took what should've been a total mess and made it enjoyable. no matter the problems with the rest of the movie, the doctor himself was excellent in it (and the controversial half-human comment can be chalked up to post-regeneration confusion, if you so desire)

paul's characterisation of eight gave way to such a unique, yet quintessential, version of the doctor. eight in the audios and the novels and comics is so, so good (with paul being directly responsible for the quality of the first of the three) and it really all comes down to how well paul portrayed him in the tv movie

i can't stress enough how much i love eight, and by extension, paul. TRULY eighth doctor best doctor

that's okay, i enjoyed it too. but you have to admit it probably wouldn't have been as fun with a lower quality actor as the lead

Hello Anons. I've just discovered a lot of DW audios with 8th Doctor on Spotify. Tell me what should I listen to first?

eight's audios are best listened to chronologically because of how they all sorta follow on, imo? but maybe someone else can weigh in on that. his first audio is Storm Warning, and it's quite important to listen to that one first ahead of all the others

sorry for linking to reddit but there's a fairly good guide here for someone just getting into his audios:
reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/2o0qx3/where_to_start_with_mcgann_audiobooks/

Oh for sure, McGann is definitely the thing that works the most. 8 is absolutely incredible. I went off televised Doctor Who for a few years back in the day, but never stopped listening to McGann's audios. He IS Doctor Who.

Eighth Doctor monthly playlist 1 play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/3BFUkCc66MYE363U01kPqr

Eighth Doctor monthly playlist 2
play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/6UVdIkUcqgZVqa2CtmMwQz

Eighth Doctor monthly playlist 3
play.spotify.com/user/legopercyj/playlist/3cuz41cVL7GfPURZn45Ml7

Eighth Doctor Adventures playlist
play.spotify.com/user/doctorwhoofficial/playlist/3P2b8HVzEHJ9DZqZ8V5PqV

I would try out some from monthly playlist 1 first. If they don't click with you, try the Adventures playlist

Is there even any point in finding the missing episodes when we have this?

We're also lucky that the TV series for which the movie was supposed to be the pilot never actually took off.
God knows what we would've gotten with all that crazy shit Phillip Whatever-his-last-name is (Seagal? Seagull?) was proposing - you know, the Doctor and the Master being brothers, and them searching for their father Ulysses.
Instead we got a wonderful range of books and audio dramas, and, in the end, proper NuWho.

Good morning /who/!

Let's play a game. Name that one episode you started but could never finish it because it was boring and you considered filler or even non-canon to the series.

>He IS Doctor Who.
yes!! of course, he is a bit different from earlier portrayals in some ways, but that's alright. i like the differences between each incarnation, it keeps things fresh. and eight really was quite unique, but one of the defining traits of the doctor (for me, at least!) is that he makes you truly appreciate the wonder of the universe that's out there... and no doctor has done that quite as well as eight has for me.

i'm still early on in the novels, but i also appreciate how he makes the people he encounters see the wonder of everything in general - even the day-to-day, regular life stuff. one scene in Vampire Science just really stuck with me, where he asks a girl about her university work and she starts rambling on about it and she gets self-conscious cus she's like "uhh sorry, i know this is all boring.." but eight is just sitting there, full of wonder and excitement and he's like "no, no! keep going!" and by the time the conversation ends, just by the sheer interest eight showed in her work, she had completely reinvigorated her own love for it. i guess it stuck with me because the character is a biochem major and i study zoology, so a lot of the biological concepts she was going on about, i understood, so i related to her a lot in it. and the idea of the doctor just being so unabashedly interested in all that she had to say despite his knowledge far outreaching hers by thousands of years... i don't know, it's just cute, and so indicative of the sort of person i think the doctor is at heart. ANYWAY SORRY, excuse my rambling. i just really love eight, ya know?

Is Classic Who an episode?

>dropping episodes
Weak.

kek

I don't do it or ever did, but a few episodes was quite hard to watch. Personally I hated Tooth and Claw

Morning Chantho! I found Dreamland a bit of a struggle, but got through it.

I like what you're saying user, I agree a lot. He really does appreciate the wonder of the universe properly (that's what makes his development, at least in the audios, so sad and impactful later on...) and is a romantic in the truest sense of the word!

I love your 8 rambling, don't worry!

The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People.
I've finished it but I was really struggling to continue after pic related happened.

I'm not even close to finishing his audios yet, but I've been assured by a few people that things get sad later on, so I'm crying preemptively

I rewatched that the other night, because I'm doing a watch-through of 11's era with a friend. Holy... fucking shit. Until it happened, I couldn't remember the nightmare fuel of a monster that that girl turns into at the end. Even when it did appear, I never remembered it being so horrific.

>it's a kid's show

He has so many stories that it's so neat his character makes sense even after so many audios and books and all that. I love that whole strange paradox of 8 - least amount of on-screen stories, but most amount of stories overall.

Good morning Neo!

Dreamland was quite hard too, it looked like one of those Telltale games, I wish it was a game, maybe would it be more acceptable

When I started to watch Doctor Who series 5 was the begin of my journey, had a few nightmares with these episodes, specially with Foot Smith rising from the sperm bucket, haha

it breaks my heart that 8 never got a tv series, but on the other hand... I adore the amount of detail that books and even audios give, that serials or the new!who episode formats cannot. true, I've been robbed of seeing mcgann's pretty face on my screen as often as i'd like, but i'd happily take his current story format over that just for the fact that they allow room for scenes that you wouldn't normally see in episodes that generally have to be action-packed by today's standards. it's the quiet character moments that i adore, all the little bits in between the action where they're just sitting around and talking. as long as the story i'm reading or listening to has a good grasp of characterisation, that's the moment that each individual truly shines for me. so as sad as i sometimes am that we never got mcgann on tv beyond the movie, it... really just ended up being a blessing in disguise, honestly.

Based Kel coming through.

I thought the Infinite Quest was alright at least, not great but at least watchable, some decent ideas. But Dreamland...yeesh. And I actually like Gary Russell a lot of the time too.

Yeah I feel the same way, although I wonder if we're just kind of stockholm syndrome convinced ourselves into preferring McGann's "era" as it turned out? But yeah there's definitely something unique about how it's in so many (non-TV) forms and it's so unique and complex and beautiful. NewWho is too brash and fast for a lot of what makes 8's stories great, Classic Who not ambitious or expansive enough in some ways, but wilderness era Who was just perfect for him in a lot of ways. It's amazing how big of an impact he made in the TV movie for so many books and comics to spin out well from him - the audios have his performance still, but the books and comics just had to build off that one performance in the movie. Really impressive.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCIL

>I thought the Infinite Quest was alright at least, not great but at least watchable, some decent ideas. But Dreamland...yeesh.
It's the opposite for me. I thought Dreamland was bearable but The Infinite Quest was shit.

>e-celeb trips
>thread in-jokes
>RPing
>Less about the show and more about the same people being in the same virtual room for years on end

Yeps, it's a general alright

Would you?

She looks depressed as shit

I always wonder why the BBC can't just outsource the animation to some Japanese or Korean studio.

shes acting

>I wonder if we're just kind of stockholm syndrome convinced ourselves into preferring McGann's "era" as it turned out?
It could be, but seeing as we have no way to know how we'd feel about him with a proper tv series, that'll always remain a mystery. I certainly wouldn't have loved 8 any less if he'd been on the tv instead of in books/audios (as long as his characterisation was pretty much the same) and since he seems to present as a rather "physical" doctor at times - in much the same way that 11 was, either always moving or doing so particularly when excited - i think being able to truly *see* that would've been good... but, I've learned to stop wondering about "what if" scenarios, and just come to accept that we have what we have for him, and honestly? I don't really see any negatives to his era being mostly in text or audio form, aside from one very glaring point... He gets overlooked. That's my main issue with it, really. Audios and books are often too much effort for people not fully invested in the series, and many fans - specifically new!who fans, I've noticed? - tend to stick to what they know and don't branch out, so even if they do explore some of the "extended universe" stuff, it tends to be within specific Doctors they've seen on tv and enjoyed. As a result, a lot of people just don't notice or acknowledge 8 beyond a vague "oh, yeah, i guess he was the one that came before eccles?" and that's that. He's just a space to fill on their chart of past Doctors, not someone to genuinely invest in. Which is a damn shame, because to me, 8 bridges that gap between classic and new!who perfectly. He's easily accessible and loved by people from both sides of the equation, when they care enough to acknowledge him. So, there. My only real criticism about the format that 8's stories take place in.

And I don't have any space to say the rest of what I wanted :-(

Pfft, we don't need that. We've got plenty of dedicated fans who'll do it for free. Pic related

Scaroth reporting in.

Scaroth deported out.

Check out these incredible vfx.

wow it looks real

Actually, have an "abandon thread" webm of the end of that.

Who is this fluid droid

Karen Gillan

Jodie Whittaker is the second northern working class Doctor after Chris Ecclestone.

Hello, Chantho. How is your Shit_Trips 2 entry? Deadline is August 14th. Tell me if you need an extension.

Who is this seaman denim

Who is this qt trip

Why do people with braces do open-mouthed smiles. It's too cringey.

desu i think it's kinda cute

You sound like a fascist honestly

Should they be banned from smiling because you cringe at a bit of metal?

why

I had braces myself. You look terrible if you show of your bracey-teeth.

ah, so it's just general hatred for braces because you were self-conscious about yours. smiling with braces looks fine. it looked fine whenever you did it, i'm sure, and it looks fine when everyone else does it. just because you were insecure about your braces doesn't mean everyone else should be.

well i think she's cute

Braces are a correctional device and so should not be on display.

I like this fan figure. Kept the blue-ish tie thing he wears but rest is black