American """""Architecture"""""

>American """""Architecture"""""

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2016/04/japanese-x-ray-observatory-seen-spinning-out-of-control/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoru_Yamasaki
news.nationalpost.com/news/london-skyscrapers-deathray-reflection-is-melting-cars-burning-businesses-but-also-cooking-eggs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OPs a fag

World's tallest commie block

OPs a fag

>"""""Modern""""" architecture
>literally a fucking vagina station

>a fucking staircase

I was just near that yesterday. I think it actually looks pretty good in person. Very clean, very simple. The white with the blue windows is really eye catching. Plus it's doesn't take up much space despite how tall it is. What exactly do you not like about it? It's better than overdone glass looking skyscrapers.

Its awesome OP, not sure id you mean to be condescending

Seriously? I was under the impression most people thought the WTC hub was pretty slick.

Looks comfy like pre y2k style. I like it.

that shit is cool as fuck in person, keep sitting in your room in isolation having never experienced what it's like to walk through NYC and take in the towering architectural marvels of human achievement

You have autism

to be hones that looks pretty cool, remind me the ships of the namek

I thought it was pretty cool. So clean and white, I hope it stands up to the test of time and doesn't look yellow/grimey in a few years.

It spooks me with how thin and tall it looks. Like it's gonna tip over any second.

Fuck me I used to work near that eyesore. I swear to god it's the building all of us drew when we were fucking 4 years old in pre-school.

Second tallest building in Manhattan - that ridiculous pile of shit.

Empire State Building - Gorgeous
Chrysler Building - Gorgeous
Freedom Tower - at least not grotesque
432 Park - uninspired grade schooler designed

It should be fucking demolished, the architect executed and 400 laws passed to make sure an abomination like it never rises again.

bogger than yours
sage

>missing the point

small footprint, good views in a luxury building, worth paying millions of dollars for a condo

thanks you too

I bet you think this looks good, don't you?
Die.

I love that the Sears Tower is just a pulled up soft pack of cigarettes. Reminds me of a less degenerate time every time I walk passed it.

Cities only look cool from a distance. They're the fucking ugliest, shittiest things when you get to ground level.

432 Park is literally the opposite of that though.

That is stupid and non-functional and complicated.

432 Park is simple and sleek and completely functional for what it is, as put it.

The last apartment at the top sold for 90 million. Its 2 whole floors. Most exp. apt in ny

no, i don't. you know, if you actually invested some time in something (like the subject you're talking about), opinions related to it start to become a little less black and white

Here's Barcode in Oslo, showcasing Norwegian """architecture""" of the 2010's

Nice shit excuse

One57 is pretty much the exact same in shape and purpose and doesn't look half bad.

The Nordstrom tower has and even smaller footprint and will have a far superior design

If you need to be an architect to appreciate how something looks, then that thing has failed from an aesthetics standpoint

Why did they have to change from this?

Don't forget the best building in NYC now.

I live here. This place is a kike den. You make ur money and get out

The only thing missing is a penis.

>432 Park is simple and sleek and completely functional

I'll give you simple and functional - that it is. Sleek? I see nothing sleek about it. I see boring. That is what pretty much all of New York sees. I worked less than a block away from that building for over 4 years. I never met a single person who like it, and EVERYONE talked about it, mainly because they hate it so fucking much.

Fuck that building and the assholes who approved it.

Pic related: a simple, functional and SLEEK design

I think it's funny how literally everybody in LA considers this monstrosity to be a huge embarrassmant

I don't undertand all the hate that building get, it's because it's the second tallest building in NY?
I have seen tons of buildings like that when I was there, stop pretending all the skyscrapers in NY are like the Empire State.

What is with the last century and the obsession with rectangles. It's like instead of deciding to be creative they just said 'well we can overlay some rectangles on each other', and they've been doing this for fucking decades

lawsuit from microsoft

>If you need to be an architect to appreciate how something looks, then that thing has failed from an aesthetics standpoint

you could argue that, from an aesthetics standpoint, it has succeeded in getting you to notice it and form an opinion about it. architecture is a form of art. also keep in mind of the design limitations the architects are working with. it could be a multitude of things that shape the very design of the build in the first place.

/thread

>live in jersey
>head to NYC every morning
>Do you're daily stock extanging
>Stay in NYC till 10 PM
>Arrive home by 12 AM
>Can't fucking wait to wake up to leave this shit state again.

That is how a man should live.

What the fuck? Who thought having trapezoidal windows was a good idea?

That looks glassy and stupid. Why would anyone want to live in a giant class cock?

Thing is an abomination but if a few classic buildings were saved, it's not entirely bad.

Are you serious?

American """"engineering""""

Holy fuck it's real. I thought it was a shop.

That's the ugliest fucking building I've ever seen.

>also keep in mind of the design limitations the architects are working with
Yeah, the designers of these buildings are hacks.

>I don't undertand all the hate that building get, it's because it's the second tallest building in NY?

Mostly, yes. There are plenty of boring, uninspired and even ugly buildings in New York, but they had the common god damned decency to stay under 40 stories high. Hide your ugliness behind the skyline.

That fucking thing is now the most obvious building in the city, and completely boring - the exact opposite of what New York is about. I seriously hope the fucking thing burns down.

I like it
Everyone else tries too hard
Especially China, those are the most tryhard skyscrapers I've ever seen

American """medicine"""

To give you japs credit. you can build a building which can stand a nuclear blast. but ours can't even stand a little jet fuel.

that Philip Johnson one looks like shite desu

>you could argue that, from an aesthetics standpoint, it has succeeded in getting you to notice it and form an opinion about it.

A homeless man that smells like shit standing in my face has succeeded in getting my attention and forming an opinion.

That doesn't mean that he's well put together or successful.

>Millennial architects are competing to create the biggest eyesore possible.

>Dude why did you make that building look like shit?

>HURR DURR WELL I GOT UR ATTENTION DIDNT I

>American """"law""""

OP, do you hate unappealing, but efficient, buildings or giant publicly funded conceptual art projects? One or none, faggot.

>Japanese """""engineering"""""
arstechnica.com/science/2016/04/japanese-x-ray-observatory-seen-spinning-out-of-control/

Designed by a nip.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoru_Yamasaki

Yeah Shanghai looks like garbage

The only decent looking Chinese city is Hong Kong

>british
>saves sunlight the same way desert folk saves rainwater.
>kek

Does it fry people?

you have to think of the future
there's going to be a garden of supertalls just like it and its gonna look sick
youre too short sighted

it melted some guy's car once

YFW an abnormally high number of people on that street start getting Melanoma

>news.nationalpost.com/news/london-skyscrapers-deathray-reflection-is-melting-cars-burning-businesses-but-also-cooking-eggs

you forgot your pic

here it is

that really is the goofiest looking building. I can't believe that was approved

Held up pretty damn good all things considered. Lightweight construction staved off collapse for about an hour and gave time to evacuate nearly everyone below the impact zones.

Well, on the bright side, terrorists have a new high score to aim for.

>American architecture

that thing is gonna look dated in 5 years
youre a fuckin plebeian

That's fucking stupid Ahmed.
if britfags were going to make it like that, they should've made it so that there were 4-5 concave patterns, each with a different angle so it's almost like a focus beam and takes in light, every part of the day. Do that on both sides and it will stay up too. And don't forget to harness a shit ton of solar energy from that.

Looks amazing.

if that's your argument so be it

what i meant by what i said is, urban planning is art - like a shared canvas. however, architecture is very complicated (this is an understatement) and designing something aesthetically pleasing to the environment around it, especially after hundreds of years of urban development in the area, can be far more challenging and expensive than doing something what most would consider "modern".

the city itself, much like the people who live in it, are always changing. whether you like it or not, it's happening, and the only thing you can do about it is embrace it.

Italian """"architecture""""

dont they have the exact same builing in texas?

that's Uruguayan architecture you fucking ignorant swine

You've got to admit Shanghai Tower is pretty fucking cool

And it's the second tallest building in the world. Not bad really

Yeah that building is fucking dumb

getting minecraft vibes from this picture

Fuckin love it.

>likes 432 park
>dislikes One57
>calls others' opinions "garbage"

Skyscrapers are degenerate

A FUCKING DOVE?

>you have to think of the future

I think of the future all the time. Give me something like in my pic, not that mother fucking boring garbage.

No

Agree, building into the ground should be the first priority
Imagine the star wars world from KOTOR where there's just hundreds on top of hundreds of levels stretching the whole world. Imagine if we did that with one of Jupiter's moons. Would be fucking sick.

Looks beautiful. Makes me want to travel but then I realize the place is filled with quasi Arabs now...oh well....ill enjoy my white enclave for a little longer

It's a bird, not a vagina. Get your virginal mind out of the gutter.
Also, it's the first good, uplifting train station NYC has build in decades.

It's engineered to collapse in a controlled demolition. WTC was prepped with explosives, the planes are a lie. There are a million people in Manhattan and not one saw a plane.

it was actually going to be my first choice for travel last year..
until I met Sup Forums

Calatrava's work is hit or miss but I like this one. It reminds me of a skeleton of a very large animal or a motif of a bird in flight (Imagine that front segment as a bird with its wings out and every other segment is a snapshot of its flight. The thing conveys motion, where did you get vagina from?

If anything, Zaha Hadid's stadium literally looks like a vagina.

>blacking something that's already kinda brownish black

>Fuck me I used to work near that eyesore. I swear to god it's the building all of us drew when we were fucking 4 years old in pre-school.
>Construction began in 2012 and was completed on December 23, 2015
UNDERAGE B&

gorgeous

ITS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY
greater enclosed building area over a smaller footprint
the question is how much did the public benefit from the loss of their air rights above the street

Andrew Ryans ''''''''engineering''''''''

>spanish architecture

the sagrada senpaiĆ­lia

mixed feelings about this. seems theres just too much going on and it melds poorly together

Calatrava is a fucking idiot.

t. Venetian

Tell me, cultured one, what do you think is good architecture? More tired classical and neo-classical design that hasn't been in vogue for nearly 150 years?

Well I mean... the architect of that is a jew so