Atomic Blonde

Anyone else seen this? I thought it was pretty good.

Although I got kind of confused by something at the end. So was she a double agent or something, and actually worked for the Americans and not the Brits?

At least, that's what I got out of the last couple of lines, when Goodman's character says "cocksucker?"and Theron says "was it convincing?"

>that lesbian scene with Sofia Boutella
Fuck. My dick wasn't ready

Yeah I watched it with a female friend of mine, and the longer it went on the more awkward it got. For me, at least.

But it was pretty hot anyway.

Fucking sold. I'm seeing this now.

You should watch it either way user, it's a genuinely good movie that is filled with the 80s outrun style, which I think is pretty cool when done well.

she orginally was seen as an MI6 agent with her accent and all. satchel was a double. she is revealed to be satchel bit kills her superiors who were already gone neck her. she mentions she never did it for them. she was in it fr herself and always gave false intel. she works for the americans. satchel was actually a triple agent. but assuming this you also have to realize that she might has actually put the actions into motions that killed her boy toy just to protect her true identity

As I see it, she was working for the CIA the whole time. As far as the Russians were concerned she was Satchel the Russian spy in the MI6. As far as MI6 was concerned Percival was Satchel. For the entirety of the movie Percival was convinced he was giving intel to the Russians, though he was played by Lorraine and only given them informations she wanted to. This gave her cover for MI6. So in fact she was a triple agent.

so it goes MI6 to Russian to American. she changes her accent every time when when john Goodman asks about "cock sucker" she states in the most American accent something along the lines of "had you fooled didn't i?"

Interesting.

I thought the film would end in the final scene of the interrogation room where she asks what she should wear to her date with the Queen, but apparently not.

Holyyy fuck didn't know that I don't think it's even playing near me anymore

I kind of suspected a twist ending that she was a russian spy, though the double twist ending got me, especially after the scene with the CIA guy and Percival talking how women are holding them back or something like that.
In the hindsight though, I should realize that in the end Americans will get the list.

without music it's not the same tbqh

>I should realize that in the end Americans will get the list.

kek, the Americans always have to win in the end

>mfw Sofia's tits

If the movie is set in 1989, why is Stalker being played in theaters?

why not, better than corruptive western nonsense.

It looked like it had just released in West/East Germany, but it released in 1979, a whole 10 years before the setting of the film.

Also, apparently in real life the film released in West/East Germany in 1981.

Basically she was satchel. She framed Percival to cover her tracks. Used the French girl to help her do it. Percival told the Russians because if they killed her his hands would be clean. Plus he'd have the list to prove she was Satchel.

There's hints throughout the movie. Like at the beginning she has a black eye and the MI6 director makes a comment about satchel being a black eye on the organisation. Also she is always in black and white, except for when she's meeting the Russians, then she wears all black. A lot of the lighting reflects the duality theme. Red/blue, pink/green, white/black.

It's CIA kino. She was a CIA agent pretending to be an MI6 agent pretendin to be a KGB agent.

I liked it a lot. Pretty cool movie with a great 80's vibe. They didn't overdue the "girl power" aspect. Great balance between action and espionage. 8/10

That fight scene with the Russians. 10/10 sequence.