HOMER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5Ysu35DDpE
gamejolt.com/games/marvel-first-alliance-2/18690
youtube.com/watch?v=E3x12BpqcHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Konami a best

Cartoons and comics vidya thread?

>a Japanese company makes a better Simpsons game than a fucking American company
Says a lot desu

>Nothing moves the Blob!
>knocks his ass down a split second later

You must be dreaming. Blob is harder than Windigo and Master Mold combined. They specifically made him hard so he would function as a quarter check to casual players.

They made one really good game and just slapped US properties on it. That said, Hit and Run is probably the best Simpsons game as far as references go; though that's again just another game with a Simpsons skin.

>Mindnumbing button masher that just eats through your quarters and just happens to have a Simpsons skins overlayed in
>Better than the perfectly fine Hit & Run

>actually liking western games
what the fuck Sup Forums

I liked Hit & Run, even if it mostly recycled jokes from the series.
But the Simpsons game I remember most was a bowling game I used to play at an arcade. It was actually accurate to the characters by having Bart and Mr. Burns bowl left-handed.

I miss these arcade beat em ups.
If there was a modern Avengers game in this style, I would cum so much.

sounds like you must be a casual player then, friendo

>being a weeb

LEE SA
youtube.com/watch?v=M5Ysu35DDpE

The farthest I've 1CC'd is just after Master Mold. I'm merely saying that unless you know the trick, Blob will fuck your shit.

I think there actually is an Avengers beat em up.

>Shit like MK and Injustice is better than KOF and GG
Fuck you

what the hell are you talking about
what does this have to do with hit and run

Okie dokie!
Wahh! Wahh!
Wahh! Wahh!
That shit would play constantly during the demo and you could hear it everywhere in the arcade.

that western games suck

Almost got me for a second there, user. Good job.

>I think there actually is an Avengers beat em up.

There was, but it got overshadowed by that baller X-Men six player cabinet. Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Vision were playable. I think there was a home port. Punisher had a beat'em up too that got ported to Genesis.

Fun Fact: The X-Men arcade game was an adaptation of the 80's X-Men cartoon that only ever got a pilot.

wasnt there a spiderman beat-em up with namor?

And Black Cat and Hawkeye.

And there was a timer. And the timer was your health. It was awesome anyway.

>that HOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo sound whenever you defeated a mook
>the way they just dissolved into the ground on defeat

The Avengers beat 'em up was objectively worse than all these others plus the baller Spider-Man one.

>When the perspective shifts and it becomes a platformer
Shit's tight af

>I think there actually is an Avengers beat em up.
Hence the word Modern.

All this marvel beat em up talk reminds me of this

gamejolt.com/games/marvel-first-alliance-2/18690

Very few of the 6 player X-men cabs still exist. Simpsons, Ninja Turtles, and the other Marvel cabs can still be found from time to time.

I really, REALLY wish we got an Avatar action RPG with a fuckton of playable characters. Like, the Gaang, Azula, Zuko, Iroh, Haru, Yue, Suki...

Split it up between AtLA and Korra, beating one campaign lets you import your characters into the other, and, for shits and giggles, add in a few secret characters and missions based off of other Nicktoons like Zim or Danny Phantom.

Play this on an emulator and just keep slapping down the add a credit button. A lady yells out SPIDER-MAN every time you do, and it's absolutely hilarious.

>stretched to widescreen
why must you turn this imageboard into a house of lies?
god, that fucking game. it was BAFFLING later on finding out how OLD that game was. I didn't understand at all, as a kid, how arcade games differed from consoles. I thought this had to be a highly advanced mid-90s game
i mean shit, a lot of the products you bought at the time had brown-suit wolverine, so it didn't seem that unthinkable

>knock his ass down mid-line. doesn't interrupt
i remember it was the first and only time i ever saw vision in anything. i didn't recognize/remember him in the later avengers cartoon, and i havent seen him in a damn thing since

>not maining Marge with her fucking long range attacks

WELCOME

TO

DIE!

X-CHICKEN

I had forgotten about the Spidey one, I don't think I ever saw it in the wild. Never got ported either. You're right though, Avengers was one of the worst, not horrible but not as good as the rest.

Punisher was my favorite. Only 2 players but the big ass Final Fight-style sprites were great.

?
Are you implying otherwise? Because GG is kusoge and KoF is just Pepsi to Street Fighter's Coke.

SEEMPSONS?

why is Pyro so prominent in so many different X-men media when he's pretty much cannon fodder or in limbo in the comics?

Flashy powers that translates well to other media and is kid-friendly to show?

UP AND AT EM

Yeah, home consoles starting to catch up to arcade games is a big reason arcades were dying in the 90s. Before that, arcade games were so much better-looking than console games that it was ridiculous.

I played this game when I was eigh or nine, in a arcade in a holyday.

Never could play it again.

THANKS, QUICKSILVER!

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE! YOU WILL THE ONE ESCAPING!

OOH! DOH! I....CAN'T....MOOOOOVE!

AMERICA STILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!

the main theme remix when the boss when down to low health was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=E3x12BpqcHY

see my family was the kind that doled out toys like candy, but more expensive single purchases were off the table, so to me, arcades were about being able to taste a bunch of games in one night and each one only cost you a few quarters.
shit we used to actually rent games, i remember. that was so fucking nuts. I only ever owned like 4 games for my NES, and 5 for my SNES. though the latter was kind of because it was 1996-1998 and it was a lot harder to find and buy SNES games by then, which is why dad eventually bought me an n64 and won best parent forever in the category of game-buy

What a great matchup too. Those fuckers together is a great idea in so many ways.
MASTER OF MAGNET

>why must you turn this imageboard into a house of lies?
Let's look at a picture book. 'The Big Book Of Britbong Shitposts'.