Spider-Man: Homecoming

It's good that the film was so diverse. The US is no longer a white country and the films should reflect that.

Agree or disagree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtu.be/_4-nwLck_u0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pic related

Disagree. Movies don't have to reflect shit. They should be made the way they want to make them. No one should be criticized for making a movie with all or mostly white people any more than someone who makes an all or mostly black movie.

jesus christ the legs on that girl

all white movies get naturally created across the world by populations, white people write stories and grab cameras, and set up the production

all black movies did not naturally get created anywhere, they were artificially programmed and designed with agenda and propaganda in mind, and is organized to look natural when it is forced and schemed by an anti white racist. i wouldnt mind if a group of coloured people, without any outside force, decided to invest millions and develop a film, but that never happens, it needs to be set up and forced, and talked about, and shoved in the face of "racists"

Yeah white girls can't compete with a QUEEN.

Thicc.

That's the only cast picture with Angourie Rice in. Tom Holland's assistant was in more cast photo's than she was.

The combined smell is probably like musky ass

Mary Jane has always been a white girl with red hair. Peter parker has always been white. Have these fucks ever heard of continuity? Everyone else doesn't fucking matter.

Peter Parker is still White though.

Nonironically agree. While I still want to see myself as a white man represented frequently on film, the films setting is one of the most diverse regions of the entire fucking country. Despite Sup Forums's insistence otherwise, not having an all white cast actually made it MORE believable.

I was emphasizing the fact that they're the only characters who's race matters

>fat Asian kid
Do you know how rare these are? It's like finding a fucking shiny Pokemon.

did that white girl say anything in the movie? i dont remember her at all

I'm still not entirely convinced the annoying black bitch is going to be the series' MJ and that last comment wasn't anything but a nod to fans.

If she does become "MJ" and not a supporting role though I'd agree. But I think they may take the Gwen Stacy arc route in future films.

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT ! Here comes the SpiderFlop

Not that much. She was in some kind of school TV-show thing with that black goy.

i'm ok with pete's best friend being not white but i wish they chose a young and handsome actor instead of a fat and ugly actor.

>inb4 but he's fat and ugly in comics
if they can change a white character in comics into black character in film if they can change male character in comcis into female character in film they can at least change fat and ugly in comics into young and handsome in film

That was supposedly Betty Grant even though she look like a dead ringer for Gwen Stacy (completed with even the fucking headband)

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:
>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

THIS! All MCU flicks need to have more diversity, even if that means all of them will bomb. We as MCU fans have the responsibility to make sure that everyone gets represented, at all costs.

What a shame. She was the best out of all of them. Sad.

>When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.
BvS is the only good recent movie.
>the scene in the Ultimate Edition with the homosexuals on the boat to Gotham where you can see Clark make a grimace
Subtle, Snyder. I love it.

Whatever, Peter Parker was still white as a nazi and that's a crime, because he's the main character. It's just another trick to reel in other peoples for money. Parker should've been black or Asian (Pakistani).

>inb4 but he's fat and ugly in comics
He's not.
But it's irrelevant because he's actually based off a different character from the black Spider-man comics, like most of the movie.

youtu.be/_4-nwLck_u0
it was disappointingly boring

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
yup, can't go calling us that anymore. I personnaly never gave a shit, but the hindus hate natives and are insulted by everyone calling us "Indian." Can't have the hindus getting pissed off now. They got the numbers that can affect things. Not like the few million Natives left.

I wouldn't mind seeing the kid in the middle in something else.

I can't take Marvel and Disney movies seriously when they talk about diversity. Both Marvel's and Disney's CEO are working with Trump. Any talk about tolerance and diversity seems wholly dishonest and hypocritical in light of that, no many how many people of colour they cast.

Contrast that with a movie like Batman v Superman that actually deals with Americas descent into fascism in its story and hit too close to home for many.

>inb4 DCuck

Suicide Squad was horseshit, Man of Steel was bland, I haven't even seen Wonder Woman and Whedon's Justice League is gonna be hot garbage.

The most profitable movie of 2017 so far was created by a black man

>Can't have the hindus getting pissed off now.
Considering the MCU's main base, I'd say you're right.

Good intentions bad implementation
The original source (Spider-man comic) has lots of PoC characters
Want a love interest? You have Gloria Grant
Want a friendo? You have Ganke
Want a bully? You have Randy Robertson
Etc, you don't need to racebend to be progressive

It's actually a marketing strategy, by racebending you make normies believe that there aren't PoC characters in the original source, so you're "fighting" for their rights.

Agreed

making the minority males a fat and weasely then putting a white male protagonist is still a step back

whites are generally more obese

Didn't give a shit about the "diverse" cast, Neil was good and MJ was okay. I didn't like the "le America was built by slaves xddd" line. I go to movies to enjoy myself not get preached at by some libshit.

The other part of it is by racebending and not using the new characters, you don't have to pay the authors of those new characters. That's why Nolan used an OC love interest (Rachel) instead of one of dozens of other choices from the comics.

>Both Marvel's and Disney's CEO are working with Trump. Any talk about tolerance and diversity seems wholly dishonest and hypocritical in light of that
Most corporate diversity initiatives are.