Can you believe, after all these years, the real Superman is back?

Can you believe, after all these years, the real Superman is back?

Post-Crisis Superman is not Real Superman.

Golden Age Supes came back?

He's no more real than the new 52 superman or golden age superman

Post-Crisis Superman has had BY FAR the most material published out of any Superman. He also has by far the most iconic, beloved Superman stories. He is the version of Superman that all modern animated and film incarnations of the character have been based on. Golden Age Supes' defense of being first hardly compares to any of that. There is no measure by which Post-Crisis is not the main Superman. If such a thing as the "real" Superman existed, it would be him.

There's too many versions of Superman, I can't even tell who's supposed to be the "real" Superman anymore.

>he can't keep up with canon

Golden Age Superman and Golden Age Lois' corpses were revived by Dr. Manhattan and turned into New 52 Superman and Lois since pre new 52 Superman and Lois were absent from the Earth when the reboot hit because of convergence.

OK, Byrne. You can go back to your forum now.

they all are user

>No trunks
>Real Superman

We are all Superman.

Wait... what???

Nice speculation, you fooled one person

oh no sir we are not. we are not good enough yet.

Come on, DC. You must have noticed your artists WANT to draw the red trunks again.

The nu52 Superman was worth reading also. We didn't need to kill him to also have this one, you know. We could have had both

The prevailing theory is that New 52 Superman was Kal-L and New 52 Lois Lane was pre-crisis Earth-2 Lois. Just rebooted into the roles of New 52 Superman and Lois since post-Crisis Supes and Lois weren't in their universe when the reboot hit whereas the bodies of pre-crisis E2 Clark and Lois were.

It's actually Superboy Prime (it was leaked). Yes, Nu52 Superman was so terrible that he was actually Superboy Prime.

That'd be a tad too insulting to New 52 Superman fans.

>The nu52 Superman was worth reading also
Nu52 Superman was terrible. He was so terrible that it drove away die-hard fans like Linkara and Rich Johnston.

>New 52 Superman fans
Oh no! All ten of them will be angry? Whatever will DC do???!!!!!!

OK, you can stop shitposting now.

It's funny. You would think putting Nu52 Superman in the hands of writers like Morrison, Pak, and Johns would make him popular. Guess some writers aren't perfect.

It's not shitposting if it's true, senpai baraka

What is wrong with N52 Superman characterization?

He's unlikable, violent, a bully, and doesn't inspire others.

Just look at how Fun nu52 Superman is.

>Unlikeable
I like him

>unlikable
No he wasn't
>violent
And post Crisis Superman wasn't?
>doesn't inspire others
Yes he did.

Sounds like rebirth Superman.

>fan theories
Not even once.

I literally cried at this page. It feels so good to finally have the real Superman back after being gone for so many years.

I just wish DC would give him his shorts back.

It's true though. Someone leaked it in a thread. Superboy Prime (aka Superbitch Prime) is Nu52 Superman.

Then who was lois?

Shit I gotta know the context of this page

I wish Marvel would do the same thing for Spider-Man. I.e get rid of the current Spider-Man and replace him with the REAL Spider-Man (whose Married to te REAL MJ and has a kid). Also get rid of Slott.

>edgy

No one important since the real Lois is back.

As much as I enjoyed new 52 supes, if you lame "not muh supes" guys are actually buying the books, it's good for all Superman fans at the end of the day.

Silver Age Superman? Please come back to us. Alan Moore destroyed him.

If you seek his monument, look around you.

How will they give current Supes the Kryptonite weakness if he isn't native to the New52 universe?

It wasn't then he wouldn't be have killed-off/depowered/retconned-to-SuperboyPrime while they brought back the REAL Superman.

>linkara
ohitsfuckingnothing.jpg

you mean how new 52 Superman sold more than post-crisis and the only reason Superman is selling more is rebirth hype?
I mean look at this edgy monster

I've never seen someone as salty as this guy posting out of context pages.

Screw America tbqh

You can't deny BvS has a lot of quotable lines
Shame about the movie

Kaepernick please. Go sit down on the bench.

Reminds me of his convergence issue when everyone was freaking out going "HE'S BACK!"

FACT: Superman #6 is the best Superman comic this decade

The biggest mistake was shipping him with Wonder Woman. He probably could have been saved from Death/Depowerment if he was with her sooner. But they dragged out the Diana romance for too long.

reminder this happening while he was powerless

I don't see how any of these new 52 images is edgier than him threatening to glass the earth just to make elementals shut up.

But hey since Post Crisis Superman is back that means he's going to save Imperiex from being dead right? After all, "Superman doesn't kill".

But he's not real. There is no real Superman, they're all just characters. None of those stories ever happened.
If I'm wrong, then may this post number end in 52.

its funny how post-crisis
supes never helped in darkseid war, forever evil, Superdoom, and that evil kryptonian dude. Or his first forray where he took his mantle back assaulted superlex unprovoked and started a fight.

user, there's always another way. His way was to lounge around and let superman handle things.

gentry pls

Superman reflecting on his past where he took pleasure in hurting a nazi hate group. He later regretted it.

NEW 52 SUPERMAN HAD HIS CHANCE!

I like it, but I can understand why other people don't. Still, the grandiose dialogue in both Snyder films allows for many quotable moments, which I think was intended.

This is basically a war of not muh
Trust me, in a decade or so when Superman story is shit again and they bring Superbro back, we'll be the one shitposting

I really don't have a "muh Superman" user. Just pointing out the stupidity that people going "muh supes!" have.

All these versions of Superman are the real deal, because they are all each of them the ones that the folks of DC deem as canon and true at the time of their publication.

On so many levels the WWxSM serves as an excelent vacuum-example of the basic issues with nu52 as a whole.

I really REALLY like Superdad.

This artist desperately wanted to draw the trunks, who at DC has something against the trunks?

The real Superman is the one that shows up in Superman Appreciation threads.
The fake Supermen are the ones that DCEU moviefags defend.

Yeah and he is boring as fuck

If they brought back the trunks, but made them black, would that be an acceptable compromise?

A whole bunch of artists keep doing this. And the red boots. But Didio thinks it's gay.

>He also has by far the most iconic, beloved Superman stories.

>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
>For the Man Who Has Everything
>Kingdom Come
>All-Star Superman
>Red Son

None of those have Post-Crisis Superman.

This page will be perfect if he had the trunks. Soon enough the will be back though, and antitrunksfags will cry.

All this memeing about The Real Superman™ is just exhausting.

Greg Pak's heartbreakingly short run, full of annoying crossovers and other writers taking over his stories, is only a reason to stop reading DC comics rather then to check them out

Good thing the amount of beloved post-Crisis Superman stories outnumbers that very short list. Don't play games with me, boy.

>Talks shit about Golden Age Supes
>Image in OP is blantant ripoff of the Golden Age Supes

Post Crisis fags continue to be uneducated Batfags that falseflag as Superman fans.

Wait what does that have to do with Batman?

are you actually this insecure or just retarded?

>It feels so good to finally have the real Superman back after being gone for so many years.

Oh fuck off cunt. The real Superman has been back for a year now.

He's done this multiple times. It's really pathetic

American Alien was better

So....I didnt dislike NuSupes, but boy, am I really , really happy MUH Superman, post-crisis Clark&Lois Married, Happy Family, Living Inspiration Superman is back...and now he's a dad?

The new 6 issues of Superman are fucking amazing. From beginning to end,Superdad abd son. Oh, and it ends with Batman being a jerkface. It's just a moonbase, dork.

>who at DC has something against the trunks?

Warner Brothers

Reminder: normal people all think it's been the same superman for 75 years