Why do Canadians make such good music?

Why do Canadians make such good music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxpDa-c-4Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc
rollingstone.com/music/news/portishead-take-on-the-weeknd-for-alleged-unapproved-sample-20140505
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they don't?

When we do, it's because we have a lot less people listening, so we need to make an impact.

The Weeknd fits none of the criteria.

Um?
youtube.com/watch?v=uxpDa-c-4Mc

Justin Bieber and Celine Dion aren't what I consider "good music"

early weeknd changed the nature of r&b, i'd say that's impactful

weren't we talking about good music?

>Entry level shit

Ok, it fits one criterion... two if you count being Canadian. It's symptomatic of us giving up on trying to make good music and instead trying to corner the American pop market.

Sometimes it feels like a reaction to the Montreal metal scene - the crazier that gets, the more insipid our radio-play becomes.

>the weeknd
>good

meanwhile in australia...
youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Why not toss in Nickelback for your list of "Look how little I know but want to pretend I'm an expert" musicians.

I'm more of a Gordon Lightfoot or Leonard Cohen man, myself.

Way better 2bh

Trying way too hard, bud.

Why are you so mad? Canadians don't make great music. USA and Brits do it better.

The weenekd isnt exactly bad, they just happen to play all his meh tier songs on the radio until we hear them so many times we want to jam pencils into our ears.

He has a lot of good songs where he demonstrates impressive vocal ability on his albums, but you never hear them.

Considering you already displayed your level of know-nothing commentary by picking 2 of the most obvious factoid musicians possible to harp of Canadian music, you're fooling no one with how clueless and lacking of information on the subject you are, in fact you probably don't even know others than the 3 mentioned in your post and the OP.

So stop posting to further make an ass of yourself trying to look like a hard ass. This isn't primary school, you're impressing no one.

I've listened to his entire discography, m8.

it's good drinking music too

>I hate him so much I listened to everything he made

Just stop, it's cringe worthy

I don't like him either. His voice is okay but he's a terrible lyricist. Can't stand his attitude either, the way he acted towards his producer and then NOT crediting Portishead was super scummy.

He's still not "bad". He has songs where he cant rhyme for shit and the lyrics may as well be him gargling marbles as it would make more sense. But he's still got some a few songs that are genuinely great and can actually sing well live, so those 2 points alone have already got him a step above most artists.

Pretty much but his fans are all rabid retards. I give him props for finding inspiration from MJ’s Off The Wall for his vocal performances but his lyrics are trash. His songs were mixed well but then he acted like an ass towards his producers. Never heard of the Portisgead thing but I can’t say I’m surprised.

Never said The Weeknd was “bad”. He just ain’t an impressive artist either.

that doesn't change how influential he's been

Madonna was influential as well.

He pulls a lot of bullshit like this desu
rollingstone.com/music/news/portishead-take-on-the-weeknd-for-alleged-unapproved-sample-20140505

sure
i don't like any of her music but it's unfair to call her unimpressive, if only for the sheer impact she's had

I will never understand why people like her. People give Lady Gaga shit for “copying” Madonna but at least Gaga can sing, write, produce and play an instrument.

Wow. Not to be Sup Forums but he really is insufferable.

>TheWeeknd

Seriously?

wew this brings me back. Old weeknd was king, too bad he's trash now

He had a better producer back then.

Trilogy Weeknd and current Weeknd are night and day.

The Weeknd was always trash and Jeremy Rose was responsible for most of his success.

Lol you’re not wrong. And then he got big through Drake.

I don’t know about the Drake stuff. I just know Jeremy was treated like shit. A lot of these singers would be nothing without their producers.