Is this show worth watching?

I've seen some clips of it on youtube but other than that I haven't heard much about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE
youtube.com/watch?v=vTGL-j-nKC8
youtu.be/MixXnzefsBA
youtube.com/watch?v=HXDwbBimaAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes it is

FUCK YES

Yes. It is.

Literally has the best version of Aquaman in history.
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Probably my favorite DC show. Lighthearted, campy, and full of references to the more obscure DC characters.

Once you get to the first Batmite episode, it's god tier onwards.

Obama popping up and talking to Batman was the funniest shit I've seen in a while from a cartoon.

I personally loved Kord Blue Beetle explaining about him being friends with Batman and Booster

Yes. I can't think of a more fun, anything goes cape show that also handled the dramatic stuff just as well. Just a real good time with a bunch of good guys. B-D listers getting some nice screen time too.

Its the best Batman animated show.
I like how Bats just never stops fighting crime, the episode in wich he gets injured and the JLI dress like Bats and start fighting crime in Gotham is hilarious.
Also the baseball game against the Secret Society is great.

POST THE CHART!

>Bats just never stops fighting crime,
It's Gotham, there's literally always a crime happening somewhere
Makes Detroit look like... well anywhere that isn't Detroit, really

>Jli spinoff never

Why are there two Green Lanterns?

It's stellar

If I HAD to name a consistent flaw it's that there is a bit too much of a push for Reyes Beetle which wasted valuable episodes that could have been used for more characters but I get that they wanted to have a character that developed and a young hero to keep network folks happy

In case one of them breaks

I wonder if they changed Ice's dialog when the show aired in Greece

>Lord Death Man episode
>Scooby Doo crossover
>Weird Al in the house
>Abe Lincoln in the finale
God, it was a lot of fun

WILL IT EVER RETURN TO NETFLIX???

The focus on D-listers meant that they could tell entertaining stories without being bogged down with sacred cows or established rules. It really shows in the third season when they apply these rules to characters like Superman and Wonder Woman. It's a show that's completely unafraid to put a superdickery montage in its Batman vs. Superman episode.

It's better than BvS

Please give it a shot

>Batman being cheery for no damn reason
it's a piece of shit man, don't let retards persuade you into watching this dreck

youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE

All you need to decide

I just wish the cute flapper Harley had one more episode. She's the only version of the character to charm me other than the original.

This show makes me happy, like i don't ever remember smiling as much as i did every time i saw this on tv

Same here, and boy do I need it now. Been slowly marathoning all of it.

Crisis musical never.

A superdickery montage in the same episode with shot-for-shot references to TDKR, too. They pulled from EVERYTHING Batman and DC and made it work.

It had the best Batman vs Superman fight ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTGL-j-nKC8

>Batman of Zur-En-Arrh episode
>Kevin Motherfucking Conroy as said Batman, even busting out the old Fox-BTAS-era Bruce Wayne voice for his secret identity
>Dana Delany as the Zur-En-Arrh Vicki Vale/Lois counterpart
>Clancy Brown combining DCAU Luthor's voice with Silver Age hamminess for the evil Rohtul
Fucking beautiful.

At least Reyes Beetle was enjoyable and had a killer costume design.

The one thing that bothers me about the show is the continuity error regarding the death of Bruce's parents. The flashback to it in Chill of the Night is completely incompatible with the flashback in the early Christmas episode. In the former, they're gunned down after coming back from a movie that they all saw together, but in the first look at the tragedy, Bruce vehemently refused to see the picture and that was actually why they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Literally just started watching it, and I'm having one hell of a good time. Highly recommended.
Also, best version of Aquaman right here

The chart?

My fucking jam right here.

Shit. Now I have to go rewatch this. So warm and fuzzy.

But Batman isn't cheery, he's the straightman of the show.

And he's kind of a dick at times, too.

it made sense in the live action show, because Adam West could pull it off in live action

but here, it doesn't work as the "cheery-ness" convey through animation; not to mention Robin gets shitted on again in this series

>you will never be a costumed super-criminal going on capers and matching wits with a skilled detective and his eccentic friends
>you will never be followed by two or three thematically appropriate goons who play along with you
>you will never break out of prison shortly after you're put away to have fun all over again
Does this sincerely make anyone else sad? All I've ever wanted to be since I was little was a supervillain. I don't want to hurt people, either, I just want the thrill of the game and all the perks, like a cool costume and infamy.

I get that but I'm more partial to the Silver Age stuff will literally anything you can imagine is possible and all logic and reason go out the window. The victor is the most creative out of the box thinker in the battle (the good guy of course). It's like Calvinball or the Seventh Seal chess game if chess had no rules.

>>you will never break out of prison shortly after you're put away to have fun all over again
The super-villain revolving door policy is probably the best perk.

Being colorful and pushing a city's hero to his limit for the fun has got to be a blast. Think of the outfits you could come with!

I think that every once in a while, the writers wanked too much to Batman. I honestly disliked the episode where everyone dressed up like Batman, because it felt like the whole thing was how inferior every hero is to Bats. Besides that, the show is god tier.

> bit too much of a push for Reyes Beetle which wasted valuable episodes that could have been used for more characters

So Jamie is pretty much the Vigilante of TBatB?

Fuck you, Vigilante needed more screentime.

Agreed, I'd give anything to live in a world that runs on these rules.

Well, almost anything, I'm not going to off myself and see if I reincarnate there.

It was more like the other heroes were just inferior to Batman specifically when it comes to being Batman, which is fair.

Just buy it, it's not expensive to get the entire series on dvd.

Literally everything is better than BvS.

Batman is the show's straightman. He isn't super loner mode, but it's a running joke that he barely smiles.

Though I have a feeling you're just baiting, if so, good job.

Don't reminds me, user, don't reminds...

The episode with Chill, Phantom Stranger and the Spectre was brutal.

A true jewel.

Goodnight.

Ouch

This sort of shit right here is my aesthetic.

Definitely. It gets sort of boring and repetitive but by that time it's over with. But they show off a lot of parts of DC universe that never get any love and it handles everyone with respect.

It's not at all what it looks like.

please come back I miss you

It sounds great on paper but gets old really fast. Most Silver Age writers just didn't give a shit and it shows. 90% of Silver Age stuff is unredeemable crap, at least in DC.

>all these C-class villain

Catman had a episode from himself? I don't remember.

Currys of Atlantis spinoff when?

youtu.be/MixXnzefsBA

Seriously, this show had so much spinoff potential. What a waste.

No.He was just hanging out with the c-listers in a bar when Batman showed up. It's the episode with Firestorm and Batman being split into three versions of himself.

It's on kisscartoon in its entirety.

JLI is such perfect material for an animated show. It even has Batman to attract the Batfags and kiddos, though he'd probably only be on the team for the first season before passing off to Manhunter.

I'd hope they'd use Ted though because Booster and Jaime just have no chemistry whatsoever.

>Crimson Avenger
>Ragman
>Unknown Soldier

Fuck, are these for Season 3 part 2/Season 4?
Because a couple of those sound like episodes that actually happened.

What the hell are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=HXDwbBimaAA

is this the best Brave and the Bold song?

I can't believe there's never been a video game like this. In fact, you'd think there'd be more villain games in general but the only one is Evil Genius or whatever that was called.

>most Silver Age writers just didn't give a shit
You are incredibly wrong and I doubt you've actually read enough Silver Age to make such sweeping generalizations.

That episode in particular was only really bad about it in the beginning when Green Arrow, Aquaman and fucking CAPTAIN MARVEL are getting their shit pushed in by robot aliens or something when Batman comes and defeats them with ease.

Some of them were used, some were not.

I agreed. It got really stupid when Joker was able to take down all of those heroes with one single rocket launcher blast.

They also started to overuse Joker, but that was by the time the show was over.

>should I see it
you see this picture?! THIS ONE RIGHT HERE?!
YES, THE MOTHER FUCKING JSA WITH OG GL ALAN FUCKING SCOTT! WATCH IT NOW!

What was that?

Fuck you the feels are too strong. I watched All Star Superman and when sun-eater died I felt that shit all over again.

Uncle Sam's was better.

Yeah that bothered me too. I think they realized that and tried to make up for it later, but it was too late. I understand it's Batman's show but the thing about a real hero and leader is that they know how to give up the spotlight to someone else, you know what I mean? Like the singer in the band saying "give it up for X on the drums and Y over here on the bass!"

They needed more of Batman praising other heroes. I really like the moments when Bruce knows his place and backs off, BvS did this well actually when he was kiting Doomsday and wasn't fully trying to engage him. I like THAT Batman, the one who knows when he's out matched and has to call for super powered help. That's more mature and smart to me than that one who magically pulls himself out of every situation.

I call it "Aquaman's Rousing Song Of Heroism"!

....You don't look roused

user I'm totally in favor of this, but you may want to find another option because apparently Sup Forums doesn't take too kindly to Kisscartoon.

F

Since fucking when? It's fucking Paradise in the Biblical sense for us

Obligatory.

>Sup Forums doesn't take too kindly to Kisscartoon.
Nothing wrong with it unless you actually stream that place without adblock

The best of the best. Yes, even better than the overrated Animated Series.