Is Clarence the only kids cartoon to have an in-universe confirmation of a same-sex couple...

Is Clarence the only kids cartoon to have an in-universe confirmation of a same-sex couple, and not the "hint hint wink wink, they're aliens/they're really good "friends"/word of God says".

Even the cops in Gravity Falls could be given the benefit of the doubt simply because it's not uncommon to have characters be comically close to one another, like Sponge and Pat or the twins in Bob's Burgers.

Probably the only other thing I can think of would be Paranorman having the jock outright say "my boyfriend".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPt015_P41w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Loud House has a characters with two homosexual fathers.

>only
no, but it was the first. and sadly won't be the last.
i wonder what would happen if they found the cure tomorrow, figured out what was causing all this gay, and took it out of the water supply. how fucking embarrassed would all these people feel when their natural urges took back over? would we see a bunch of gay divorces? or would they stubbornly cling to their status?
I mean they're already admitting it's a medical condition, something affecting them and changing them into what they would have been otherwise.

Wait, the cops were gay? I whatched the last episodes other day and don't remember seeing it there.

South Park has had a longterm gay couple since before any modern show

Ah South Park, a well known kids cartoon.

Thanks for my new favourite bait image user

>South Park
>kids show
rewind

Hey no problem, it's my favorite too.

Why would the cop duo in GF be gay you fat fucking tumblrite?

>being friends with the same gender is impossible in a world full of autistic faghags

You're telling me you don't catch a vibe from any of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XPt015_P41w

no, they were just really good friends who love each other

Someone didn't watch the last episode where they straight up say "For love!" while looking in each other's eyes.

It's really sad if you think nobody can be that close without being close romantically.
But that would explain why friendly and familial love is dying, kids hate their parents, family despises each other, nobody's taking care of grandparents, and unconnected men and women are spending no time together outside of coitus
enjoy your brave new world

Mission Hill

It actually had the first gay kiss on tv, with credit often going to Dawson's creek even though the pilot of Mission Hill aired in 1999, with DC infamous episode being in 2000 (also gets the benefit of being a prime time show). The elevator opens and Gus and Wally are making out. Still the best iteration of a gay couple in any media, not just cartoons.

No really, did I missed something where it was confirmed?

>if they don't buttfuck each other onscreen then they're not gay

Gay couples in adult cartoons are not uncommon, though. This is about confirmed gays in kids shows.

These two were great because their chemistry was perfect and they were hilarious but the humor rarely had anything to do with them being gay.
It's not surprising people don't know about it considering the WB didn't really give anyone the chance to see it

To be honest any kind of interaction this day os seeing as shipshit, even things that would be normal on other times.

Idk man Mission Hill is closer to an all ages thing, though I did see the specification of "kids cartoon" upon rereading the op. That being said I think Clarence and Loud House are the only ones in recent years to be unapologetic and make it very clear there is a gay couple, as far as children's shows go anyway.

Given more recent, uh, events, doesn't this mean the CWC-verse actually spiked its water supply with Turbo-Gay?

What I really loved about them wasn't just what you mentioned, but it was that they did also use their sexuality as an avenue for jokes, though not necessarily the butt of it.

The prime example I can think of that still cracks me up is when Kevin's trying to sleep for the first night at Andys and he can overhear Gus and Wally arguing through the wall about their condoms, Gus is grilling Wally for buying the cheap off brand ones because it keeps slipping off and calling him a cheap gay bastard.

Not only were they really well rounded characters outside of being gay, but the writers were still able to work their sexuality into jokes that did nothing but humanize them even more

>gay couples in kid's shows

Something which should be banned not out of prejudice for gays but because murder is illegal and hence I can't beat to death the straight liberals who push this shit to feel self-righteously smug about themselves

(You)

Yes.

In the finale they say in full quote:

"WE'RE MAD WITH POWER...

AND LOVE!"

Go back and watch it. It's in there.

>first night at Andys

>being pro-censorship

>>>/nazigermany/
>>>/communistrussia/

They literally say they are in love with each other in the last episode desu.

it's so great

Oh, is it a blue moon already? 'Cause Clarence is actually being mentioned on Sup Forums again.

>implying it's not an evolutionary way to counteract overpopulation.

I wish Sup Forums talked about it more. It's a really fun show.

Clarence, moreso than any other cartoon i've worked, perfectly captured the feeling of being a kid. It's like an aged up rugrats, both in how believable the kids talk and act and how surreal it is.

Every time Clarence spoke I wanted to violently die. It's like Steven from SU and Uncle Grandpa turned into an even more retarded child character and then they gave it downs.

>worked
Watched.

>Is Clarence the only kids cartoon to have an in-universe confirmation of a same-sex couple, and not the "hint hint wink wink, they're aliens/they're really good "friends"/word of God says".
>the only
I mean, if you had said "good" or something subjective like that for all of us to circlejerk over, I'd be like, whatever.

But man this show is on the same channel and fags here won't shut up about it there's no way you wouldn't know about this. Every five seconds you bump into a gay and then you think you're fine and then you stub your toe on another gay and you're like If I stand still I should be okay gays don't strike the same place twice and then they do because you were thinking of lightening you RETARD, LIGHTENING doesn't strike the same place twice you IDIOT

I would recommend Clarence to people if Clarence himself wasn't such a retard

you are not fooling anyone Skyler

why Clarence's retardation is such a problem for people on Sup Forums

I'm not saying they are wrong, I just can't se what is so specially enraging about it. Little nigga can't be more annoying than Timmy Turner

I honestly thought that the one in the white dress was Jeff's aunt, but Jeff saying that his "moms" made him lunch in one episode confirmed they were a gay couple.

>Implying it wouldn't just be infertility.
>Implying evolution is smart enough to somehow track population density and other factors that'd determine "overpopulation"
>Implying implying implying
I hate this argument.

> evolution
> in the XXI century

ayy lmaotsetung

This is obvious bait but it does make me wonder

What would happen if they found legit, 100% guaranteed way to "cure" homosexuality and transsexuality and all that shit and offered it to the general public (as an optional treatment of course)? No doubt it would cause a massive fucking shitstorm.

Excuse me? What are you implying? Sorry, I'm a bit dense.

They're not true gays though, they're an alien species who don't procreate. And humans in that show that are "gay" are either confirmed via twitter or "hinted" at.

Pearl loving Rose is practically on par with Frosty the Snowman being in love with a random talking icicle.

pretty great, isn't it?

I still remember when Clarence was the second most discussed show in the bomb-month

good times

See, this is what kills me. Everyone is missing out 'cause they can't deal with a protagonist having a speech impediment.

Clarence is so likable, guys! Pull that thumbtack outta yer arse 'n' enjoy what may possibly be the funniest show on Cartoon Network right now!

Is there a mega-archive somewhere?

They don't play Clarence no more round here

Dann that's a lot of reference pics for a one off character

>That one where she's kissing Clarence's cheek
I definitely had to do a double take...

not that i know

If you have the time to browse multiple threads, the archive probably has all the MAdridista/Avery lnks

Clarence becomes way less retarded as time goes on, but most people didn't stick it out through the series.

i do wish Jeff was the main character though, I'm really curious as to how that would play out. The episodes that star him end up being the best and I think an OCD kid who is obsessed with being perfect, clean, smart, orderly, etc would make for an interesting change of pace for a protagonist. We have too many "happy-go-lucky" leads.

Aliens with no biological sex, but they are still female. And they can procreate, technically, with male humans.

'True gays' is a term that is arbitrary as fuck and makes no sense. It's not like Tumblr is going to push lesbians rocks any less hard if they were also human.

They're gays that got past the censors, they're not true gays in the sense that there IS the "benefit of the doubt". Jasper and Ruby look like guys for example, they only prefer female pronouns but are not actually female. They can procreate with basically anything, Rose could have shape shifted a womb for horse semen and had a Gem Horse come out.

Whereas Jeff directly says "my moms", Steven gets to dance around it by just saying , "They're genderless rocks!". It's still not being direct with the audience, even if it's obvious.

I legitimately think Jeff is way worse than clarence. I can handle childlike retards. I can't deal with OCD autists.

>They're gays that got past the censors
Their shows are in the same network. The censors don't give a fuck, especially not in America. Plus, Ruby and Sapphire's relationship and other tidbits actually do get censored in other countries.

And is the genderless rocks thing actually brought up in the show? The only thing that gets brought up is that they're rocks. Gender was never an issue. And the gay characters in SU have been outright shown to be flirting, kissing, etc. Entire episodes focused on their gay relationships.