>Less than 2 months away

>>Less than 2 months away
>>Barely any talk about this.

How strange.

we only talk about things we hate

We talk about ourselves alot don't we.

Senpai I can not wait to see this fucking movie

In the last 2-3 years I've been reading as much Doctor Strange as I can. Cemented as one of my all time favorite capes.

I'm a little weary on what kind of changes they make in terms of the magic, incantations, the Vishanti, and the Eye of Agamotto. Comes out two weeks before my birthday

I wish these posters would use more of the crazy, in-between void spaces from the concept art instead of just going full Inception.

So what's the deal with city cubes?

Oh no

what if it winds up being like one of those Thor movies

This doesn't make any sense.

Not everything has to.

>literally four days before the presidential election

It's probably shit

It's yet more D*sney quipbait. It will be identical to their last ten films - sassy twee tumblrbait lead, useless forgettable villain, safe formulaic Hollywood Mad Libs plot. Why would anyone care?

If you mean on Sup Forums that means jackshit, all that means is there's no alt-right memes for even the most desperate Sup Forums crossposters to spam

If you mean IRL it's because they haven't really started the marketing blitz yet. Marvel has enough juice stored up in the tank now that people will go based on brand alone so they really don't have to generate hype far in advance. Slow burn with a teaser and then a full trailer spaced out over months just so it's on your radar and In the few weeks before the release a full marketing bombardment. It's the same model they're using for their Star Wars stuff. They're smart enough not to oversaturate.

>MCU Factory film #14274y245000
Not interested.

some people hate fun

This

It happened with Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Civil War

In October they're going to start raining clips and trailers and TV spots on you, you're gonna see Dr. Strange pop up on soda cans and cereal boxes, etc

Well, from the looks of things, it doesn't have Natalie Portman, so we're good.

>that image

MAGIC, MOTHERFUCKERS!

>>Runtime of 130 minutes
That's fine.

I think it's multiple versions of a city converging on each other.

wow i can't believe they're making a biopic about bashar assad's life story

I've already seen Inception and Interstellar

Sup Forums, you say the same exact thing about every movie about to come out that's not a sequel to a huge blockbuster hit.... you need to let it release, or another trailer or something... there's not really anything to discuss other than pure speculation.

Honestly, if it isn't Captain America or Avengers, i don't give a fuck

>not liking based Ant-Man

Disneys ad men will start paying the viral marketers when things get closer.

I've been a little wary of the changes they've been making in comics re:magic for twenty years now
I mean seriously does psychedelia not sell anymore?

They're different cities. London, NYC, Chicago, what looks like Hong Kong, and one I can't figure out.

The level of casual in this thread, Jesus Christ.

You know, I've been thinking about this movie lately and how it's been barely talked about even so close its release
Maybe we finally will see how people are bored of these mass line produced cape flicks and it will bomb taking with it the rest of the quippy superhero phase that the film industry have been through
And maybe, just maybe, we start getting more innovative movies like DC's been planning to do
One man can dream...

because we're just waiting for the movie to come out. We've already talked about what might happen and hyped it. There'll be plenty of discussion once it comes out.

it's a pretty acceptable runtime for blockbuster movie

Can anyone recommend techniques on discussing this film after it releases that won't devolve into race, SJWs, Trump, etc. etc.?

Is there a secret to making threads that people who actually read comics enter and Sup Forums crossposters avoid? I gave up on ever discussing the Luke Cage show on Sup Forums long ago but I'm holding out hope for this still.

remember when people said that about Ant-Man and GotG

Don't mind me, just posting my second favorite comic cover art of all time. (The first is Thor 380, but that's unrelated)

You just can't top this shit!

fuck it. I'm posting it anyway. This cover is mindblowingly badass too. The interior is JUST as amazing, if not better too. Best single issue fight scene I've ever read.

That being said, that previously posted Strange issue is boss as all fuck bro. I'm just hopping with the new film, Marvel will start re-releasing all the old amazing Strange books into oversized hardcovers or maybe an omnibus or two.

>more "magic realism" bullshit
>dude inception lmao

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow theres zero hype for this

Whata lame poster, when all the other marvel movies have big sprawling posters of all the actors and this is just Longface McBrit in a cape

eEww how corny

And those names at the top no one knows themshits

I gave up trying to discuss anything on Sup Forums

It's like no one is over the age of 25. Which now that I typed that out isn't surprising. Why do I still visit this fucking website?

>more "magic realism" bullshit

This is what's really going to kill it, I think. The whole "any sufficiently-advanced technology" angle simply doesn't work with Strange.

Threadly reminder Dr Strange is a Turk.

>UK, Russia, and possibly some Asian countries will show this earlier

Threadly reminder you're talking out your ass.

I can't tell bait from genuine retardation anymore.

Exactly. That's a good sign. If Sup Forums isn't talking about, it might be good. But I've sort of giving up on the MCU so I'll probably end up not seeing it.

literally nobody cares about that shit except autists here

>How strange.
What you did there. I see it.

things Sup Forums talks about alot tend to be overrated anyway

You guys are really going to hold on to the Thor 2 commentary track until the end of time, huh?

Even if this movie has 100% genuine magic, the movies after it will still have people whining about this shit forever. Because of something one guy said on one commentary track on one film out of this whole universe.

>its bad that the movies are accurate to the comics

>Why would anyone care?
Simple: Because it's a Marvel film :^)

I don't talk much about myself

Sup Forums does love to shit talk about shit

is it worth moving there?

What's there to talk about? No Dormammu, no Nightmare, Mordo isn't even a villain. It's just another origin story again.

This desu

>The impossibilities are endless

wow that's shit

Those birds are freaked out by him.

First post best post.

Hope.

The trick is to discuss something specific in a run like "why did something something" and then bring up the movie once the first ten or so posts already happened

>thinks Mordo won't be the twist villain

>black villain and white hero
That's problematic.

Do you seriously think we're never going to have black villains ever again in fiction because of "spooky liberals"?

>considers going down the same slide, just with different colors of paint fun

I want variety in my fun user.

It could be a black man if the heroine is female, I guess?

I'm sorry to tell you, but if you think casual racism is new for Sup Forums, or even all of Sup Forums, you are a goddamn newfag. The problem is that people get butthurt about it which causes more racism and then SJW back and forth whatever. If you just fucking IGNORE what you dont like you can have a fine discussion.

Sup Forums is shit now though

It will suck
just like every other Marvel movie

But what if this is the other other?

This happens with almost every Marvel movie.

>2 months away why no one talk about this
>2 weeks later big trailers and TV spots
>OMG CANT WAIT
Fuck off.

Strangeception

>ignoring whole threads getting taken over by inane Sup Forums arguments
You're right but so so wrong.

(You)

So I'm almost finished with the Strange's first run on Strange Tales, going into his first solo. How much good Doctor Strange do I miss by not reading the Defenders series?

Great job on proving the point by arguing against an argument that no one was making Sup Forums

People are strange.

Do you don't, you want edgy and brooding and your wounds they will not healing.

>alot
Allot a lot of allotments?

Did you mean, "No you don't"? And why does "fun" mean lighthearted these days? I'd much rather have a horror-superhero hybrid than the comedy-superhero hybrids we keep getting.

There are stranger things to talk about

I notice that if there isnt a marketing push behind a product, then the company has no faith in the product, and they arent going to waste millions of dollars to not see those millions of dollars return.

Remember all the clips, ads, toys push, merch rollout, for The Dark World? I dont either.

Stuff does ramp up during this time but the radio silence so far on Marvel's end, and the actual fan hype..15 million views for the second trailer (even with autoplay on their youtube page), is very very low.

Unless it gets over a 93% on RT it'll do a 100 mil less than Ant-Man.

For the average viewer it looks like an Inception/Matrix ripoff (even with similar cinematography), and the average viewer wants new MCU stuff to be unique/new.

Cumbers isnt a draw yet for normies.

They need to show the weirder, psychedelic stuff to highlight that it is really different than Inception or they are fucked.

how should Sup Forums know anything about Dr. Strange? it's the first movie

But I still hate "LOL AYY LMAOS DID IT" explanation that too many comic writers go with. It's just unoriginal and uninspired.

Is the Ditko run worth reading, or is it just Eye-of-Agamoto, deus-ex-machina bullshit with great artwork?

>Expert box office industry analyst here. Trust me, I've been a Sup Forums poster for close to 7 months now.

It frequently gets to "How is he going to grt out of this?!" scenarios, but is weakened by the Strange Tales format of only 9 pages an issue, with most issues being "villain of the week" or "Mordo's latest plot". Once Dormammu makes his appearance, however, it gets really good, mostly because hes so outclassed that he cant just "Amulet, do your thing!" and solve the plot. That said, I'm only just finishing up Strange Tales now, so I'm a poor judge.

Thanks.

No problem. If these movies actually get people to read the books, they're almost worth it.

Ummm that costume is bad

Like wtf those boots and all the flaps...