So Which One Was The Best?

Interstellar had the music

The Martian for the survival and human touch.

Gravity for being a thriller.

Which one would you say was the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMTjN7eRceA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were all boring for one reason or another. I pick Interstellar because at least I can sleep to McConaughey's voice.

Gravity>Interstellar>The Martian

How in the fuck do people even like gravity and put it over the martian and intersteller? Some women trapped in space and lands back on Earth is boring as shit. The whole time I was expecting a thriller but felt subdued.

Don't tell me you put it over those two movies because we had a decent looking bitch paraded around the whole movie and the panty scene. Give me a fucking break.

interstellar. it also had human touch and it was about the survival of the entire species. i also loved the setting of the first act

SJW garbage, Feminist garbage, Chad's movie.

All of them were bad.
>He still idolizes the jew and their pawn actors

>the martian
>good

no, it was boring, predictable, lacked tension, and had bad writing.

if you liked the martian you probably liked lucy aka full fucking retard

Martian was at least entertaining

'
Oh fuck off you waste of oxygen sack of shit.

It was by far the most realistic of the bunch and showed a fantastic back and forth between mission control and the astronaut. Not only that but it also showed realism in how politics and maneuvering the public is essential for nasa to make decisions on how to operate their missions.

Intersteller had shit writing but a good score and gravity was fucking boring as shit. The Martian wins this. Blow your brains out and don't bother writing a reply.

I don't care much for all three, but Gravity was the better of the three. The narrative was suspenseful for most of the ride and offered well done cinematography and set pieces. It wasn't some grandiose epic, but it really didn't need to be. Interstellar tried to be emotionally fulfilling but completely fell flat in the main relationship, writing, editing, sound mixing, etc. The Martian was just a predictable mediocre joke filled film that offered the audience no interest into the main character or their predicament.

Moon is better than all three.

Life.

Ah yes Moon a movie even more nausetingly predictable than Gravity.

How is it that I figured out the entire plot of the movie in 30 minutes?

Why does predictability matter, if the narrative is done well? Writers shouldn't attempt to throw in surprises if the narrative doesn't call for it.

What about moon is narratively better than the movies in the OP?

All 3 had good things and bad things.
I saw Gravity in the cinema, and it was a fantastic experience (in my top 5), but did lack in some areas. it managed to convey things really well, but since the only goal was survival and once she was back on earth things didn't really seem like a big deal.
8.5/10

The Martian was clever, it had humour, ingenuity and the switching back and forth was done well. Everything involving the other crew that escaped was shit though. Not quite as good an 'experience' but a better movie
8.5/10

I didn't see interstellar in the cinema, and I probably should have. As others have said, best music, but the start and ending were a little confusing. All the parts on the other planets were 10/10, and I nearly cried during some parts. Some of it was poorly written though, but it really left me thinking "how do i just go back to normal life after watching that". Some of the chemistry was really bad though which sucked
8/10

gravity and martian, interstellar is truly reddit

love transcends time because love drumpfs hate lmao

>gravity
jesus, that was pile of shit. thanks for reminding me and ruining my day, faggot

"wow he's totally not gonna survive and then totally get back to earth herp"

here's your (You)

You dumbass the amount of things that went wrong and had to be changed through the movie kept it fresh. Blow your brans out.

correct answer

Hans Zimmer is reddit

Only decent one is Gravity.

Gravity 6/10 but in IMAX was a treat
Interstellar 4/10 trying to shoot yourself in the foot trying to go full kubrick okay in IMAX
The Martian 5/10 pretty average tale

Martian>Interstellar>Gravity

Gravity>The Martian>Interstellar

I only saw Interstellar once in theaters where I enjoy it immensly but it falls apart on rewatches and the cheesy dialogue is even worse. Still as a cinematic experience it was 10/10

Gravity is quite an achievment from a technical standpoint but it's one of those films that I simply did not enjoy as much as some. I still think Children of Men is his best or maybe Y mama tambien

The Martian was Ridley finally making a decent movie after a few attempts and goes to show he's still got it even though he's pushing 80
but this one feels like the most crowd pleasing out of all three

Gravity>Interstellar>The Martian if I would have to rank em

Gravity is a 3/10

The Martian is the best

It has excellent rewatchability

I actually really enjoyed it

Interstellar isnt bad, although the whiny teenager not talking to her dad in the video messages because she's angsty is terrible

Yes it is
Gravity > The Martian > Interstellar

Gravity
The Martian
Interstellar

Out of the three Interstellar was the weakest as well as the only one I have no.desire to see again.

the story telling is so fucking predictable that you already know he's going to live. im sorry you like such a shit movie, it's not your fault you're retarded

And the others are 1/10

Interstellar.

On IMDb I gave The Martian 8/10 and the other two both 6/10.
I guess if I had to be more specific I'd say that I preferred Interstellar to Gravity.

k

Interstellar and gravity are both kino

martian is reddit pseudofilm

>Martian
>human touch
Kek, that movie had no depth at all

Martian >Gravity >interstellar

the martian's biggest suspension of disbelief is that the wind on mars could actually be a threat.

For gravity it is sandra bullock's bullshit tier EVA scenes. especially when she uses a fire extinguisher to go hundreds of meters from the souyz capsule to the chinese space station.

interstellar completely lost it when he goes into the black hole.

The Martian had the best overall movie
Interstellar had by far the most punch

Gravity looked decent on IMAX.

Martian = Interstellar >>>>> Gravity

>It was by far the most realistic of the bunch
The whole premise it's based on is scientifically inaccurate. Wind on Mars does not blow strongly enough to knock people over, let alone hurl equipment around with enough force to puncture a suit. Even in the worst martian windstorm your biggest danger is losing your bearings, wandering in the wrong direction, and getting lost. Also it had bad writing.

Interstellar's most egregious scientific fault was the ease with which the shuttles were able to climb out of a gravity well supposedly stronger than Earth's. But at least that isn't the premise on which the film's tension is based.

>Interstellar
>the reddit one
Martian is so reddit that the author himself used to post on /r/writing before he got famous.

>all these people rating The Martian as the best film
I had no idea Sup Forums was so normie.

The only thing you have is the winds but ffs it is hollywood, they have to add some suspense to the movie. Having him stranded the reason there is a movie in the first place.

>Interstellar's most egregious scientific fault was the ease with which the shuttles were able to climb out of a gravity well supposedly stronger than Earth

There were a lot of problems with the movie besides the biggest one being the 5th dimensional communication crap using a watch.

Only a small fraction of Kip Thorne's model of the Blight was included in the film, making it seem much less menacing than it is.

The Ranger and Lander have no room for fuel tanks, no downwards-facing engines, and are absurdly spacious.

The aesthetic of the Lander, a rugged transatmospheric vehicle, was inspired by the ascent stage of the Apollo LEM, a vacuum-only vehicle with a literal tin-foil hull.

The wormhole switches between a long and short wormhole metric in the middle of the scene.

Gargantua as seen onscreen was dumbed down from the full simulation, with Doppler effects removed and rotation reduced to 0.6x of what it should be.

Miller's world is portrayed as spherical instead of elongated towards Gargantua.

Miller's world is not portrayed in the correct orbit according to Kip Thorne's model of it.

Dialogue does not always match what's happening onscreen (like CASE not screwing up Endurance's rotation).

Endurance's orbit during the Gargantua flyby is much further out than it should be according to Kip Thorne's model.

Cooper Station's onscreen size and rotation rate don't match.

I'm glad The Martian exists so people that like it are instantly outed as plebs.

The Martian>Intersteller>Gravity

Honestly the only problem I had with inersteller was the love is the answer to the universe other than that it was incredible.

Found Gravity to be underwhelming but I heard it is great in imax.

>lacked tension
I didn't hate the movie, but this was a big problem.
Also, while I appreciate that they set up matt damon as a character thats talks to himself as he works through problems, it would have made the movie alot stronger if they stripped out most of his dialogue when he's stranded. Too much of him in the real world confessional expositing everything that he was doing on screen for the dummies in the audience.
I thought it looked great though and is probably the best on screen mars since Total Recall.

>they have to add some suspense to the movie.
But there was none. Matt Damon, despite being trapped in a life or death situation, never acts like it. He was sleepwalking through the entire fucking movie. The scenes in mission control are the only entertaining parts of the movie because at least they're acting like a man's life is at stake.

I liked Gravity better then the other two. Interstellar did this thing where it tried way too hard to be DEEP, and the Martian had too many le quips. I liked the sfx of Interstellar the best, though. The black hole looked amazing, it was basically the star of the film.

Wrong.

The removing the metal piece from his gut.

Explosion that destroyed his potato food supply.

Mark attempting to save himself by punching a hole in his suit,

There was plenty of suspense and that is just from Mark alone.

And with all these things happening, he never acts like he's in danger. There's no suspense. Damon was the weakest part of this fucking movie.

Don't know if you watched the movie but he conveyed emotion and distress in those scenes.

And no, he wasn't but rather the strongest honestly as well as Venkat.

The worst was Richard or Childish Gambino.

>he conveyed emotion and distress in those scenes.
Was this before or after he scienced the fuck out of his situation? Face it, the plucky comedy banter he was throwing at the camera was annoying and detracted from the seriousness of the movie. Doesn't help that we rarely see any consequences of his repeated failures.

Interstellar > The Martian >>>>> Gravity

at no point during any of those sequences did i believe that he might not make it back to earth. basically from the very beginning of the movie you know that he';s going to survive because there wouldn't be a fucking movie if he died after an hour. the story telling is also so straight forward and uninteresting that you spoil it for yourself

Interstellar > Gravity >>>>>>>>>>> The Martian

I think it's personal preference for two but The Martian is utter reddit shit.

Gravity > The Martian >>>>> Interstellar

Maybe I went in with too much expectation, but Interstellar was one of the few films I flat-out didn't like. It just wasn't good or interesting, at all. Wasn't hard to rate the other two as The Martian is effectively a worse version of Gravity.

Gravity was just too fucking full of itself forcing its hamfisted rebirth symbolism down the viewers throat. It's a suffocatingly bad movie.

>Interstellar's most egregious scientific fault

Was that falling into a black hole lands you in a five-dimensional bedroom where you can send time-travelling messages via the power of love. They actually tried to play that off as scientific.

Seriousness of the movie? Are you kidding me? If he kept completely serious the entire time, he would have gone insane. He was on Mars for 500+ fucking days, you think being a stoic asshole with a stick up his ass would do him any good? By being comedic he can relax himself so he doesn't think about death.

Yes because Gravity and Intersteller would have a death considering how much time we spent with these characters. Do you guys understand cinema regarding large budget series?

>If he kept completely serious the entire time
Not at all what I'm suggesting, try again. Merely having him be distressed at all would be a start. He never acts like the situation he's in is life threatening.

Some people react differently to stressful situations than others and there were plenty of scenes where he was stressed with a serious tone.

>Interstellar
10/10
>Gravity
6.5/10
>The Martian
6/10

gravity, just barely.

I didn't hate it, for the most part it looked great, but you're on point with the snyder tier symbolism.
GET IT! SHES LIKE A BABY BEING REBORN! AREN'T WE FUCKING CLEVER!?!

gravity would have been 10/10 if it ended with the final descent killing her. but instead she lives, so it was 6/10.

the other two movies were shit.

>He was on Mars for 500+ fucking days, you think being a stoic asshole with a stick up his ass would do him any good?
Have you ever read Robinson Crusoe user? He didn't need to quip to himself to survive.
I get what you're saying, and they make a point to establish it, but for the purposes of the story stripping out most of his dialogue would have improved the movie thematically and in terms of dramatic tension.

Gravity was so shit it's a meme

>gravity would have been 10/10 if it ended with the final descent killing her.
They should have ended the movie as she was re-entering the atmosphere. It's not important if she makes it back or not, what's important is that she was trying.
But they had to include another overly simplistic visual metaphor DUDE BABBYS FIRST STEPS! GET IT?

they should've ended gravity with george clooney's death

>/got/fag
>Thinks he's allowed to call things shit
Stay in your general.

Europa Report.

The book version of The Martian

don't mind me

this

Lol you live in a dream, my friend

cant even identify what movie its from kek

Honestly, as if this is a reddit thread

You people masturbate to silences and keeping dialogue to a minimum. Not every movie needs it and not ever character has to have those moments. Damon was fine as Mark and his goofy nature by heart is what people loved in the movie.

Interstellar>Martian>Gravity

>movie

you're seriously missing out

youtube.com/watch?v=IMTjN7eRceA

they're all shit

How is Interstellar feminist garbage??

checked and this

Interstellar>Gravity>The Martian

didn't watch neither and i have no any intention to change that. i can smell reddit when i see it.

>i can smell reddit when i see it.
yet here you are

This show is surprisingly good. One of the best things is, that all of the futuristic stuff feels like it's actually thought out.