youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIUClimate
youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who cares

nothing we can do if it is real op

its natural but we're speeding it up

this

Also "global warming" was a very bad name.
>"huur dur it's snowing, global warming is fak"

There we go.

Can any of you refute these claims?
Genuine curiosity and wishing to educate myself more. You people are good with trawling the internet and collecting facts and debunking each other

ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch9s9-7.html

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
NASA is claiming there's a consensus

sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130515203048.htm

scientificamerican.com/article/ice-core-data-help-solve/
I really want some redpills on this site in particular

Let me get this straight. Carbon dioxide works to trap heat inside the atmosphere but doesn't block the heat from getting in? Shouldn't the effect be a stablization of temperature rather than volatility?

/thread

Climate change deniers are retards.

The actual scientific debate is about how impactful it would be and how much humans are contributing. I'm in the camp of, not much until a lot farther into the future.

This is a surprisingly good video, considerring I don't like this dude youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIUClimate change deniers are retards.

The actual scientific debate is about how impactful it would be and how much humans are contributing. I'm in the camp of, not much until a lot farther into the future.

This is a surprisingly good video, considerring I don't like this dude youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU

>what is a greenhouse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse

this

FAKE

AND

GAY

>gives a graph with no context to the study
>the graph even shows an increase in CO2

user?

Heat energy is always added because of the sun. It's like you're putting insulation on a sunbaked roof. All it does is slow it down BUT Co2 also traps so they equal each other out

>BUT Co2 also traps so they equal each other out
>they

People can't read thoughts, user. Be more clear.

(((Climate Change))) is part of a a global conspiracy to subjugate national economies to central planning and regulation along the lines plotted by secular left-leaning jews in positions of authority in government, academia and finance. Prove me wrong.

>prove me wrong
>the existence of the asteroid ring is part of a global conspiracy to subjugate national economies to central planning and regulation along the lines plotted by secular left-leaning jews in positions of authority in government, academia and finance. Prove me wrong

>same user is going to go on and on about being redpilled, but believes things that he can't prove

Okay.

This. The main driving force of the warming we're seeing today is most likely natural in origin. Although the exact mechanism remains unknown, we've ruled out solar activity at this point.

However, human activity is absolutely exacerbating and accelerating it. Long-term climate cycles like the medieval warming period happen over centuries, not decades.

Now, with all this in mind the real question is what, if anything, can be done about it. If it is naturally driven then it's reasonable to suggest that we can't STOP the warming, but at the very least maybe we can slow it to a more manageable level. One that we can adapt to.

So how do we do that? The problem with proposed solutions to dealing with climate change from the left are that they all revolve around three things:
1) Reducing power consumption (good, but you can only do this so much before you hit a limit)
2) Reducing emissions (also good, but see above)
3) Taxing and regulating productions of emissions and issuing stupid bullshit like carbon credits (which does nothing)

The ONLY surefire way to dramatically reduce the emission of greenhouse gasses is to completely phase out fossil fuels, which is something that can't happen overnight and can't happen without a DRAMATIC increase in our utilization of nuclear fission power, which the left is vehemently opposed to.

And even IF we completely phase out the use of fossil fuels in the West, it won't solve the problem of China (which currently produces more emissions than the rest of the industrialized world COMBINED) and Africa (which is being developed by China and could become a major source of emissions in the future).

this honestly scares me. I live in a small fishing village on the olympic peninsula, and this is the worst year we've ever had for fishing. the water is too warm, and fish are passing it up to go further up north. I don't see this ever getting better, which really sucks. Fishing is villages main industry, and without it there's no economy around here.

It should get cooler in a few thousand years

welp

what this guy side. Source am in graduate school for bio-geochemistry.

when I was in uni, I knew a lot of people who were doing GECS. All of them weren't optimistic about anything having to do with the environment