Unhand her, Dan Backslide!

Unhand her, Dan Backslide!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztTmh8u966Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. Yes he is.

Why did he suck so much in Stardust Crusaders? He should have been able to take Dio on his own.

I can't believe he didn't trick DIO

The entire plot of Part 3 was fabricated so Joseph could pull of the Dio's Blood prank.
> Joseph informed those fishermen of a treasure at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
> Used Hermit Purple to give them the exact latitude and longitude.
> Arranged for Yabadabado to find the Arrow.
> Constantly lured Stand users to Dio's lair with random rumors.
> All so he could prank his grandson.
> His Japanese grandson.

Kakyoin, Avdol, and Iggy were all necessary sacrifices.

He never expected to use his ripple abilities after beating the pillar men, so his skills got rusty after 50 years. Had he trained, he would have easily OHK Dio.

I liked him in Stardust well enough, but I am disappointed that we never got to see him use Hermit Purple as a medium for Hamon. It seems like the perfect delivery system.
Also:
>Watching Eyes of Heaven Double Heat Attacks
>In Joseph/Jotaro he tries to grab the opponent with Hermit Purple, misses, shouts "Oh No!" then reveals it was all a trick and he has them caught in a rope
Joseph and his fucking Ruse Cruise.

>Dio

~ ~M E N A C I N G~ ~

he did once, against tumor baby, and I recall he tried to use it against DIO, who just avoided the vines

What I want to know is how come that his stand is so shitty compared to almost any other stand.

And that shit about creating maps out of sand, how does that work?

that goes for almost any surviving cast member in the show

>why is X really shit at his job all of a sudden
>it's because he didn't expect to get dragged into another adventure again

it's why Jotaro can only stop time for like, 2 seconds i think and also why joseph isn't in tip top shape anymore

he tricked Jotaro

I do like that technically Joseph is the only JoJo to die of natural causes.
Also, I liked Jotaro way more in Part 4 than in Part 3. While I liked Part 3 and all, he felt kind of like a one-note badass protagonist. I felt like with reduced focus in Part 4 he was pretty interesting for the other characters to interact with.
Also, his fight with Kira was fucking awesome.

Hermit Purple is an oracle, but it needs a physical medium to 'project' what it reveals. Using a camera is just the most efficient way to get it in color.

the sand maps was him using hermit purple to 'read' the layout of his city and then use the sand as a medium to transcribe what it saw

>he felt kind of like a one-note badass protagonist
Part 3 is much more enjoyable if you interpret Jotaro as a self-conscious introvert who is legitimately trying to be funny with his bad pun one-liners, and is genuinely uncomfortable around most people because he doesn't know how to interact with them

Jojos from older parts always job to make the new jojo look good. It happens to Jotaro too in part 4 and 6.

That's definitely a good way to look at it.
It's also been ages since I read Stardust Crusaders, and I'm willing to bet the translation wasn't amazing.
Did Jotaro really job in Part 4? He fucked up Kira pretty good, and that was after almost dying.

He could also use tv screens in part 3

Except it doesn't happen in part 4. He got the final hit on Kira and also was stated to be stronger than Josuke

>if you interpret Jotaro as a self-conscious introvert

Isn't that actually the case? He's so big and menacing that people avoid him, so he lacks social interaction

it's a way to read him, but I prefer not to pretend my interpretations are absolute

That comes across a bit in Part 4, with how the other characters legit don't know what to make of him, and in Part 6 his relationship with his daughter is shown to be kind of strained because he actually doesn't know how to show he cares about her

Jolyne didn't exactly come out of part 6 looking good.

He's old and not the main character. Look at Jotaro in part 4

My favorite protagonist besides Gyro is Jolyne

She felt like the amalgamation of the past Joestars in a really cool way

I just wish she got to fight her own final boss instead of Emporio

there's also how he seems to find the way girls fawn over him physically painful

I really think Joseph should've been the one to beat Darby the Elder. The thing that really set him apart from Jonathan and instantly made me like him was that he would do whatever it took to win, and he gets out cheated. As great as Jotoro's bluff was Darby felt like a character designed to show off what Joseph brought to the group

At least he got to play a role in taking down Darby the Younger

I wish she got a final evo that pulled some ridiculous power out her ass because 'string theory lol', I was expecting it from the moment god damn sky tubes was made a stand

>Did Jotaro really job in Part 4?
>Except it doesn't happen in part 4

That rat fucked him up pretty good.

It was pretty cool that out of all the Joestars, she had the least broken Stand power. It made it so that she had to get creative with how she used it, and that was great.
Also Hermes is hot, goddamn
Favourite Protag is probably still Josuke because he was funny as hell to watch fuck around.

She had two "transformation" moments I think

The first was when she gets out of prison and isn't afraid to set herself on fucking fire

And then MOBIUS STRIPS

True, and I guess that was literally jobbing in the narrative, since he took the fall to let Josuke become more confident in his abilities, which later played a part in his fight with Kira.

>MOBIUS STRIPS
I honestly don't remember that. How long has it even been since I read stone ocean?

>Favourite Protag is probably still Josuke

Yeah Part 4 is my favorite because after 3 parts of THE FATE OF THE WORLD Morioh and Kira was a really great change of pace. Like even if Kira won and killed them all he'd still just be a serial killer who would die one day

>since he took the fall to let Josuke become more confident in his abilities

I got that he was just cocky. I mean after beating Dio and being able to stop time he didn't seem to have any real sense of being in danger. Especially knowing Josuke could just heal him. Then the rat ricocheted the shots off a rock behind him and he realized he may have fucked up

Kind of makes you wonder how he met his wife

Yeah. And it really endeared you to the characters. Okuyasu's return from death was amazing.
I also kind of liked that out of all the one-off villains they fought, fucking Highway Star got to come back for a hero moment.
Which is good, because it had a really cool design.
True, but he also tells Josuke that he probably won't be able to dodge all the shots, so it's up to Josuke to get the rat. The ricochet caught him by surprise, but he figured he'd get hit eventually.

She does it to survive Pucci's fucking Gravity bullshit I think.
I don't think I can bring myself to reread Part 6, because I really liked all the characters and then they all fucking die, goddammit.

I don't know if I'm more curious about that or Joseph and Josuke's mom

I would say he should have known better with his experience with animals with stands but Iggy and Strength Gorilla had more ambition than just have food and kill everything in my territory so I guess it's easy to not think a rat would do something that clever

no, they all got a fresh start at the end, don't you remember?

I'm holding off on re-reading any Jojo since every now and then there's a scene or villain in the anime that I'd forgotten about and it's always a pleasant surprise.

Side note: When the hell is Joshu going to get a new haircut? The resolution to the recent arc made me start to like him but I hate how he looks.

See, that one's kind of plausible, if only because Joseph is kind of a fuck-around. You can see him hooking up with some random woman he met, having her fall in love with him, then the next morning waking up, remembering he's happily married and shouting "OH, MY GOD!"
Do we know anything about Jotaro's wife? They're divorced, right? I can only assume he met her through work.
I haven't read Part 8 because I want it to be finished. I don't do well with waiting.

>Okuyasu

Yeah after Stardust Crusaders killed off half the cast at the very end I fully expected that to be it for him. Thinking about it Part IV was pretty light on killing off the cast. Unless I remember it wrong it's just Shigechi and the beauty salon girl

Okuyasu's big brother too, though he was a villain. They let most of the villains live too.
I mean, technically Kira killed the whole cast, but ya know, time travel.

How does that work again?

He put a memetic bomb inside his "son" Hayato. If Hayato were to tell anyone Kira's true identity or were to directly cause someone to know it, the person who figured it out would die. Then, time would reset with the death of the person remaining regardless of whether or not Hayato told them about Kira.

>They let most of the villains live too
Cause most of them were just shitty high schoole kids that suddenly got Stand's after being shot with an arrow by one of two assholes.

If Hayato reveals Kira's identity Killer Queen pops out of him, blows them up and then resets time. Now that person will still blow up even if Hayato has no interaction with them and it keeps going like that until Kira recalls Killer Queen because he had to defend himself against Josuke.

The ending will haunt me for the rest of my days.
Bite Za Dusto allowed Kira to trap them in a Groundhog Day situation that ends when they all get blown the fuck up. He was keeping them looped until he could kill as many of them as possible, at which point he'd continue on. It's shown that once they're caught in the bomb's blast, on the next loop they detonate whether or not they view the bomb. When Hayato tries to avoid Rohan after the first day, he blows up regardless.
Hayato managed to break this by forcing Kira to recall the bomb, since like Sheer Heart Attack deploying it deprived Killer Queen of one of it's hands.

Reading scanlations for shit like this and King Crimson was confusing as fuck becasue it always felt like one crucial thing wasn't translated right. I'm hoping it becomes more clear in the anime

still a damn shame Eyes of Heaven was so half-assed because they could have had all the cool power interactions speculated about (and some even in ASB and EoH) as actual plot points, like Kira undoing someone's transformation or Giorno being immune to MiH's acceleration, or what happens if Okuyasu tries to erase Cream's sphere of erasure. Even most of the unique duel heat attacks were pretty barebones.

We didn't even get a timeline where Giorno was DIO's evil heir looking to usurp his father's dominion when he gets the chance

At least that part wasn't Duwang'd

Popular theory is that they are all speaking English and Jotaro sucks at English, hence his stoic nature and taking a while to come up with his one liners. I mean how else would 2 Japanese students, a Frenchman, an american, and and Egyptian communicate?

KC was fun because everyone explained it a little differently so there's just this huge cluster of overexplanation from the translators at the ends of chapters to make up for the lack of explanation in the chapters.

Did nips have anywhere near the difficulty understanding KC or was it just the translation?

The damn universe was being reset, so everyone was pretty much hosed no matter how you slice it.

hopefully I linked that right
I think Araki just wanted to write about Gangsters named after Pastas. The guy fucking loves Italy. So I don't worry to much about how the fuck KC works.

I think most people are afraid of changing any part of JoJo's lore and Araki himself doesn't like to revisit his own stuff much

>2 Japanese students, a Frenchman, an american, and and Egyptian communicate
Stand telepathy, which was introduced and promptly forgotten.

I think the best parts of the game are the character interactions in the Dual Heat Attacks. Gionio and Dio's interaction is pretty heartwarming
>At least that part wasn't Duwang'd
YET

But I thought he got the stand after Dio was hit with the arrow...?

Where was this? I'm a filthy casual.

the game ends with everything having never happened so it's not like it was stepping on any toes

Femto vs DIO

Who is the most pure

Yeah there weren't nearly enough dual heat attacks for characters from different parts

Dio & DIO
DIO & Pucci
DIO & Giorno
Par III Joseph & Part 4 Josuke
Jotoro & Jolyne

early on in Part 3, there's a handful of instances where stand users can communicate telepathically, since at the time Araki was still thinking of them as people with psychic powers and 'stands' where how telekinesis might appear to other psychics. The main instance that I remember is the boat guy, where Jotaro telepathically taunts him 'what, you'll have to speak up. We're underwater you know'

>FEMTO
>PURE

I personally had more trouble understanding what the fuck GER did and how making death = zero meant experiencing death over and over again.

At least KC was a bit more clear, in a convoluted manner.

It ends with Jotoro using Star Platinum Over Heaven to make his own new reality where all his friends survive and he ends up actually being a good father. I thought it was sweet

>just came back to life
>literally the first thing he does is goof on his grandson
how can one man be so based

So is the villian always David Bowie?

I could have sworn it ended with everything DIO OVER HEAVEN did being undone and Jotaro being sent back to just after he burned DIO's body at the end of part 3. I don't recall anything about Kakyoin, Abdul and Iggy being alive

Araki saw Labyrinth and got a boner

sometimes the villain is BAOH

honestly the masturbating thing instantly made her the most relateable jojo

In the EOH version we see a montage of various characters being alive (when they wouldn't be) and Jolyne is with Jotaro when he goes to Morioh for Part 4

I'll be honest, I don't understand what Golden Experience does in the first place.
Requiem I kind of get, it condemns the opponent to "an eternity of me kicking your ass". Diavolo is forever trapped in a series of existences where he immediately dies.
But couldn't Golden experience create life or some shit? Didn't it turn rocks into snails or something? I dunno man.

Hermit Purple does not merely send images through space, BUT ALSO TIME!

it's kinda like a VHS tape stuttering because the tape reader got jammed, the last second or so repeating forever.

who didn't?

Wait, what?
How did I miss that?

I must have assumed there was nothing else and gone out for a smoke

Two after credit scenes

Kakyoin, Abdul and Iggy are in the hospital and Polnareff is staying to wait for them while Jotaro and Jospeh fly back to see Holly

Then this happens

youtube.com/watch?v=ztTmh8u966Q

it got turn something nonliving into something living and then back into what it originally was

No.
Sometimes it's Tim Curry wearing a David Bowie wig.
And sometimes it's Black David Bowie.

it literally happens during her first scene in the prison

Huh, guess I'll reread Stone Ocean then.

part 3 was kinda of a mess when it came to explaining what stands could do.

Dio was also had purple hermits abilities with communicating through the TV.

>But couldn't Golden experience create life or some shit?

I just remember that like the first thing he does is turn a street sign into a frog or something similar. I've forgotten most of part 5 besides Bruno

Can autists be that buff?

I remember Part 5 fairly well, but mostly because of Narancia
It blew my mind when I found out he was a boy.

Jojo fags are as bad as pony fags

>Dio was also had purple hermits abilities with communicating through the TV.

Originally The World gave Dio the power of every other stand because in Tarot that's what the World is. Araki realized that was going to be a nightmare to keep writing and changed it

>Sup Forums: the post