What's this guy's problem, is he mentally retarded?

What's this guy's problem, is he mentally retarded?

How did this show go from being about a cool, mysterious FBI agent, to being a show about a literal retard?

I wouldn't say it's "about" him, just because he was the protagonist of the old seasons. So far he's the comic relief. The new show is "about" him as much it's "about" Gordon, Albert, Tammy and Diane, the sherrif's department or evil Cooper. It's an ensemble piece.

his brain was rebooted to factory settings. I was hoping something would trigger his memories and old personality to return, but i'm guessing evil Coop needs to die for him to stop being retarded.

tabula rasa

It's better this way, and it's probably the only good thing in this new series altogether.

Lynch is a artsy fartsy hack

Agent Cooper has been tricked and reincarnated into the wrong body who was just a decoy. Real agent Cooper possessed by Bob is cool as fuck.

>a cool, mysterious FBI agent
*tips fedora*

seriously though, if you can't appreciate dougie as the emotional core of the show then lynch's vision has sailed way over your head.

>only capable of occasionally repeating a few words said to him, otherwise stays silent
>can barely even walk anywhere without help
>nobody has commented on this, acts like it's normal

Is the joke that everyone is too polite to say anything? Or are we just supposed to believe nobodies noticed that Dougie has the iq of a 4 year old?

Thank doggie

They said he had mental problems, and in large US cities nobody cares about each other, only themselves.

I believe there is certain lodge aura around him that is making people fond of him.

Go visit san francisco.
Also he used to suffer mental issue since a car accident. People think its one of his "period".

Literal.... retard.

there's a reference to the fact that dougie had a car accident before coop took over his identity, and janey-e has said previously that he occasionally phases out and has 'episodes', whatever that means. So it's likely people are aware of Dougie's strange behaviour but is right to suggest people are too concerned with themselves to pay attention– see: the mitchum brothers and their 30 mil payout, janey-e and the new car, sonny jim and his playset, etc.

yup

>tfw you will never see paranoid schizoaudrey having sex with dribbling retard dougie

why even live

>How did this show go from being about a cool, mysterious FBI agent
Were you watching the X-files? He was always a goofball.

Why would any fan of TP be thought of as having ADHD? It's a slow show.

That chick is hot as fuck. I wish she had a bigger role. I'd let her BRAAAAAP all over my face.

>things only morons say

I went from finding Dougie confusing and funny to genuinely sensing an undercurrent of tragic drama in his story.

Cooper sensing that he has an important mission, a purpose...but being trapped in someone else's life, surrounded by people he doesn't know and getting swept up in the current of events.

Haven't you ever felt like you're trapped in someone else's life? As things just sort of "happen" around you, without any agency on your part? Feeling like you're missing something, some far away purpose that echoes in your head?

And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself
Well...how did I get here?

she's under house arrest and cant actually leave right? that's why she keeps having the same round about argument two episodes in a row right? she has retrograde amnesia and keeps trying to call and or go to the road house, but cant actually do that?