It's another "Damian kidnaps people to be his friends" episode

>CBR News: What is your personal history with the Teen Titans as characters, as a team, as a concept? Were you a fan before you came to the team for DC: Rebirth?

>Benjamin Percy: I dipped in and out of the Wolfman-Perez run when I was a kid — and then revisited the old issues after I graduated college and the Johns’s run rekindled my interest. When DC approached me about writing the series, I do what I always do: immerse myself in research. Watching “Young Justice” and “Teen Titans Go!”; reading every issue I could get my paws on. That’s the only way to approach an event like Rebirth: know what’s been written, so that I can cultivate the best of it, while giving the Teen Titans my own unique spin. Wolfman/Pérez and Geoff Johns remain my touchstones for quality.

>Various people have assumed leadership of the team over the years but now Damian Wayne has taken the reins. How does Damian’s approach vary?

>You won’t be surprised to hear he takes the team by force. It’s Damian after all. And you also won’t be surprised to hear that Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven and Kid Flash don’t appreciate his tyrannical approach.

>But slowly — and with difficulty — they’ll come to empathize with each other as they realize good intentions underlie Damian’s bad behavior. He’s not only looking to help himself, but save their lives, as they all face a common enemy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ucmsunDs3jE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The Titans have never shied away from taking on powerful foes — but Ra’s Al Ghul is another level. How does he come into their path? What is he up to, as the series begins?

>It’s not often a writer gets the opportunity to write a #1 issue, and I don’t take that for granted — I also don’t take my readers’ attention for granted. They’re going to give me one or two issues, and if I don’t wow them — if I don’t grab them by the throat and drag them down the rabbit hole — then the “Teen Titans” will get sidelined as a series. This is one of the most important franchises in comics’ history, and I want to launch it with earth-shaking thunder.

>Which means nothing less than a marquee villain like Ra’s al Ghul will do.

>I can’t tell you too much about what he’s up to, as that would spoil too much. But here’s an exclusive nugget of information we haven’t shared with anyone else. There is a school — called the Demon’s Fist — presided over by Ra’s himself that is cultivating the future of the League of Assassins. Knowing that, you better lock your doors and hide under the bed, because those kids are nasty pieces of work.

>With the Titans going up against someone from Damian’s past — in essence, they’re fighting legacy itself. Is that a theme you’re interested in exploring in your run?

>Absolutely. Ra’s is not only centrally important to the narrative but also to theme. Damian is the son of the world’s greatest detective, and the grandson of the world’s greatest crime lord. He just turned thirteen, as you know from the DCU Rebirth issue, and that’s a fulcrum point, the juncture of childhood and adulthood. He’s going to face some hard choices, as are all the Titans, about how the burden of their pasts affects the freedom of their futures.

>How will the team work together in these circumstances? With Damian in charge, things could well be quite tense.

>Everyone loves an odd couple — Kirk and Spock, Abbot and Costello, Green Arrow and Black Canary — and Damian and Starfire will offset each other beautifully as friendly adversaries. They’re both fierce warriors. They’re both alienated. But he operates in the shadows, whereas she’s powered by the sun. He’s bitingly asocial, whereas she wears her (very big) heart on her sleeve.

>Here’s one of the things that unites the team and serves as central theme not only for DC’s Rebirth generally but the Teen Titans particularly: these characters are all haunted by their past as they try to wrestle control of their future.

>How did you decide on the characters who’ll be showing up in the series, as an ensemble and as a collection of fan-favorite heroes?

>Every arc will have a character as a focusing agent, so the first arc belongs to Damian, and the second arc belongs to our sixth, secret member — who will be announced in the near future — and so on.

>I’m doing this because team books are crowded, and characterization gets thinned as a result. So the series will remain an ensemble, but one character will rise above the others and guide the emotional and thematic arc each time.

>We’ve got a mix of fan favorites and newbies. They’re all outliers and they’re all, well, looking for friends. And isn’t that what “Teen Titans” has always been about? Friendship? That — and coming-of-age.

I blame Talia for his behavior.

>it's another "percy adds a bunch of annoying narration boxes" episode

Not muh Raven?

at least he's not talking about racism yet

why does the cover looks like shit in terms of color but the interior art is ok?

But those are the best episodes beside pic related

Also
>It's another "Damian's mother figure gets her brains fucked out by his brother figure" episdoe

>Damian has trouble opening up at first, but slowly learns to trust Kori after having a poor experience with his real mother
>He begins talking more about his feelings, and she takes him out for ice cream
>Damian sees her as a role model, and tells his big brother Dick how much he respects her
>Damian makes Starfire a gift for Mother's Day, and brings it to her bedroom, only to find his big brother, the first person he ever learned to trust, bending her over and doggying her from behind, while she's dressed in a Batgirl costume crying "spank me harder, daddy"

Reminder that Benjamin Percy sounds like Trigon.

>that episode where Damian discover cosplay cuckold fetish
>that episode where Damian learns to make a body pillow
>that episode where Damian tries blender masturbation

Percy's voice is sexy though

>ttg
Reee and somesuch

hey new previews

Is this like a step away from being a Teen Titans Go episode?

Percy hasn't even started but I'm enjoying Damian for the first time since Bruce returned

>kidnaps people and makes them his friends
He-he does that too?

Final lettered preview in two weeks user.

youtube.com/watch?v=ucmsunDs3jE

theme song for this thread

I'm not sure I like this look for Raven. Feels off. Looks like she belongs in Gotham Academy.

I feel like after all these previews, I've read the entire Rebirth issue already

IIIIIIIT'S TRIGON! AGAIN!

SOON! THE SAME FUCKING STORY YOU'VE READ A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY!

please, please no
do the TT have any other stories besides Trigon and Judas contract

Will they couple him with Raven for maximum word of mouth?

But think of the DRAMA and TENSION that this chewed out tale can provide!

DAMIAN IS THE WORST ROBIN HE IS WORSE THAN JASON TODD EVER WAS I HATE HIM SO MUCH HE IS AN INSUFFERABLE LITTLE PRICK AND I IMMEDIATELY DROP EVERY COMIC HE IS IN AND I REFUSE TO WATCH ANY MOVIES WITH HIM IN IT REEEEEEE WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SHILL THIS PIECE OF SHIT CHARACTER REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Characters are as good as their writer
and Percy is pretty dope

I could get behind that ship.
Taking after his father with zattana.

The fuck kind of shipping goggles are YOU wearing?

I want them to make a not shitty story with Brother Blood.

>It's another "Teen Titans: Rebirth #1 Lettered Preview" episode
ftfy

Percy is not a good writer, though

Wait wait wait wait what
the fuck is with this raven design.

i want them to team up with Gen6

There a special pair i made myself thaat excel at maintaining themes through generations.
Im already shipping damians nonexistent children with Chantinelle.

New design. I'm not really digging it either yet, feels like a different character.

Refresh, Refresh was a really good book
you don't know what you're talking about

I hope you find peace in the afterlife.

At this point I'm ready to drop Raven as a waifu and just go full gay for Beast Boy.

Yeah as bad as supermans and aquamans rebirth costumes are they are still recognisibly those characters.
This is not raven at all.

>Damian gets his revenge 18 years and 9 months later when he fucks Mar'i Grayson

Aaaaand how old is Mar'i supposed to be at that point?

And Damian would be what. 13 years older?

Dirty old fuck, just like his old man.

I really hope that they don't follow the animated movie and push Damian x Raven.

Raven was still 17 years old in the previous comics. Her dating a 13 year old kid, even more so when that kid is Damian, is troubling.

>In the previous comics
Different Raven, this one doesn't even resemble her.

Same Raven, actually.

This comic artist and Marv Wolfman, who's writing the Raven mini, confirmed they're the same character as the Femto one that appeared before.

Shes not human you dont have to apply the same age standards (which does not make the arrisa retcon any less stupid)

They're doing a real shit job showing that, then.

Damian's still weird as a love interest.

I'm not very familiar with the current Teen Titans creative team, but I'm kinda thinking about grabbing some issues when I go back to my LCS.

Sell me on it, Sup Forums?

I'd rather not pirate it beforehand if there's a chance I'll buy it. Something about having a floppy in my hand is nice. I dunno.

>Sell me on it
What's there to sell? It's the Teen Titans, again but this time with a little Hitler-jugend cunt as Robin.

Tim pls,you sucks cunt.

Tim is loser.

Timfag you lives in the basement of your mother.

Well i suppose its not so much themes as a 6 degrees of separation thing.
Batman was with zatanna who is a technicly non-human mage
Then damian with raven who is some sort of wierd half demon mage type thing.
Then damians child with Chantinelle who is an outright demon.
Then match up damians grandchild with some sort of exile maybe somebody from rann

>Implying I like Tim
The only good Robin was Dick.

Timfags.World's Worst Fanboys?

you're Adopted?

Tim Fanboys seem the worst overall to me.

Okay so you're just retarded. Good to know, kys

>you're Adopted?
you're Adopted?

Tumblr pls.

Kys

personally i would say Cass Fans are the most creepy.

Holy necro thread Batman! But seriously, the worst are the fangirls. That's just by definition, not a female fan, just anyone that takes their fanboy-ness to the extent of issuing death threats due to their perceived "love" of the character. Find the character with the fangirls and you've found the worst one, so I expect that Timmy wins then, his fans seem to be the most extreme in that respect from my own observations. Well within comic books, there's worse groups elsewhere.

I think any over the top fanboy is hard to deal with. Batman, X-Men, Hulk, Thanos, DC, and the like are just crazed with their own form of "my dad can beat up you dad" mentality.

Literally, no one more annoying than Tim fanboys.

Yup.

>now derailed by charcterfag shitposters

Tim fanboys.No comment.

>Damian shitposting is stgronger that Raven waifufaggotry

I thought Tim is dead?

kill yourself
I'm a Kyle/Wally/Tim/Legion/X-Men/MC-2 fanboy
come at me

TIM IS DEAD:D

kill yourself

I don't care about robins, I only care about Raven.

Bruce never dated Zatanna.

>Tim/Legion/X-Men/
In the world of comic books, there is no one more annoying fan than the Tim fanboys.

I will live forever to spite you and the big 2

It's true though.

I'm doomed to living forever in sadness?

Raven fanboys SICKEN me.

ELLIE DESERVES HAPPINESS.

Lol. Tim and Jasonfags sound like idiots.

Tim is shit, Damian is shit, Jason is shit. Dick is the only good Robin and you're all a bunch of autistic underaged faggots.

PEACE OUT, BITCHES.

not to offend you or anything but ... how should i put this . you are extreimly cringy and get yourself a script so you can say the lines corectly

Dick is the worst Robin and the first time he was tolerable was in Grayson and that was homo cheesecake faggot bullshit
Tim/Damian/Jason > Dick

Dickfags, whether DC or Marvel, are the worst people ever

you're Adopted?

Are you adopted?

it seems as though Tim Drake is the lease liked Robin/ bat member in the DC.

Can't say I hate Tim because, to be honest, I don't really care THAT much for him ... then that kid gets my vote for the worst Robin otherwise it's good ole Drake.

Thank you, but I'm no homo.

Hey faggot, you adopted yet?

At least people remember him.;-;

Liar. You adopted yet, homosexual?